18 Post(s)
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...says_it_right/

Scroll down for some really funny and lame puns xD

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    You guys like my Closer cover?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There was an old spotting ('05) on Language Log that may have been recorded here, but if so was lost with everything else: http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/langu...es/002621.html

Great little post, and the sentence in question was probably not even an accident. Presented here in its entirety:

THE TRENT REZNOR PRIZE FOR TRICKY EMBEDDING

Matthew Hutson, noting my interest in embedding, has observed by email that Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails is responsible for "the most tricky and yet correct and clear sentence by a rockstar in an interview that I have ever seen":

"When I look at people that I would like to feel have been a mentor or an inspiring kind of archetype of what I'd love to see my career eventually be mentioned as a footnote for in the same paragraph, it would be, like, Bowie."

Matthew suggests that Reznor deserves extra points because his sentence is "finished with a flourish of 'like.'" It surely is, even if Reznor seems to be a bit confused about where footnotes go, and so I hereby inaugurate the Trent Reznor Prize for Tricky Embedding, to be awarded intermittently.

Today's LL mentions that old post (which is the only reason I remember it): http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=3724
    Last edited by johnhenry; 01-24-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: bad formatting persists!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The mark has been made is used in the trailer for The Darkness 2.
    http://kotaku.com/5878974/nine-inch-...launch-trailer

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Josh Freese was on the latest episode of the Doug Loves Movies podcast and mentioned that his old boss did the music for TGWTDT.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Retard say what? This is old but I recently found it. Looks like we're fucked. LOL!!

A report has emerged stating that a 29-year-old woman has told investigators that she set fire to her childhood home because of messages in the music of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails.

A 29-year-old El Paso, Texas native accused of attempting to burn down her childhood family home has allegedly claimed that the music of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails has influenced her behaviour, according to a new report from the El Paso Times.

Christina Paz told investigators “she was angry at her mom and dad for trying to kill her on Christmas Day, that they had planned to sodomize her and chop her up with the help of a neighbor [sic].”

An investigator asked Paz how she knew her parents wanted to kill her “and she said through the music of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails.”
    Paz faces a felony charge of arson of a habitation and remains jailed in lieu of posting $20,000 bond.
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/top-pos...eged-arsonist/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Multi-tracks for songs from TGWTDG released.

http://blog.tunecore.com/2012/01/the...o-stems-2.html

surprised they were released in this fashion, and not mentioned on nin.com first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There's an interview with Trent on the same page as well.

http://blog.tunecore.com/2012/01/tre...interview.html

I haven't gone through it yet so I don't know if there's anything new to report.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    That was the best TR interview I've read in many years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Josh Freese posted his last drum perspective video shot during the "Lights in the Sky" tour. "Wish", "March of the Pigs", "Letting You" and the latest addition "1,000,000".
    Here it is:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    That was the best TR interview I've read in many years.
    That was a long setup for me saying – I thought it would be interesting to look at an album more like a magazine. Let’s do it, not carelessly, but let’s not look at it as the next thing that’s my big statement for the next four years of my life. Here was a very intensive and creative six-to-eight weeks of my life I had, as an album. Here it is. It’s free. That’s what The Slip was. It’s fun to do, it was interesting to see if it could be done. I’m proud of that record, it was fun to make. The self-imposed pressure was also matched with [the fact that] if it sucked I didn’t have to put it out.
    It was a fun process. Now compare that to The Fragile, where we spent two years writing and working on that album. And that was also a fun process, but when approaching something that has a lot of length to it, and time, we could go off on tangents, say “What if we don’t put the mics where we normally do, but try something different? Or what if we played on a different instrument that we don’t know how to play? Or what if we hired someone to come in to do this? Or…what if?”
    When you have a broader scope, it tends to allow you to do those things which, they don’t always work, but you learn something from it.
    …Dragon Tattoo, and I’m boring myself with this long answer, that was an excuse to follow some of those trailheads. And in the process, we learned a lot about trying new things, as opposed to The Social Network, which used and modified a skill set that we already had. [26:06]
    what an amazing answer; I had been digging this soundtrack more than anything TR has done in awhile, and I couldn't quite pinpoint why - the fact that it turns out that it came from a similar sort of work ethic as the fragile (my favorite album) explains a bit, and that that was a calculated decision makes me happy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This was released about a week ago, but figured I'd mention it. Even though everyone on this board won't need it.

But there is a NIN 69¢ sale on iTunes, decent collection of tunes to choose from.

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/playlist/...gs/id496301708

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    On the latest Cinematic Titanic release (if you don't know what that is, look here: http://www.cinematictitanic.com/), a man and a woman are being attacked by killer bugs and one of the riffers says "This looks like a Nine Inch Nails video!" It cracked me up. My guess is that they were thinking of the Closer video when they made that comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Is there a NIN cover thread?

I hadn't heard about this before tonight.
    That's Jovanotti.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TR interview to Q magazine (site has only a snippet of it)
    scans, anyone? please?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent is quoted on the splash page for Robbie Robertson's site http://robbie-robertson.com/

Anyone wanna buy me that super deluxe album btw? I'll hug you forever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This seemingly got lost in the creepy hard drive chatter, but I'm also interested in the interview.

Creepy? NOT CREEPY ENOUGH! lol
    Last edited by Incendiary Lover; 11-30-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Ferme la bouche

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    This seemingly got lost in the creepy hard drive chatter, but I'm also interested in the interview.

No scans but Austin Hargrave posted a few tasty bits from the photo shoot.
    I'd be interested in a scan of the interview too

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC 6 Music just roasted Trent for moaning about touring. ~13:50 GMT, listen again via http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bfd89 (probably in ≥24 hours)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Oh, ha, is THAT what that thing is? Haha, yeah, I like it.
    Peenin!

I found this comment necessary to make, so I wrote it, pressed post, got reminded to lengthen my post, so I did.

Oh shit. I actually have a NIN-spotting to make.

I went to see this documentary called "The other F-word" today at the Gothenburg International Film Festival.
    It's about punk musicians who've adapted their lives to parenting. Loved it. Well, half way through the film Josh Freese shows up with his little kids throwing diapers in the backyard. Check it out if you can, Duane Peters from the U.S. Bombs' story is pretty heartbreaking.
    Last edited by hobochic; 02-02-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC 6 Music just roasted Trent for moaning about touring. ~13:50 GMT, listen again via http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bfd89 (probably in ≥24 hours)
    Could I ask what was said please ? I really dislike Stuart Maconie and his never-ending stream of opinions and would rather not listen to it all!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm impressed, Cracked took a whole 15 words into that article to remind me how disgusting a website it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lead singer of A Place To Bury Strangers recalls opening for NIN in a Consequence of Sound interview.
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...ury-strangers/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just a little thing, but: A Is For Arsenic (the fashion-label outlet for the singer of Angelspit) released a piece in their new jewelry line called My Violent Heart. I think Amelia titled some of her Miss X eyeshadows after NIN songs, once upon a time, but they're long out of stock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't recall seeing this before but it's probably old news.

Someone found an old tape he made from an interview with Trent off MTV2, probably in 2000 or so. The part about Napster being "stealing" made me laugh.

(I am sick and can't remember if this is the place for this stuff, or if it's NIN in the News, which I can't find. Move if necessary.)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    Just a little thing, but: A Is For Arsenic (the fashion-label outlet for the singer of Angelspit) released a piece in their new jewelry line called My Violent Heart. I think Amelia titled some of her Miss X eyeshadows after NIN songs, once upon a time, but they're long out of stock.
    Heh. For those of you who were on the original ETS, you may remember Mormolyke's spinning-head avatar. That was actually done by Karl, who not long afterward I guess, formed Angelspit. He used to do stuff with the band she was in at the time, Dead Inside the Chrysalis. I met Karl & Amelia back in... 2002/3 at a DITC show, I don't think they'd formed a band yet. Kinda neat to see where they've gone since.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Zach Galifianakis jokes of his nine inch "nails":