Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, that's disgusting. Which of us were fools enough to believe Q4 2010?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My hype has actually completely died for this album lately. I still check up on it and post here but I'm just losing interest now. Of course, that wont be the case when something actually happens but it's been about 2 months of thinking that I'm gonna come home from work to find movement of some kind and so far absolutely nothing has happened.

I'm not saying they owe us information or anything like that. It's their album, they can do anything they want with it. Just, I've been naively thinking this album was going to be here really soon for the last 2 months but now, I'm beginning to wonder if we're even gonna see it this year.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    It shouldn't really be related, but I wonder if they want to wait for TGWTDT deluxe edition mess to finally be sorted before potentially launching another similar product.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    oh my god people he has two babies

the album was finished like 3 weeks ago

let him fucking breathe

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You realize that nobody here is going *hey Trent zomg wtf why the hell isn't the album out already?????", right? And that no one is actually making even the slightest attempt to contact Trent, or even asking for an update here? We're just a handful of fans talking amongst themselves on a low key message board, discussing our eagerness to hear some new music.

let us fucking chat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It irritates me when people take it upon themselves to police new album threads like that. Also I'm pretty sure we have someone like butter_hole popping in every few pages to make some "voice of reason" comment, like they're Trent's emotional bodyguard. Rude.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    And I'm pretty sure the album release isn't a life-or-death thing for the vast majority of us. All we're doing is speculating, taking into account how Trent has released his last few albums, as well as the statements/hints he and the rest of the HTDA camp have given us regarding the album's state of completion. And we all know he and Mariqueen have two infants to deal with. We get it. Chill out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    jeez.. touchy!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Some of my anxiousness for the album is from knowing Trent doesn't just sit on his material. This album has been completed for three months (not three weeks like butter_hole stated earlier). We all know his most recent material has came out right around the time it has been completed, but even The Fragile was being finished only days/couple weeks before it was released (WITT was giving them fits). I'm just curious as to WTF is going on. There must some kind of crazy marketing strategy that's being planned or they are just waiting until they have a chance to tour to release it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Some of my anxiousness for the album is from knowing Trent doesn't just sit on his material. This album has been completed for three months (not three weeks like butter_hole stated earlier). We all know his most recent material has came out right around the time it has been completed, but even The Fragile was being finished only days/couple weeks before it was released (WITT was giving them fits). I'm just curious as to WTF is going on. There must some kind of crazy marketing strategy that's being planned or they are just waiting until they have a chance to tour to release it.
    Three months...? How would you determine that?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Three months...? How would you determine that?
    http://twitter.com/#!/trent_reznor/s...39919200489472
    http://twitter.com/#!/destroyangels/...79400961126401

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    There must some kind of crazy marketing strategy that's being planned or they are just waiting until they have a chance to tour to release it.
    Well, if the Twitter post linked above is accurate, it only means that the mix was about to be finished - that doesn't say anything about mastering, which is a whole other beast. The test drive tweet? Maybe just one edit given off to the guys, and they wanted to keep tweaking the master.

Or maybe the artwork/packaging hasn't been nailed down yet. I don't know for sure, but I think the "surprise!" releases (Ghosts, Slip) already had that stuff pretty much lined up before the albums were announced. So even if the audio is 100% ready to go, maybe they're just waiting to have the whole thing wrapped up so they can offer it with a more definitive availability date.

Or maybe Atticus has turned out to be a Saudi intelligence op and has slipped off to Yemen with every known recording.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wow, those tweets were seriously in February? It feels like they happened like a month ago.

Anyway, I'm still excited for the album, in a more subdued way than before. It would sure suck to get burned out on an album before I've heard anything from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Or maybe Atticus has turned out to be a Saudi intelligence op and has slipped off to Yemen with every known recording.
    lol. I needed that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I partially stole this idea from psss on the nin.com board, but what if Trent ditched the cd/flash drive on the side of the road somewhere off mulhulond drive for us to find (or as psss said, maybe it failed the test drive)? I know it's a crazy idea, but who the hell knows?
    Last edited by somewhat_; 05-11-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I partially stole this idea from psss on the nin.com board, but what if Trent ditched the cd/flash drive on the side of the road somewhere off mulhulond drive for us to find (or as psss said, maybe it failed the test drive)? I know it's a crazy idea, but who the hell knows?

Smoke more weed, Somewhat. Seriously. Smoke more weed.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    To be fair, he did release the first track from Year Zero by putting it on a USB stick and leaving it in the shitter at a concert. I don't think you have to be high to give a tiny bit of merit to the idea of him leaving an album lying around.

That said, though, I would put my money on that not being the case here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's an awesome, but not likely, idea. I would love for him to get back to his sneaky YZ days, it was so fun and engaging for the fans.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    To be fair, he did release the first track from Year Zero by putting it on a USB stick and leaving it in the shitter at a concert.
    I was at that gig. No chance of finding the USB though, that's what I get for going to the gig after work and having a meal and drink beforehand. To be on topic, where is this album then?

Sheepdean, how can you simultaneously like and facepalm a post?

Touché
    vvvv
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-12-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So even if the audio is 100% ready to go, maybe they're just waiting to have the whole thing wrapped up so they can offer it with a definitive availability date.
    I hope this is the case. I wonder what type of packages will be offered. I have a feeling I'll be preordering some type of limited edition release containing autographs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going back to the YZ thing, what if there's already an ARG for the new album and we just haven't found it yet?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Or maybe the artwork/packaging hasn't been nailed down yet. So even if the audio is 100% ready to go, maybe they're just waiting to have the whole thing wrapped up so they can offer it with a more definitive availability date.
    Considering how anti-climactic and delayed the deluxe version of the GDT score was (still haven't received mine), I would also guess that this is the case. Getting the artwork finalized is one thing, but again, after the GDT crap, Trent & Co. are probably being extra picky about their manufacturer.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Considering how anti-climactic and delayed the deluxe version of the GDT score was (still haven't received mine), I would also guess that this is the case. Getting the artwork finalized is one thing, but again, after the GDT crap, Trent & Co. are probably being extra picky about their manufacturer.
    Possibly, in the case of the limited edition version, going into production before we can buy it, so when we do (and we will) we won't have this problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a good feeling that we will get some kind of info on the album this upcoming week. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    I have a good feeling that we will get some kind of info on the album this upcoming week. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking.
    At this point I'm expecting the info will be that HTDA broke up, and the album is canceled...

Edit: Drunk...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Maybe he wants us to find it in his car's CD player. I think he was dropping a major hint as to where it is. IN HIS CAR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You should organize a ditch cleanup along mulholland and have everyone wear NIN t shirts.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    You mean HTDA t shirts...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by findus View Post
    in his car.
    gary numan has the album! Solved it you guys!

edit: that was supposed to be in all caps. phooey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^ I know, I love doing all caps, this is one of the sad things about new ETS.

Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    At this point I'm expecting the info will be that HTDA broke up, and the album is canceled...

Edit: Drunk...
    Is this the depressed fanboy equivalent of drunk texting? I feel you, man. A couple beers in me and it wouldn't be unreasonable to find me staring unblinkingly at the HTDA tumblr, one fat tear running silently down my face.