Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Sunspots and Soft Cell?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Question Sunspots and Soft Cell?

Sunspots always reminds me of Soft Cell. To me, it seems fairly influenced by some Soft Cell. I haven't seen anyone else mention this though. Am I crazy? Do any of you see it?

For instance: The falsetto has some obvious similarities. There is also the electric egg beater sound going on that sounds quite similar to Soft Cell's "Sex Dwarf"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Begining of the End reminds me of Metal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    The Begining of the End reminds me of Metal
    Wow, really? Metal is one of my favorite songs and I don't hear it at all. The Beginning of the End does remind of My Sharona though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged View Post
    Wow, really? Metal is one of my favorite songs and I don't hear it at all. The Beginning of the End does remind of My Sharona though.
    it's just that drumbeat. a lot of songs have used it, and it's a pretty driving force in all of them, so they're all bound to sound at least a little similar.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's just that drumbeat. a lot of songs have used it, and it's a pretty driving force in all of them, so they're all bound to sound at least a little similar.
    In fairness, its not just the beat, its the drum sound he went with too. I think its gotta be a pretty intentional homage.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    In fairness, its not just the beat, its the drum sound he went with too. I think its gotta be a pretty intentional homage.
    yeah, that's true. and i'm not complaining. trent certainly has a knack for paying homage in interesting ways. (get it?)