Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
I just bought it from Barnes & Noble for 60% off with lots of sales and coupon vouchers. I'll read it sometime soon. It's thick.

Some more meandering,

As a "noob" I've wanted and have been intrigued by his books for a long time but never much actually attempted to read them. I enjoy to read but a lot of his books as fat as fuck and those take me forever and I'm poor at keeping up, even if a book is THAT good. I have always enjoyed his film adaptations as well as his original works for the screen such as Creepshow. After seeing IT I said fuck it and decided to delve into his bibliography. I've been snatching up his books left and right every week during lunch hour from B&N. 8.99 a book isn't bad. I'm getting quite a big catalog and am starting to thrust forward with actually reading what I'm buying. I have bought a lot of books the past 2 months...

• The Dark Tower Series (Currently own I-V)
  • Dreamcatcher
  • The Tommyknockers
  • The Shining
  • Doctor Sleep
  • Under the Dome
  • IT
  • Cujo
  • Four Past Midnight
  • Skeleton Crew
  • Different Seasons
  • The Bizarre of Bad Dreams
  • 11/22/63
  • Sleeping Beauties
  • Pet Semetary
  • The Green Mile (currently starting to read this one!)
If you haven't already started the Dark Tower, try to read as many of his other books first--especially IT and The Stand--because of how many references there are to past works. It's not necessary, but there'll be a lot of subtle comments/nods that will make The Dark Tower that much more satisfying and enjoyable having the history of his worlds in the back of your mind.