Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I met Naomi Grossman and Erika Ervin on Sunday and they were SOOOOOO lovely.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was really looking forward to the last two seasons, Coven and Freak Show, The first episodes are always great. Then it totally looses track. Brings in too many plots, jumps from story to story, then its all over the place. It all just becomes ridiculous. Hard to engage with. This sounds like a major diss but it reminds me of what happened to Heroes. ( this is nowhere near as bad as that though).
    I still like the First Season the best, the first two Seasons just flowed better.
    They got so much good talent...hope they can sort it out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In the ongoing 'will she or won't she' thing with Jessica Lange, now AHS says she wants to come back, and probably will at least as a cameo.

I do like the idea of her returning as the Season 1 character since Hotel takes place in L.A. only a few years after that first story.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First full trailer!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trailer looks good. Didn't really understand why they chose that kind of music. I get it. Lady Gaga is in it but this is not American Pop Story.
    This is suppose to be some scary shit. You can't do things half assed with horror. I wanted to hear some Suspiria theme-like song.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not bad, least favorite intro they've done of every season so far.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    pulled pork fries, and ten commandments? i'm in.

i'm slightly hoping for chateau marmont nods. i think this series as a whole is happening exactly as it should. gaga is actually a great hollywood / LA reference point.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Calling Jessica's cameo to be Elsa Mars staying at the hotel.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    omg someone besides me please start the convo. i can't even.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    omg someone besides me please start the convo. i can't even.
    This season seems fucked and a lot more bold in pushing boundaries. I'm intrigued to see where this will go.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I thought the first half of the premiere was all over the place, but the second half was really good. Gaga wasn't as bad as I thought she would be, and her introductory scene was a hoot.

I really don't care about Wes Bentley's character, being honest. And I did miss Jessica a little.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They're trying too hard.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    They're trying too hard.
    I'd be implied to agree BUT I see parallels in what they're doing to other works of horror fiction, real life displays of horror and melding them together in one tornado of depravity. The Countess (GaGa) is obviously a nod to Elizabeth Bathory and vampirism with sexual desires. The police angle is the realistic horror of child abduction/crime/murder. The Paulson character (unsure of her name) is a ghost in the Hotel so there's your ghost for the story.

The only thing I find bizarre and somewhat out of place is Denis O'Hare's Elizabeth Taylor drag character. What's the point? He works there posing as her, big deal. What's the overall direction for it? I see none in sight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure Liz is a ghost as well - 2015 and 1994 incarnations were identical.

I don't know where this season is heading at all. There's not much of a plotline going on. Yeah, there's the serial killer angle but Spoiler: that's blatantly either going to be Evan Peters' character's ghost or Chloe Sevigny and "here's Lady Gaga! Isn't she kooky?!".

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I really liked this episode. Definitely have my hopes up again. It's definitely more bold in some ways. Gaga was fine. Let's see where they go from here.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    never watched a single episode of the show before (would always walk in the room while my wife was watching it, see something horrible, and promptly walk out of the room) but i decided to give this season a shot. we watched most of the first episode on friday with a few drinks, which was great for me because i felt less freaked out, but her worrying about me getting freaked out sobered her up, so i finished it by myself this morning.

i thought it was pretty cool, thought i don't have the history of the show to contend with in my judgement of it. but mostly i just think matt bomer is super hot, and i feel really bad for schmidt from new girl.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^asylum is by far the best, especially if you're not too much into gore. this show is psychologically disturbing, and that's why i love it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i thought it was pretty cool, thought i don't have the history of the show to contend with in my judgement of it.
    Doesn't matter. Nothing before means anything to this season. They're all standalone.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Doesn't matter. Nothing before means anything to this season. They're all standalone.
    i mean in terms of tone / mood / storytelling

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i think it looks pretty damn promising.
    I agree with @ldopa about Asylum being the best season.
    I liked Coven, but it wasn't exactly a "horror story" in my opinion.
    And last season-well, after the first few episodes, i was just watching it on principle.
    @Nyx says that they're trying to hard, and maybe they are. But what i'm hoping is that they are just TRYING (and not in a bad way) to give the audience what it wants. Maybe they have listened to criticism and are changing the style accordingly.

But this definitely has potential.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Evan's character is brilliant.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^^ Probably one of, if not the character that I'm most interested in, in terms of plot, storyline, etc. The one plotline that could easily go is this Twilight-esque Lady Gaga vampire one...snoozefest. As slave said above, 'oooh, she's so edgy'. Give me more of Chloe and Liz and the others...diggin' Kathy Bates' character as well...she'll have a big part at a crucial moment, I feel it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I avoided every teaser, trailer, spoiler, article so when I heard Lady Gaga was going to be in it, I assumed she would just have a small cameo-like role. I'm pleasantly surprised by her.
    I still think this season is all show and no substance so far, but unless it becomes a mess like Coven or Asylum story-wise, I'll probably keep watching.

Also, I loooovedd the anti-vaxx jab
    Last edited by Nyx; 10-16-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Loving this so far, and this is coming from someone who thought Asylum sucked.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    evan peters' character is so much fun. my wife and i were cracking up at him.

"i guess i'll just have to kill god."

i'm so glad i finally decided to watch this show.