Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Custom BB Codes.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Custom BB Codes.

With a brand-spanking-new ETS comes new custom BB codes for everyone's enjoyment.
    • First is the [spoiler] tag. Make sure you use this tag in the TV/Movie forums when you want to talk about spoilers.
    Code:
    [spoiler]OMG The Titanic sinks at the end![/spoiler]
    Spoiler: OMG The Titanic sinks at the end!
    • Next is the [shadowbox] tag. This is useful in threads where people will be posting a ton of images, and we rather you have them as links instead of [img] tags. Here is an example from the N&V Thread.
    Code:
    [shadowbox="http://YOUR-IMAGE-URL-HERE"]your photo title or text here.[/shadowbox]
    A recent photo of myself.

If everyone uses the [shadowbox] code instead of the [link] code for their linked images, then you can use the arrow keys to go through every image in the current page of the thread, which is pretty handy!
    • Another cool bbcode is the [ninwiki] code which links to ninwiki. so if you were talking about year zero and wanted to link to the ninwiki page for it you would simple use:
    Code:
    [ninwiki]Year Zero[/ninwiki]
    Year Zero

This code is case-sensitive though, so you may have to double check the article if you arent sure, but in general, every first letter of the title is capitalized.
    • And of course, you can do a regular [wiki] tag to link to wikipedia.
    Code:
    [wiki]Nine Inch Nails[/wiki]
    Nine Inch Nails

More to come!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be better if there's an option for [wiki] and [ninwiki]? I like the idea but there's bigger chance of people using wiki code for actual wiki pages rather than just ninwiki. Hooray for spoilers though :]

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perch View Post
    wouldn't it be better if there's an option for [wiki] and [ninwiki]?
    You're right. I thought about that too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there a way to post photos without having them uploaded to a website first? I never figured that out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Donate $25 and you'll get 25 mb of storage here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Any way to post a quote inside another quote? I can only post each quote separately (not a big deal, but it makes things look better when attempting to quote a convo between multiple people.)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    We now have strike-thru code. Funny the things you realize we don't have yet until you go to mod edit a post.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Any way to post a quote inside another quote? I can only post each quote separately (not a big deal, but it makes things look better when attempting to quote a convo between multiple people.)
    It has to be done manually.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    We now have strike-thru code. Funny the things you realize we don't have yet until you go to mod edit a post.
    Unless I'm crazy, we did on the old board too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    We did but it was a custom code, too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    how does one "mention" a user in a post? i've tried just making their username a link, but i'm not sure that actually does it?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Custom BB Codes.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    how does one "mention" a user in a post? i've tried just making their username a link, but i'm not sure that actually does it?
    I'm pretty sure it's @eversonpoe so just stick an @ in front of the username with no space