Page 171 of 215 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    When the fuck do we get to hear what TR and Ian Astbury were up to... in Two-thousand-fucking-4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Astbury
    I finished working on some material with Trent Reznor. That is probably going to see the light of day in 2008 [botley: LOL] considering what a perfectionist Trent Reznor is [...]Trent is monolithic. The sessions are the super predator. It is big, it is sensitive and still has an intimate sound. Something to compete with all the young modernists.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm sure this question has been answered, but...who is the girl who comes up and talks to Trent in the middle of the March Of The Pigs video? That's such an odd detail for a video that's pretty straightforward.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm sure this question has been answered, but...who is the girl who comes up and talks to Trent in the middle of the March Of The Pigs video? That's such an odd detail for a video that's pretty straightforward.
    she talks to him? i always assumed she was re-applying some makeup given the positioning.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Might this be something that Trent might play at? The timing & cur(e)ator certainly seem to work!

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...festival-2018/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    she talks to him? i always assumed she was re-applying some makeup given the positioning.
    I can't say for sure, but it looks like her face is right up near his. Either way, it's always seemed odd to me, although certainly not in a bad way.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guys and girls, this has been bugging me for the whole day yesterday. What font is being used in the recent tour announcement? I've stumbled upon some realitvely close ones but there's always something off, especially the 1, the R and the S. Can anyone help? Would be much appreciated. I can't believe that they went with something exclusively created for NIN or this poster. Thank you!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever been asked his thoughts about punk and hardcore in any interviews you guys can recall? Feel like the closest he's toyed with those sounds was MotP, his love for Joy Division (but he's really only covered material of theirs that is not very "punk"), and when he covered these live a few times a few years ago:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo I remember the old nin.com site with the message board and there was this thread about pre-show music and apparently it was TR's iPod mix of songs he listens to that were played prior to an NIN show this was around the time of the Lights In The Sky tour. I remember that the Clash's song Hateful was on there and some Dead Boys songs. I remember hearing Hateful before an NIN show and saying to somebody you don't hear this song everyday.
    If that was his playlist I think TR has great taste in music and fairly well rounded one and yes I would say he has a punk influence however Clash's London Calling (the album that Hateful is on) is not a hard core punk record, not like their first album.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yup, and he's also had songs by Wire and Buzzcocks on those playlists.
    Last edited by piggy; 02-13-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    What font is being used in the recent tour announcement? I've stumbled upon some realitvely close ones but there's always something off, especially the 1, the R and the S. Can anyone help?
    Looks like it's something from the NeoGram family. Here's The Northern Block website if you'd like to look around. They also let you try out the different fonts, etc.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Speaking of fonts...

Do we know which font was used on PHM? I tried to search around, but only came up with some fan generated fonts.

*edit* Rob said, it's a "...stretched-out version of Helvetica."
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 03-03-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: NINwiki to the rescue!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So.. is PHM remastered vinyl really sold out or do they take their time to repress ?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    So.. is PHM remastered vinyl really sold out or do they take their time to repress ?
    I've seen it pop up from time to time on the nin web store so I wouldn't write it off as "sold out". You can find it on discogs, sealed $26.00. (That's less than I paid at a indi shop in Chicago.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has TR ever mentioned "Head Down" having any connection to the Soundgarden song of the same name, especially since they toured together?

And has he ever confirmed that "Echoplex" was named after the Los Angeles venue?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Has TR ever mentioned "Head Down" having any connection to the Soundgarden song of the same name, especially since they toured together?

And has he ever confirmed that "Echoplex" was named after the Los Angeles venue?
    No and no. The venue (and likely the song) is named after a legendary and highly influential tape echo effects unit.
    Last edited by botley; 03-09-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Speaking of fonts...

Do we know which font was used on PHM? I tried to search around, but only came up with some fan generated fonts.

*edit* Rob said, it's a "...stretched-out version of Helvetica."
    How much does Rob love getting questions like this..."Really? That's what you want to know?!? I'm launching a new endeavor and you want to know what font Trent used on a 30 year old album?!?! I was 10!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    How much does Rob love getting questions like this..."Really? That's what you want to know?!? I'm launching a new endeavor and you want to know what font Trent used on a 30 year old album?!?! I was 10!"
    Rob really puts himself out there for fans. I think it's fair to say that he realizes he had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with NIN, and I admire his willingness to share his time and answer what some might think are mundane or trivial questions. He was one of the first accounts I followed on Twitter, and I've enjoyed keeping up with him post-NIN. He seems really humble and cool, and if this sort of thing bothers him, I've not seen it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is there a post-hoc item/document/file that functions to flesh out the world and story of Year Zero? I'm talking the websites, storyline, characters, etc. Something similar to the physical components for the new EPs. It would be helpful to provide when diving into the album for the first time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As far as NIN drummers are concerned, while I do of course love Ilan who, I’m not sure how everyone else feels, but him I consider at the top (I may say this since he’s the one I’m most acclamaited with [started listening to NIN in 2008]). Right next to him though for me after pouring through much of the past footage would be Chris Vrenna. I abslutely love his energy, especially from what I see in the past music videos. I am surprised he was not included in the “Wave Goodbye” tour of 2009. I’m curious if he and Trent had a fallout. Not much is mentioned on ninwiki. He’s just one of those past performers along with Danny Lohner that I’d love to see on stage with Trent live one day.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Well, the last thing I can remember Trent saying about Vrenna was that he was "the musical janitor", so . . .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    . I am surprised he was not included in the “Wave Goodbye” tour of 2009. .
    Would have been funny if he was, considering Robin was back, and Danny made a few guest appearances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    As far as NIN drummers are concerned, while I do of course love Ilan who, I’m not sure how everyone else feels, but him I consider at the top (I may say this since he’s the one I’m most acclamaited with [started listening to NIN in 2008]). Right next to him though for me after pouring through much of the past footage would be Chris Vrenna. I abslutely love his energy, especially from what I see in the past music videos. I am surprised he was not included in the “Wave Goodbye” tour of 2009. I’m curious if he and Trent had a fallout. Not much is mentioned on ninwiki. He’s just one of those past performers along with Danny Lohner that I’d love to see on stage with Trent live one day.
    While i can't say for certain if he was contacted or if they are even on speaking terms, what i can share is:

1) I bumped into Chris Vrenna once at a Goth Club in Hollywood, CA (Bar Sinister). We were both at the bar and i noticed him and struck up a convo. He basically said he was moving away from Los Angeles. (Point he no longer lives in LA, CA)

2) This was confirmed when i bumped into him again at a music college in Madison, WI a few years later. Apparently he's a music teacher of some sort there.

Since Wave Goodby didn't pass by Madison, WI, it's safe to say he probably wasn't available to make a quick guest appearance. Who knows if he would have been asked (or he would have shown up) if the tour had hit Madison?

Hopefully this sheds a little light to your hopes of them reuniting one day.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

Say Nine Inch Nails were on tour and you had free, front row tickets....the only catch is they will only be playing Hootie and the Blowfish's second album, Fairweather Johnson, in its entirety, front-to-back. Would you attend the show?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Quick, random question:

Say Nine Inch Nails were on tour and you had free, front row tickets....the only catch is they will only be playing Hootie and the Blowfish's second album, Fairweather Johnson, in its entirety, front-to-back. Would you attend the show?
    I would definitely be more interested in this than whatever greatest hits set is going to be played at festivals.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

For the sheer absurdity of this, I would pay for tickets

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    While i can't say for certain if he was contacted or if they are even on speaking terms, what i can share is:

1) I bumped into Chris Vrenna once at a Goth Club in Hollywood, CA (Bar Sinister). We were both at the bar and i noticed him and struck up a convo. He basically said he was moving away from Los Angeles. (Point he no longer lives in LA, CA)

2) This was confirmed when i bumped into him again at a music college in Madison, WI a few years later. Apparently he's a music teacher of some sort there.

Since Wave Goodby didn't pass by Madison, WI, it's safe to say he probably wasn't available to make a quick guest appearance. Who knows if he would have been asked (or he would have shown up) if the tour had hit Madison?

Hopefully this sheds a little light to your hopes of them reuniting one day.
    Madison to Chicago is a less than 3 hour drive and they played two shows there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Would have been funny if he was, considering Robin was back, and Danny made a few guest appearances.
    Danny made guest appearances? when?
    did not hear about this.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

Only if the encore includes the mashups "Hold My Hand That Feeds" and "Only Wanna Be With The Idea Of You".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear the in between song commentary. You know there'd be some good "why tf are we doing this again?" lines.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Here goes a random NIN question,....Is the live audio from the AATCB CD the same source as the DVD? Or are they 2 sep recordings? I know the dvd is spliced from dif shows...but I was wondering about doing an audio rip of the dvd but if its the same fucking audio as the live CD, then there is no point