Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Dance Party US fucking A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This Billy Idol cover is very cool, I dunno what's supposed to be funny about it (except for TR looking like a common guy, not the NIN guy)
    that's all I have to say

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^
    didn't Billy Idol recently make some comment about being honoured to have Trent cover his song?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Well, if we're talking about taking things out here then I'd say that sounds more like red robe territory.
    Ah, Red Robe, long forgotten territory. Gollum must be going nuts with Red Robe...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Option 30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that was the more obvious one that didn't need a mention :P

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Option 30.
    Nice upload i din't have flac for this but i think the date is not 97 but 85, also i have a copy of the back cover

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Nice upload i din't have flac for this but i think the date is not 97 but 85, also i have a copy of the back cover
    Dating it is a tricky problem. The disc itself was released in 1997. As it's unclear if they ever released anything "officially" (this was just a packaging of a demo and radio interview), I felt it appropriate to use the date of actual release. Similarly, we don't use 2000 as the date for AATCHB.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Someone up'd it to Youtube already. At least it was up an hour ago since I linked to it on Facebook.

EDIT: Here it is:
    owns the Glee guys anytime...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I just wanted to make a note that it was really hard to figure out where this was taped and that bugged me for years. All the information on the Internet was saying Dance Party USA was taped in Philadelphia or in Ocean City, NJ. Well, it wasn't true. Philly is only where it was produced and Ocean City was only for beach episodes in the summer.

The end credits of this video finally gave me the clues I needed:

(the set matches Nine Inch Nails' episode and this Christmas episode was taped just weeks after NIN). Dance Party USA was taped at Power House Recording Studio in Camden, NJ. And with that studio name, I was able to find this corroborating information that the studio was owned by one of the show's producers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Could someone reupload the video from the first post (sendspace link), please? @TheBang

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I just wanted to make a note that it was really hard to figure out where this was taped and that bugged me for years. All the information on the Internet was saying Dance Party USA was taped in Philadelphia or in Ocean City, NJ. Well, it wasn't true. Philly is only where it was produced and Ocean City was only for beach episodes in the summer.

The end credits of this video finally gave me the clues I needed:

(the set matches Nine Inch Nails' episode and this Christmas episode was taped just weeks after NIN). Dance Party USA was taped at Power House Recording Studio in Camden, NJ. And with that studio name, I was able to find this corroborating information that the studio was owned by one of the show's producers.
    Plus there is an interview transcript in the first comment of the YouTube video posted above. TR says “(I think) NJ”.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Plus there is an interview transcript in the first comment of the YouTube video posted above. TR says “(I think) NJ”.
    Yup that’s what bothered me about it too, and Ocean City NJ didn’t seem right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So that's where the "let's hear it for Nine Inch Nails" sample is from. Woah!