Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

LP Fapping

Let's contain our speculation/wanking in here, shall we?

That mixing tweet was annoying. Especially since TR kinda hinted he was sitting on the album. Boo, you whore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    via Twatter: destroyangels Y Yes, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.

s, David FinYes, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.cher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong YeYes, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.s, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.
    Last edited by Lisbeth; 11-30-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: probably goes under TGWTDT

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Or, or, let's say that I'm a fucking idiot and didn't look at the forum name.

2012 GET HERE FASTER FOR NEW HTDA.
    Last edited by gorast; 11-30-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: I'm fucking stupid that's why

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Wrong thread sir. HTDA.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The Ferry cover presses the question: will either that song or Immigrant song be released as a promo single? It's pretty rare for a band to record an original song for a film and not have it released even as a radio single.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    HTDA predictions:

Ten tracks
    One instrumental
    Mariqueen sings the most
    Trent Back-up sings on like five
    Lots of meticulous drum and beat focus
    Lots of droney synth bass with sparse piano

Should be BA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The Ferry cover presses the question: will either that song or Immigrant song be released as a promo single? It's pretty rare for a band to record an original song for a film and not have it released even as a radio single.
    I figured "Immigrant Song" would be listed as: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross feat. Karen O. Why would you speculate it being a HTDA single?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I figured "Immigrant Song" would be listed as: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross feat. Karen O. Why would you speculate it being a HTDA single?
    I mean the Ferry cover being HTDA

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Wrong thread brah! 4.4/10, could use more fapping

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    thebugzoo K-Mart(official)
    How to Destroy Angels...My part DONE !.... Lookin fwd to hear how Trent/Atticus scramble/mix my material..
    we should totally have a HTDA spotting thread here

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    we should totally have a HTDA spotting thread here
    My spot - in the film Limitless, The Believers features about 40 minutes in. Was stunned, had no idea prior to it playing!

Not on the official soundtrack by Paul Leonard-Morgan, which is pretty cool. Try Happy Pills. The song, obviously. Would Youtube link it, but it's banned at work....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's un-Trent-like to finish and mix an album, then wait before releasing it. Remember Ghosts and The Slip. Out of the studio right to our harddrives.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by collaborator View Post
    It's un-Trent-like to finish and mix an album, then wait before releasing it. Remember Ghosts and The Slip. Out of the studio right to our harddrives.
    But this isn't a NIN record, it's HTDA. Newer band, smaller fanbase... they need time to get the word out, first.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    But this isn't a NIN record, it's HTDA. Newer band, smaller fanbase... they need time to get the word out, first.
    It does appear they've been mastering as they go, from the fact TR tweeted about mastering whilst Q tweeted about recording. I think, even if it is done now, they'll leave it until TGWTDT is out, so that the LP gets the air it needs

The Bug just tweeted that he's finished all the work he's doing for the LP. So that's another fortnight or so of mixing I guess?
    Last edited by sheepdean; 12-02-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Have you noticed Trent's fanbase? The full-fledged fanboys/girls eat ANYTHING he releases up.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Perhaps they want to reach more than just NIN fanboys/girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It does appear they've been mastering as they go, from the fact TR tweeted about mastering whilst Q tweeted about recording. I think, even if it is done now, they'll leave it until TGWTDT is out, so that the LP gets the air it needs

The Bug just tweeted that he's finished all the work he's doing for the LP. So that's another fortnight or so of mixing I guess?
    It would be impossible to "master as they go" because mastering takes place at the very end once all mixing is complete. TR was talking about mastering the Dragon Tattoo stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From Mariqueen's twitter account posted today "new HTDA is coming. soon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tax Reaper View Post
    Hopefully it's not just in reference to the HTDA cover song that's going to be on the TGWTDT soundtrack.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Perhaps they want to reach more than just NIN fanboys/girls.

It would be impossible to "master as they go" because mastering takes place at the very end once all mixing is complete. TR was talking about mastering the Dragon Tattoo stuff.
    I meant mixing, sorry too many words in my head. And he did tweet about mixing HTDA, so I don't really know. I don't care tbh, as long as it's here soon!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'd hope that she wouldn't make a silly announcement like that (in regards to the GWTDT track). Hopefully it'll be about a song from the new album, kind of like how A Drowning was released what, a month and a half before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'd hope that she wouldn't make a silly announcement like that (in regards to the GWTDT track). Hopefully it'll be about a song from the new album, kind of like how A Drowning was released what, a month and a half before?
    That was a great day in the history of the world.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    Hopefully it's not just in reference to the HTDA cover song that's going to be on the TGWTDT soundtrack.
    I honestly wouldn't mind an iTunes Digital Single for "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" as a surprise a few days before the full album drops digitally (I realize that's in 5 days). Kind of makes sense too, the 2 "songs" from the album released as singles.

I highly doubt she was referring to TGWTDT, though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a little adorable that she wrote "soon." It's like they're turning into one of those cliche married couples who start wearing matching outfits.

I'm super pumped about this album, by the way. I really like the EP as a taster, though I think I was initially underwhelmed. It's still pretty solid when you listen to it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    It's a little adorable that she wrote "soon." It's like they're turning into one of those cliche married couples who start wearing matching outfits.

I'm super pumped about this album, by the way. I really like the EP as a taster, though I think I was initially underwhelmed. It's still pretty solid when you listen to it now.
    Trent has said that the EP was more of an experiment than what HTDA is going to sound like. I'm sure the LP will share qualities with the EP, but I am expecting it to sound quite different as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Last edited by NIN64; 12-16-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    *fap fap fap*

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post

Thanks for sharing this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent: "I can’t wait for that record to come out, actually probably [in the] first quarter of next year."

I remember reading stuff about a projected fall release date in the beginning of the year and thinking, "BUT THAT'S SO FAR AWAY!" So now I'm thinking it "actually probably" better come out in January. I'm just saying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We were influenced by early Cabaret Voltaire – it’s very deconstructed rhythmically and more textural. Mariqueen found her place; we used her in a quite interesting way, I think.
    very interesting!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I'm yearning for an absolutely different sound and approach.
    Thumbs up.