Page 169 of 170 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 5100

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    While this isn't immediately helpful to you in the moment, there's track length data in the nincatalog somewhere, but IIRC (and I might not be RC), when @bgalbraith moved things over to a new codebase, that broke the album/track relationship, or something to that effect.
    That's correct. I got hung up trying to find the right abstraction to avoid duplicate track entries instead of just putting them back up, and then never finished it. Can try to get them restored soonish.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Nope, not mislabelled. That's how it was provided on the Piggy promo. There just doesn't seem to be any distinction between it and the album version.
    That's what I mean. The promo is mislabelled. Or someone put the wrong version on it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    That's what I mean. The promo is mislabelled. Or someone put the wrong version on it.
    Well, I don't think it was a mistake. Hurt (Radio Edit), on the same promo, is genuinely an edit, unique to that promo. It is also not censored. So, I think the choices, for whatever reason, were deliberate.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Since it was common to both, I figured it wasn't worth mentioning.
    Yes, but still a detail that is unique to the TDTWWA version in general. The only reason I thought it should maybe be there is because when Botley originally pointed it out, people were kind of stoked to learn that little tidbit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Is there anyone that thinks With Teeth wouldn't be a better album if it had ended with Right Where It Belongs v2? It's simply the better version of the song, right?
    I think V2 is gorgeous, but it feels much too subdued coming after Beside You in Time. I think the album version is sufficiently loud enough to cover that transition better, while having the same emotional core that V2 has. Plus, I really love that transition halfway through the song where it sounds like a filter is lifted off the entire song. And I think that having "full" instrumentation makes the end of the song hit harder, where everything drops and it's just the quiet melody at the end.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Yes, but still a detail that is unique to the TDTWWA version in general. The only reason I thought it should maybe be there is because when Botley originally pointed it out, people were kind of stoked to learn that little tidbit.
    That's weird and a little amusing to me, because I noticed that the first time I listened to the track back in 1999! It's not exactly subtle.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Is it confirmed Trent recorded dif vocals for Head Like a Hole (Opal) it def doesnt sound like a standard remix..You can almost swear its a dif vocal take...just the fact TR sings "god of money" instead of "god money" almost seals it

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    That's weird and a little amusing to me, because I noticed that the first time I listened to the track back in 1999! It's not exactly subtle.
    Perhaps those folks hadn't really heard the version from the TDTWWA single before. It's been ages since I've heard that version and I had forgotten about that audience part, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Is it confirmed Trent recorded dif vocals for Head Like a Hole (Opal) it def doesnt sound like a standard remix..You can almost swear its a dif vocal take...just the fact TR sings "god of money" instead of "god money" almost seals it
    Yes, it's totally a different take, a la "Closer To God". Makes both remixes even more awesome.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Perhaps those folks hadn't really heard the version from the TDTWWA single before. It's been ages since I've heard that version and I had forgotten about that audience part, LOL.

Yes, it's totally a different take, a la "Closer To God". Makes both remixes even more awesome.
    I think Art of Self Destruction part 1 is a totally different take as well....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi, apologies if this has been recently asked and answered

Where is the best location to see the NIN logo evolution over time? From slight variations (With Teeth) to using only parts of the logo (AV), for example.
    Is there a website that has all variations of the logo side by side or easily viewed in succession?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have several questions about some obscure NIN song versions:

Can anyone confirm that The Hand That Feeds (Dub Instrumental) is the same thing as Dub Mix?

Does anyone have a track timing for Sin (Radio Edit)?

Confirm someone confirm that The Great Destroyer (Modwheelmood Remix) is 4:39 on the yearzeroremixed vinyl, as opposed to 4:19 on the CD?

Does anyone have The Perfect Drug (Aphrodite) as posted on remix.nin.com? IIRC it was the wrong length (played at wrong speed)? Can anyone confirm? The correct track length is 6:10.

Does Starfuckers, Inc. on the TDTWWA cassette really have a different ending?

https://archive.org/details/remix-nin-com-audio-00060 all of remix.nin.com made it onto archive.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone here have a remix from around 2009 (that's the last time I remember listening to it - on a USB stick style MP3 player) that was pretty much just the vocals of The Great Below - it may have had a little bit of light instrumentation forward the end of it. It was either titled "quiet" or "vocal mix", something along those lines but I'm having trouble finding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What ever happened to Rob Sheridan?
    Seemed to have missed that if anything.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W Jefford View Post
    What ever happened to Rob Sheridan?
    Seemed to have missed that if anything.
    He left NIN camp sometime after 2013/14 tour and is doing his own projects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there an archive of nin.com anywhere? I was randomly thinking of posts from like 2005 and I have to believe that someone has everything from there on a hard drive somewhere.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    Is there an archive of nin.com anywhere? I was randomly thinking of posts from like 2005 and I have to believe that someone has everything from there on a hard drive somewhere.
    http://portraitofdecay.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    All this war about which version of what sounds better blablabla makes me wonder:
    Do you know how many (re)masters there are for a given release ?

For example for Pretty Hate Machine, I know there is the original (CD) version, the 2010 remaster, but is there other ? For example, is the SHM version different ? Are the versions pressed on vinyl different ?
    Same question for TDS, The Fragile etc...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Kennedy asks Trent about Flood only being involved on half of the making of TDS. This is the first that I've ever heard about this. Anyone know anything?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Kennedy asks Trent about Flood only being involved on half of the making of TDS.
    No, he's talking about Broken. As per the credits, Flood only produced on 3 tracks. See also the Press Sheet.

According to my Making Of book, Flood had to work on a new Depeche Mode album, so he could only commit to 3 songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    NINE INCH NAILS WILL PERFORM AT THE DAY FOR NIGHT FESTIVAL IN HOUSTON

Changed:
    - on 12/16
    ... into:
    + on 12/16-12/17

Does it mean 2 shows? Hmm...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No, he's talking about Broken. As per the credits, Flood only produced on 3 tracks. See also the Press Sheet.

According to my Making Of book, Flood had to work on a new Depeche Mode album, so he could only commit to 3 songs.
    true say. thanks.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Trent's version of Bowie's 'I Can't Give Everything Away' is just excellent. I have been living under a rock for the last few months and saw this was up on soundcloud and was available for download. Anyone have the proper download of this?

https://soundcloud.com/thisisthenumb...y-farewell-mix

I assume this was Trent releasing this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So there are quite a few NIN songs where some of the lyrics listed aren’t in the song itself, i.e. “She’s Gone Away.” Are these the first drafts of the song and those lyrics just didn’t make the cut? For the aforementioned song I guess the inclusion of the “Reptile” lyrics feels more like an Easter Egg.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Trent's version of Bowie's 'I Can't Give Everything Away' is just excellent. I have been living under a rock for the last few months and saw this was up on soundcloud and was available for download. Anyone have the proper download of this?

https://soundcloud.com/thisisthenumb...y-farewell-mix

I assume this was Trent releasing this?
    Didn't know about it until you linked it. Thank you!

Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Didn't know about it until you linked it. Thank you!
    they've been playing it live with trent doing the main vocals and bowie's coming in on the second verse so it turns into a duet. it's heartbreaking and gorgeous.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they've been playing it live with trent doing the main vocals and bowie's coming in on the second verse so it turns into a duet. it's heartbreaking and gorgeous.
    Ah, yes, I knew they were covering it on tour, but I've always tried not to listen to anything live that I haven't personally seen. I still haven't seen or heard the live version of "All the Love in the World" because I'm clinging to the hope I'll get to see and hear it in person first some day. But cool to know it's not a straight up cover. Thanks!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Right, but I think a lot of people missed out on this via soundcloud. I had no idea it was actually released until a few days ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Right, but I think a lot of people missed out on this via soundcloud. I had no idea it was actually released until a few days ago.
    We talked about it in the Download section after the first show of the new tour. Also somebody spotted it when it was released in January, already guessing that was TR+AR.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The Aphrodite remix
    I only came across this fairly recently: https://soundcloud.com/dj-aphrodite/9-nails-remixlim / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPvHlGQsdCw

He talks about the differences in speed in the notes. Inevitably it's not available for download, but still...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wow! It's wild how we're just now discovering Aphrodite's TPD remix was altered for the promo vinyl. I wonder if this is the reason why it wasn't released on the commercial single?