Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2012

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Trent has posted that they're second to last day of mixing the new HTDA LP - I know it's not NIN but the only place to post it is LP fapping in the HTDA forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent featured in the Sound City documentary by Dave Grohl. Trailer here: http://soundcitymovie.com/.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    NIN is featured on the front page of reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/commen...trent_reznors/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Darkness II tv spot featuring The Mark Has Been Made

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This is an old one, but I just saw Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero Remixed - My Violent Heart noted as inspiration for Portal 2 Music, in "The Final Hours of Portal 2".

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Steve Duda was on the Webcast Pensado's Place this week. No discussion of NIN sadly, except Dave Pensado referred to the Fragile twice, once as "that cool double album" and another time as a "great record." Steve Duda told a story about how Alan Moulder just listened and turned knobs when mixing, rather than just stressing over which frequency is which. It should be up on their youtube page in a day or two: http://www.youtube.com/show/pensadosplace

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    'Hurt' no.2 on the best opening lines in the NME
    Quite a good image on the front page of the site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Revolver had their 100th issue or something special like that; in there they listed their top 100 live artists or acts. They had a little blurb about TR now winning oscars and "doing whatever the fuck he wants.".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

3News David Farrier

David Farrier talks about his first ever interview with Trent Reznor

http://www.3news.co.nz/Hello-interne...7/Default.aspx

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

Oh man, I can so relate to this bit at the end of that article:
    Now I’m going to be honest: I don’t really remember that interview. I don’t remember what happened once we sat down on that dressing room couch. My brain couldn’t really take it. You must understand, this was my first interview and it was with my idol. If there was one person I could choose to interview at that particular time in my life – a dream interview, so to speak – it would have been Trent Reznor.
    I'm not sure how particularly well known this is at this point, but I had an interview with Trent in 1999. And I have nearly no recollection of that interview. There was a bit where he maliciously joked about Steve Gottleib. And I think I asked about the "Perfect Drug" mod for Rebirth that never came out. The rest? Total brain overload. Even on the flight back home, I couldn't recollect much from that conversation.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

Isn't there a mistake somewhere? Josh wasn't with NIN in 2005 in Australia, Jerome Dillon was

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    http://mtvhv.com/y3jrOj

Interview with Maynard James Keenan where he discusses Trent and Atticus' Oscar win, Tapeworm, and giving Trent a really pissed off cat.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    http://mtvhv.com/y3jrOj

Interview with Maynard James Keenan where he discusses Trent and Atticus' Oscar win, Tapeworm, and giving Trent a really pissed off cat.
    Unavailable in the UK and I've used up my tunnelbear allowance, anything interesting to note?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Unavailable in the UK and I've used up my tunnelbear allowance, anything interesting to note?
    Not really. It's odd that pretty much the whole interview was about Trent. He says he was glad to see them win the Oscar, and that the idea behind Tapeworm was essentially what Puscifer turned into. He also said that there's no sense in trying to go back and make that project work again, because everyone involved has moved on. It's nothing we haven't heard before, but it's interesting to hear someone asking Maynard about it rather than Trent.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Hah, even Atticus' brother was asked about it, people can't handle the fact it's dead. Cheers

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Oh man, I can so relate to this bit at the end of that article:

I'm not sure how particularly well known this is at this point, but I had an interview with Trent in 1999. And I have nearly no recollection of that interview. There was a bit where he maliciously joked about Steve Gottleib. And I think I asked about the "Perfect Drug" mod for Rebirth that never came out. The rest? Total brain overload. Even on the flight back home, I couldn't recollect much from that conversation.
    Is the interview around anywhere? There was supposed to be a Perfect Drug mod for Rebirth? What would it have been?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    At the time I was hanging out on the Propellerhead Software forum and one of the devs hinted that there was going to be a mod for Rebirth somehow related to The Perfect Drug. Not sure who would be handling the graphics (this was pre-Rob), but presumably the sounds would have been samples from the various drums used in TPD.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    At the time I was hanging out on the Propellerhead Software forum and one of the devs hinted that there was going to be a mod for Rebirth somehow related to The Perfect Drug. Not sure who would be handling the graphics (this was pre-Rob), but presumably the sounds would have been samples from the various drums used in TPD.
    That would have fucking melted my 13-year-old brain in 1999 from pure joy.

I recorded a whole LP's worth of electronic music using shareware like that in mid-2000 after I'd read about what PC software the production team used on The Fragile (Audiomulch played a big role, for example). My friend even bought a hard copy of the CD from the old mp3.com (which used to resemble a sort of MySpace-meets-proto-Bandcamp). That's the only copy in existence, thankfully; most of it was totally embarrassing to listen to, even at 14 years old.
    Last edited by botley; 02-28-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An article about Sushi Nozawa closing down includes Trent's thought of it closing.

Trent Reznor, of the Nine Inch Nails and longtime Sushi Nozawa regular commented, “Sushi Nozawa is quite simply my very favorite place in the world to eat. Chef Nozawa is truly a great artist and has lifted the spirits of many an evening with the simplicity and perfection of what he serves. I will miss seeing Nozawa-san behind the bar.”
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sushi-...005500431.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jared Piccone (formerly of innerpartysystem) has his own independent project going on called Spacebrother, he's working on a remix album of sorts, which includes a remix of Terrible Lie. You can hear a brief preview here in his album teaser, it covers the first minute or so.

http://soundcloud.com/space-brother/...er-album-remix

definitely looking forward to hearing this! was a huge fan if the latest innerpartysystem EP, too bad they have parted ways.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Old interview with Boyd Rice on Trent and the NIN-logo:

"BB: Have you ever noticed the similarities between the NINE INCH NAILS logo and yours?

NON: Yeah, everybody’s noticed it. I think even the president of my record company actually talked to Trent Reznor and brought that up.

BB: He’s from Cleveland and a lot of people around here don’t like him. I don’t like him because I had his grandpa’s shitty Reznor heaters in my building and they sucked.

NON: I’ve seen those Reznor heaters and I always wondered if there was a connection.

BB: Were they working.

NON: I don’t know, but I know a lot of people who know him and they all basically say he’s an okay guy and that I’d probably like him if I met him.

BB: Let’s move away from Trent and go back to 1980 when you appeared on the "Darker Scratcher" compilation. Your song with Daniel Miller is great. Where did you get the sample of the woman speaking throughout the piece?"

http://www.boydrice.com/interviews/bloodbook.html

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ouch...has this ben discussed ad nauseam over the years here? if so, i aplogize, but does anyone have more info on this? first i'm hearing of it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    "BB: He’s from Cleveland"
    WHAT? No! He's from Mercer, PA! Cleveland was where he formed NIN. Those idiots.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    who the fuck is boyd rice?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    First off, this is an EXCELLENT bit from Invisible Children.

Second, they used 02 Ghosts I as the first track you hear.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=kstB8ti6ufI

there's something about this video i cant quite put my finger on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^Needs more cowbell^^^

2 small sightings-

Reznor pictured with Darya Pino, her blog is cool.

Daylight Savings Time