Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170
Results 5,071 to 5,099 of 5099

Thread: Random NIN Questions

  1. #5071
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smithtown, New York
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Have any of the actors or anybody involved in the Broken movie ever come forward and discussed their roles?

  2. #5072
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever mentioned his favorite album ever? Non NIN of course

  3. #5073
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I only came across this fairly recently: https://soundcloud.com/dj-aphrodite/9-nails-remixlim / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPvHlGQsdCw

    He talks about the differences in speed in the notes. Inevitably it's not available for download, but still...
    Leviathant found that you can purchase it here:

    https://aphroditerecordings.databeat...download/amix1

  4. #5074
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,076
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Why is Seed 8 nowhere to be found? I realize it was an exclusive release for Beats, but I guess I didn’t realize just how exclusive that was. I would have assumed with that going under and eventually becoming Apple Music, the EP would have followed as well. It’s a shame because that Copy of A remix is easily one of my favorite NIN remixes.

  5. #5075
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Why is Seed 8 nowhere to be found?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?p=162878

  6. #5076
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    in the hole-
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    what are all The Closure/The Broken Movie variants(?) and how many exist?
    and also...
    what are these numbered 'seeds'?
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 10-08-2017 at 08:31 AM.

  7. #5077
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    what are all The Closure/The Broken Movie variants(?) and how many exist?
    and also...
    what are these numbered 'seeds'?
    "Seed numbers are used to catalog promotional releases that come directly from NIN, in a similar manner to the Halo numbers. The bootleg three-part The Definitive NIN collection was released via BitTorrent."
    From NINwiki

  8. #5078
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,350
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    does anyone know anything about fem 2 fem, an opener during self destruct? i found one track on youtube, and know an actress from freddy's dead was a member.

    and they're a lesbian synth pop group? really curious if anyone here caught one of those shows and how it made sense/was received at the time.
    Last edited by kel; 10-10-2017 at 08:00 PM.

  9. #5079
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    does anyone know anything about fem 2 fem, an opener during self destruct? i found one track on youtube, and know an actress from freddy's dead was a member.

    and they're a lesbian synth pop group? really curious if anyone here caught one of those shows and how it made sense/was received at the time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fem2Fem
    https://www.discogs.com/Fem-2-Fem-Wo.../master/887144
    https://www.discogs.com/Fem-2-Fem-Animus/master/392144

  10. #5080
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have TDS and WT on dualdisc/5.1,does anyone know why Trent stopped doing 5.1 mixes after those albums?

  11. #5081
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by use you up View Post
    I have TDS and WT on dualdisc/5.1,does anyone know why Trent stopped doing 5.1 mixes after those albums?
    The Social Network OST had a 5.1 mix, and one was intitially planned for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST, but it sounds like the higher ups at Sony put the kibosh on that. That said, he hasn't done one since (I'm not counting the possibly never completed mix they did for The Fragile), and I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with a lack of demand, the move towards digital formats, and the resurgence of vinyl.

  12. #5082
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,350
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    thanks. i googled them, really just wanted to know if any members here were at those shows and what the crowd was like, how it made sense. if it did.

  13. #5083
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The Social Network OST had a 5.1 mix, and one was intitially planned for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST, but it sounds like the higher ups at Sony put the kibosh on that. That said, he hasn't done one since (I'm not counting the possibly never completed mix they did for The Fragile), and I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with a lack of demand, the move towards digital formats, and the resurgence of vinyl.
    I don't buy lack of demand, don't forget how much the TSN BD-A goes for now

  14. #5084
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,313
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't buy lack of demand, don't forget how much the TSN BD-A goes for now
    i think that's more about the rarity of that item itself. the lack of demand is related to how few people actually have proper 5.1 systems and care about listening to music in such a format. in terms of niche audio, vinyl is definitely the front-runner these days.

    i'm still pissed off that the Ghosts blu-ray was in stereo and not 5.1, personally.

  15. #5085
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone still have the pics from the old "So I bought Trent Reznor's old computer" thread?

    I ain't gonna dox nobody I just wanna see what plugins he was bangin in 1999.

  16. #5086
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't there still a way to still access the file links from the seven1963.org site? Is that still possible?

    A few MM and NIN files I wanted to grab again. Thanks in advance.

  17. #5087
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    Wasn't there still a way to still access the file links from the seven1963.org site? Is that still possible?
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160329...63.org/NIN.htm

    You can browse there, and then when you click the download links, just copy/paste the mediafire URL's manually. The files should still be accessible on mediafire.

  18. #5088
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks so much.

  19. #5089
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any chance we could get the 3rd EP in December?

  20. #5090
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,915
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Any chance we could get the 3rd EP in December?
    There's a chance. The original plan was EP3 by the end of the year, but Trent's mentioned that it might get pushed back to early next year depending on if he and Atticus take some side projects, how things go, etc. Last time he talked about it, I believe, he said EP3 is just words on paper. I'd personally prefer he take the time needed rather than speed through to get it out by Dec 31st, but it's all up to what he feels is right.

  21. #5091
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,293
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    So my co-worker and I were talking today about bands we liked and I brought up how I like NIN. My co-worker then asked me if I knew why 'nine inch nails' was chosen as the name and I didn't know the answer. He brought up the "its the length of the nails used to nail jesus to the cross" thing and I told him that was just a rumor, but then I didn't have a real explanation of why that name was picked for the band. Has TR ever come out and given a background as to why he picked NIN? Was it just because it sounded cool and the logo looked good?

  22. #5092
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So my co-worker and I were talking today about bands we liked and I brought up how I like NIN. My co-worker then asked me if I knew why 'nine inch nails' was chosen as the name and I didn't know the answer. He brought up the "its the length of the nails used to nail jesus to the cross" thing and I told him that was just a rumor, but then I didn't have a real explanation of why that name was picked for the band. Has TR ever come out and given a background as to why he picked NIN? Was it just because it sounded cool and the logo looked good?
    There was interview from the 90s where he said the name was chosen because it was repetitive and looked nice when abbreviated. He was pretty self deprecating about the name, insinuating he thought it was actually dumb lol

  23. #5093
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,396
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It passed a two-weeks test or something like that. But that just explains how did the name stuck. As for the actual phrase, I think the Jesus theory sounds legit.

  24. #5094
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This question is for the audiophiles of the group.
    I'm interested in upgrading my sound system. I will start with a nice set of headphones, amp and DAC. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to test most products before I buy so I'm forced to purchased based on online reviews. I know, not ideal. Being that I listen to NIN by far more than anything, I want some cans that match that style of music. I am curious if any of you have recommendations? I've been considering the Sennheiser HD650 or the HD800, Woo Audio WA2 or WA22 headphone amp, and a Resonessence Concero HD DAC. Thanks.

  25. #5095
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,712
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It passed a two-weeks test or something like that. But that just explains how did the name stuck. As for the actual phrase, I think the Jesus theory sounds legit.
    Except that the nails used for crucifictions weren't 9 inches long

  26. #5096
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Has TR ever come out and given a background as to why he picked NIN? Was it just because it sounded cool and the logo looked good?
    "nine inch nails just popped into my head one day..."

    http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...le.php?id=6183

  27. #5097
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,043
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    This question is for the audiophiles of the group.
    I'm interested in upgrading my sound system. I will start with a nice set of headphones, amp and DAC. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to test most products before I buy so I'm forced to purchased based on online reviews. I know, not ideal. Being that I listen to NIN by far more than anything, I want some cans that match that style of music. I am curious if any of you have recommendations? I've been considering the Sennheiser HD650 or the HD800, Woo Audio WA2 or WA22 headphone amp, and a Resonessence Concero HD DAC. Thanks.
    More like Reznor-essence amirite?? I kid, I kid. Those will do nicely; however, you should be aware that the Woo headphone amps will color the sound somewhat, because they use tube-based amplification... which you should be really, really sure you like the sound of, before you spend the dough adding them to your chain.

  28. #5098
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was cleaning out my old room at my parents house and I was surprised to discover I still had that old “Fisted” box set. It had the CD singles in there along with the shirt but no buttons. I discovered that the shirt is basically disintegrating and has all these holes from the fabric coming apart. Are there any collectors out there who have noticed something similar? I wasn’t hoping to wear a shirt that says “FIST FUCK” on it but I was curious if this is just what happens to shirts that sit in a box for 20 years.

  29. #5099
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,313
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    I was cleaning out my old room at my parents house and I was surprised to discover I still had that old “Fisted” box set. It had the CD singles in there along with the shirt but no buttons. I discovered that the shirt is basically disintegrating and has all these holes from the fabric coming apart. Are there any collectors out there who have noticed something similar? I wasn’t hoping to wear a shirt that says “FIST FUCK” on it but I was curious if this is just what happens to shirts that sit in a box for 20 years.
    i'll check mine later and get back to you

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions