Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: iamamiwhoami

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So the next new track is up - Blue Blue. Seems you can buy all the new tracks individually through their web shop: http://shop.towhomitmayconcern.cc/collections/releases
    To be honest I'm struggling to get on with the new record. I loved the first one, and though the second was even better, but there's a bit of magic missing now. The videos look like adverts, but I'm not sure for what. I'm hoping it will come together by the end.
    I totally agree. I have been with Jonna's project since the beginning (like, those numbered trailers). I just can't really fall in love with these new singles. I have Kin on vinyl but not BOUNTY and it's gonna be hella expensive to have in the States.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Thin

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Chasing Kites

I think this is the best off the album so far.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The last chapter in Blue. What an incredible way to end. The song is good too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, did anyone get the Blue Island package? I still can't really get into Blue, so I hesitated to pay out for more... interesting though that the Blue album is extended there. I appreciate that they're trying something a bit different, but again it's not quite working out for me. I read a review somewhere that Blue wasn't really much of a development on Kin, but that seems nuts to me. I could listen to Kin on a loop forever. Talking of the old albums though, I see that they're making the first two available again with the CD/DVD package. I got Kin a while back, but Bounty hasn't been available (in that format) for ages. I can't wait to see the full film on the big telly. I'm actually hoping we might see a release of In Concert on DVD, or even digitally. I know it's on YouTube, but the whole thing is just too good... it deserves something more, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I always read this performer's name as "I am Ami. Who? Ami."

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So, did anyone get the Blue Island package? I still can't really get into Blue, so I hesitated to pay out for more... interesting though that the Blue album is extended there. I appreciate that they're trying something a bit different, but again it's not quite working out for me. I read a review somewhere that Blue wasn't really much of a development on Kin, but that seems nuts to me. I could listen to Kin on a loop forever. Talking of the old albums though, I see that they're making the first two available again with the CD/DVD package. I got Kin a while back, but Bounty hasn't been available (in that format) for ages. I can't wait to see the full film on the big telly. I'm actually hoping we might see a release of In Concert on DVD, or even digitally. I know it's on YouTube, but the whole thing is just too good... it deserves something more, in my opinion.
    I have not got the Blue Island package. Quite honestly, I'm a bit confused on the different options. I have Kin on vinyl and would like to get Bounty and Blue on vinyl as well but that would cost a small fortune to get it to the States.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Indeed. I guess that's the problem with being independent - no major international distribution on CDs or vinyl. I suffer enough with postage to the UK - I dread to think what it involves travelling further. It is a shame, especially as they do make effort with their packaging. Maybe just take a holiday to Sweden and stock up direct!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Claes Björklund from iamamiwhoami released his own debut single as Barbelle...

Stream: http://twimc.cc/spotify/ohwhyyeah
    Purchase MP3/WAV: http://twimc.cc/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like it! More so than anything iamamiwhoami has put out since BOUNTY.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anybody else looking forward to the new ionna lee track?
    What with Blue and then Barbelle I've found myself losing interest over recent years - not that they weren't good, but something was missing for me... then this teaser appears which is full of old-school iamamiwhoami magic and mystery:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The new video is now up, and it's not disappointing:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/207416427

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the new video, it says chapter 2. I wonder how many there will be. Really like the imagery with her solo work. Interested in seeing/hearing more.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Coming soon then:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    New album "Everyone Afraid To Be Forgotten" drops Feb 16.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-11-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Can't stop listening to the ionnalee stuff.

As I'm sure some of you noticed, "Gone" finally makes a proper song out of this old iamami clip. So cool, and very gratifying to hear after 7+ years!

Really excited for the full album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Can't stop listening to the ionnalee stuff.

As I'm sure some of you noticed, "Gone" finally makes a proper song out of this old iamami clip. So cool, and very gratifying to hear after 7+ years!

Really excited for the full album.

I was so excited to hear those same sounds from that prelude ! It's so neat to hear it fully fleshed out after all these years. I'm going to order the vinyl but it doesn't come with a dvd of the "FILM". shipping is so much to the States.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I LOVE this version! I was happy to see iamamiwhoami remixing her solo song. I'm wondering if we are going to get any more of the "preludes" on the album?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)