Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In NIN spotting WorzelG linked to an article where trent is fapping over a new console, then I found this page - looking at the pictures, could it be the album cover?

Photos:
    http://www.solid-state-logic.com/new...lder_large.jpg
    http://www.solid-state-logic.com/new...udio_large.jpg
    Last edited by danebraddy; 04-25-2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: speeling

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Excellent find!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Looks like more Weaver artwork - could be leftovers from the original EP? The skeleton, muscles man etc.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    OMG Lateralus part two!!!!111
    ---
    \/ my copy is still sealed :P
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 04-25-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Er, the skeleton dude WAS on the original EP - did no one else buy the vinyl?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Really? Shit, my bad - sorry for the false alarm - it was an image I hadn't seen before.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Got it with some additions
    Last edited by witte; 04-25-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Got it with some additions
    gimme, gimme!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    In NIN spotting WorzelG linked to an article where trent is fapping over a new console, then I found this page - looking at the pictures, could it be the album cover?

Photos:
    http://www.solid-state-logic.com/new...lder_large.jpg
    http://www.solid-state-logic.com/new...udio_large.jpg
    1) All links are dead. Anyone save the article? I'd actually like to read it.

2) Edited for speeling?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Links work fine for me, clear your cache and/or try a different browser?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    did no else bought the CD version either?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    1) All links are dead. Anyone save the article? I'd actually like to read it.

2) Edited for speeling?
    LOS ANGELES – Academy and Grammy Award winning composer, musician and producer Trent Reznor, founder of the group Nine Inch Nails (NIN), has upgraded his private studio with a Solid State Logic Duality SE console. Reznor chose the Duality on advice from producer/engineer Alan Moulder while they were mixing the soundtrack for the film The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. They used the Duality to complete mixing the tracks that Trent composed with Atticus Ross, as well as the soundtrack’s two cover songs – Led Zeppelin’s ‘Immigrant Song,’ featuring Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Bryan Ferry’s ‘Is Your Love Strong Enough?’ by Reznor and Ross’ side-project How to Destroy Angels.
    This was the second soundtrack that Reznor and Ross have worked on together, the previous being the Oscar-winning The Social Network.
    “We began the mix for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on an SSL AWS 900, the console we used to mix our music for The Social Network,” says Reznor. “As we started the mix process, I was feeling that I wanted to move to a large format console. While the AWS 900 is a spectacular analogue console – and it made a massive difference to our sound when we switched from using a dedicated ICON controller – the channel count became limiting for the Dragon project. I discussed it with Alan, who has been my friend and engineering wizard since recording NIN’s The Downward Spiral in 1994, and we decided to take a chance on Duality mid-way through the project. The installation went smoothly and the console worked flawlessly from start to finish.”
    “Duality is like an AWS on steroids,” adds Moulder. “It has a similar layout, so it was great to take the studio to the next level and not have to re-learn a whole new console. I really love working with the EQs – the ones we all know and love – and having dynamics available on each channel is great. I really like how easy it is to do recalls. We would work on a track, park it and go on to another one if we felt we were getting bogged down creatively. Because you can use two or three people to do a recall on Duality, the reset process was really quick. Duality is perfect for the way we like to work and the sound quality is really impressive.”
    Reznor is no stranger to SSL – the original Nothing Studios in New Orleans, which he opened in 1994, featured a 4000 G+ console. This is where he recorded albums like The Downward Spiral and The Fragile. When he moved to LA in 2005, he built a home-based studio around a DAW and controller, later replacing the controller with an AWS and then the Duality.
    “Right now we are completing mixes for the new How To Destroy Angels album on Duality,” explains Reznor. “We’re in a world where technology is our friend and all the keyboards, instruments, outboard gear, plug-ins and the like are just toys to be employed and deployed as best you can. But having what the Duality has provided for us in a very elegant way has certainly embellished and eased the creative process. I am looking to build a dedicated studio facility in the near future and Duality will be the centerpiece for that facility.”

http://www.solid-state-logic.com/new...asp?ID=436&T=M
    Last edited by simonn; 04-25-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Imma so excited. Hurry up n release it​guyz ahhhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    2) Edited for speeling?
    failed attempt at humor

I got the digital download and threw it on my iPod, starting to realize why it may be important to get the physical copies

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    It wasn't a fail - I laughed when I read it. I just hoped it was intentional.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At last, the launch of TGWTDT LE is here. Now I hope we can finally hear some news about this damned album. I'm not gonna be too optimistic and I'm gonna hazard a guess that we'll finally see it sometime in late May. I am wondering though, with the waiting we're currently going through, if that is actually being optimistic

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Next Friday, A Drowning is 2 years old. A good date for the release?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Next Friday, A Drowning is 2 years old. A good date for the release?
    I was just about to post something about this. I was watching The Space in Between video just now and noticed that the date it was uploaded was May 14, 2010. Maybe they are trying to put it out around the same time this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, has that much time passed already? I remember being so excited about those little video clips and laughing at the promo pics with Trent facing away from the camera way in the back of the shot (because you know what he's really saying is "LOOK AT MEEEEEE"). Ahh, good times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Wow, has that much time passed already? I remember being so excited about those little video clips and laughing at the promo pics with Trent facing away from the camera way in the back of the shot (because you know what he's really saying is "LOOK AT MEEEEEE"). Ahh, good times.
    Thats what I was thinking. It seems maybe a year tops that I downloaded that LP. Time has been passing far too quickly for my liking these last few years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And the EP still holds up quite well I think.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I love it, it's great to hear new things (new music directions) from Trent, his wife and Atticus, and still you hear that familiar sound. Thankful to be part of this. Luxury!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    I love it, it's great to hear new things (new music directions) from Trent, his wife and Atticus, and still you hear that familiar sound. Thankful to be part of this. Luxury!
    You may be in for a letdown, then. Trent has said numerous times that the sonic line between the EP and NIN was way too blurry, and the LP would be something that bore little to no resemblance to Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    We'll see.
    I have a feeling it'll be something complete different where people need to get used to.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe it is being delayed because the Marilyn Manson stuff is being released and people might see it as some direct competition thing if they're released at the same time?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Maybe it is being delayed because the Marilyn Manson stuff is being released and people might see it as some direct competition thing if they're released at the same time?
    I really need to get me that facepalm button. . .

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That would be a no then?

vvvv
    I don't get why it is SO unreasonable to surmise that, since they can release it whenever, they might choose not to release it at the same time as a MM thing in case the press pick up on some combatitive, 'feud' related head-head element. I'm not saying that I consider it that way
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-01-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I really need to get me that facepalm button. . .
    I did it for you. Consider that shit face palmed.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    isn't that the point of this board? To talk about things, share ideas. Clearly NONE of us know what the delay is, we're all putting in thoughts that might be delaying it. He didn't say he believes his own theory, but it IS a theory. Chill out folks.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    from Q's twitter:
    VWLS R MPRTNT
    I was ready to go all "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA MORE HINTS" until I realized it just says "vowels are important"