Page 172 of 215 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Here goes a random NIN question,....Is the live audio from the AATCB CD the same source as the DVD? Or are they 2 sep recordings? I know the dvd is spliced from dif shows...but I was wondering about doing an audio rip of the dvd but if its the same fucking audio as the live CD, then there is no point
    Some are the same, some songs are exclusive to the DVD.
    Rip the DVD audio. Also there's menu music also exclusive to the DVD.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Here goes a random NIN question,....Is the live audio from the AATCB CD the same source as the DVD? Or are they 2 sep recordings? I know the dvd is spliced from dif shows...but I was wondering about doing an audio rip of the dvd but if its the same fucking audio as the live CD, then there is no point
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Some are the same, some songs are exclusive to the DVD.
    Rip the DVD audio. Also there's menu music also exclusive to the DVD.
    and also if you rip the audio from the DVD you'll be able to stand listening to it because it won't have that improperly dithered sound that makes the CD nearly unlistenable to me. blugh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    Danny made guest appearances? when?
    did not hear about this.
    http://www.nin.wiki/2009/09/08_Los_Angeles,_CA

Says he did here

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    For the sheer absurdity of this, I would pay for tickets
    Probably I would, too... yes... but not many would. It would be the ultimate in Troll the NIN Facebook Groups memes, I suppose.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Probably I would, too... yes... but not many would. It would be the ultimate in Troll the NIN Facebook Groups memes, I suppose.
    Trent's shown his prowess with the tambourine. I'd like to see him prove his mettle with the washboard.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Checking out that "Fairweather Johnson" album @RhettButler supposed nin could play and i have a question: do you really trust Trent's vocal abilities these days to pull that off?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Checking out that "Fairweather Johnson" album @RhettButler supposed nin could play and i have a question: do you really trust Trent's vocal abilities these days to pull that off?
    It was meant as a joke. Fairweather Johnson is an extremely bland, forgettable album, but yeah, I guess Trent would he able to sing it. I'm sorry that my actions on this board actually resulted in someone listening to that album.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-20-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'm sorry that my actions on this board actually resulted in someone listening to that album.
    this is 100% the funniest thing you've ever said on here, dude. oh my god i am cracking up right now. hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

Say Nine Inch Nails were on tour and you had free, front row tickets....the only catch is they will only be playing Hootie and the Blowfish's second album, Fairweather Johnson, in its entirety, front-to-back. Would you attend the show?
    I wouldn't go for free if NIN was playing Hesitation Marks in its entirety, front to back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

Say Nine Inch Nails were on tour and you had free, front row tickets....the only catch is they will only be playing Hootie and the Blowfish's second album, Fairweather Johnson, in its entirety, front-to-back. Would you attend the show?
    Let's be honest. If Trent Reznor was playing a night of B-sides from Whitey Morgan and the 78ers on the flute, most of us would be there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What else did Eugene Goreshter from Autolux provide on HM besides the bass work on In Two?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    What else did Eugene Goreshter from Autolux provide on HM besides the bass work on In Two?
    "I Would For You" - additional electronics, violin
    "Disappointed" - additional electronics, strings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone else wondered whether the first "Version" of Starfuckers, Inc. (the Sherwood one) samples Cerrone's "Rocket in the Pocket (Live)"?

It's a very commonly sampled/scratched song, particularly the stabs that go along with the word "pocket" at around the 30-second mark:

I was just listening to the Starfuckers remix and suddenly recognized the Cerrone song as where the main snare sound comes from (particularly audible around the 3:10 mark).

Nine Inch Nails technically has sampled the song before, albeit through a middleman (Sweet Tee's "Let the Jingle Bells Rock" in "Kinda I Want To"). The sample in Starfuckers though would be more similar to Linkin Park's sample in their "In The End" remix.

Does anyone else hear it?

(Relatedly, I feel like there should be a catch-all sample-finding thread, assuming there isn't one already...)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    Danny made guest appearances? when?
    did not hear about this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Someone on Reddit said that Kraw is no longer working with NIN and left after Add Violence was completed. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, who is handling artwork for NIN now?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Someone on Reddit said that Kraw is no longer working with NIN and left after Add Violence was completed. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, who is handling artwork for NIN now?
    Ask him on insta/twitter maybe he will respond

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I honestly don't see why they need one person to be an 'art director'. I'm happy with them using a variety of artists to keep things interesting

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I honestly don't see why they need one person to be an 'art director'. I'm happy with them using a variety of artists to keep things interesting
    I agree, it's TR that drives the aesthetic. My main thought was that if Kraw is no longer working as with NIN, then it could explain the delay in the Definitive Editions of With Teeth, Year Zero and The Slip. Kraw was the one handling the initial round of those, and was credited in press about it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How much direction does the reissue art really need, though? Aside from the bonus booklets, the packaging is supposed to perfectly replicate the original sleeves and packaging.

I guess someone does need to oversee that to ensure it actually does, though. I just feel like that shouldn't be a sticking point for a delay that's been over a year (assuming they were on track to be put up for sale last summer).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    How much direction does the reissue art really need, though? Aside from the bonus booklets, the packaging is supposed to perfectly replicate the original sleeves and packaging.

I guess someone does need to oversee that to ensure it actually does, though. I just feel like that shouldn't be a sticking point for a delay that's been over a year (assuming they were on track to be put up for sale last summer).
    Just gonna throw it out there - I can do basic layout and design. If that's all Trent needs for a reissue, hire me now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the interview where Trent says the band was named Nine Inch Nails because he liked the abbreviation, and it has no deeper or symbolic meaning?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Does anyone have the interview where Trent says the band was named Nine Inch Nails because he liked the abbreviation, and it has no deeper or symbolic meaning?
    http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...s/axc94a.shtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a few questions.

1. I remember reading a article a few years ago about a planned music video for Terrible Lie. Why was the video scrapped if anyone know and what would have been the concept of it?

2. Was there any plans for a video for Last?

3. Is there any unreleased material or demos floating around anywhere from the Broken era?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...s/axc94a.shtml
    Thanks!

Does anyone have an interview/article where Trent talks about the other early names for the band, such as "Crown of Thorns"?

"Crown of Thorns" is mentioned in this article, but it's not an interview: http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/clev...-trent-reznor/

Does anyone have "The New Alternatives" magazine featuring NIN?
    According to this, it has an interview with Trent mentioning "Crown of Thorns": https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...znor-132159974

Edit: Found it myself.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170316...le.php?id=6183
    Apparently there's a problem with theninhotline's database, so the link is dead and google forgot it.

hj: how about if we start this! start me with the origin of the act's name, because weren't the original demo tapes under the crown of thorns?

tr: yeah, that was one of the original ideas, but i didn't feel 100% great about it, but we needed something at the time to send the tapes out with so we used that. but it was quickly pointed out that somebody else was named that. nobody major label, but the here today gone tomorrow thing. which was just as well, because i didn't feel great about it. nine inch nails just popped into my head one day...
    Does anyone have an interview where Trent explains that the names "Crown of Thorns" and "Nine Inch Nails" have absolutely no connection, and how it's also just a coincidence that Ringfinger contains the lines: "Well you just leave me nailed here / Hanging like Jesus on this cross"?
    Last edited by Shit Mirror; 05-19-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post

2. Was there any plans for a video for Last?

3. Is there any unreleased material or demos floating around anywhere from the Broken era?
    2. Probably not, considering it wasn't even used in the Broken Movie.

3. I found an upload on YouTube claiming to be one, but I question the legitimacy of it

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    1. I remember reading a article a few years ago about a planned music video for Terrible Lie. Why was the video scrapped if anyone know and what would have been the concept of it?
    Never heard that before. Interesting. Do you have any recollection of where you read it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Never heard that before. Interesting. Do you have any recollection of where you read it?
    I'll have to look it up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

Yeah, someone needs to oversee the art direction on these, even if it's just creating an extra booklet and overseeing the recreation of the artwork. I'm just speculating that Kraw not being involved might be a reason for the delay. He did say that he wasn't working with NIN on this project, so that leaves open the possibility that he is still working on these reissues. But the delays could be entirely unrelated. Rob handled all the artwork for these, and wasn't involved in the previous albums that have been reissued, so there's that element. It doesn't appear that he left on bad terms, I'm sure he would have turned over all files to NIN's management so that someone else could take over.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    LONG SHOT for anyone who knows anything about the 2 Congress Theater shows in Chicago, 5/6 & 5/7 of 2005, or that whole tour leg...

Anyone remember or know if Trent just wore this shirt on the first night or both nights

OR

if he actually wore it on other dates during that tour leg?
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-17-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    LONG SHOT for anyone who knows anything about the 2 Congress Theater shows in Chicago, 5/6 & 5/7 of 2005, or that whole tour leg...

Anyone remember or know if Trent just wore this shirt on the first night or both nights

OR

if he actually wore it on other dates during that tour leg?
    i was at one of those two shows, but i have no recollection. i do remember trying to go into the pit and immediately getting my knee kicked in so hard i could barely stand, and sitting in the back for the remainder of the show :/