Page 162 of 215 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The MP3s are not original. Unfortunately, this was 1999. I was working off a two-year-old IBM Thinkpad (166mhz?) running Windows 95 and it *might* have had a gig of hard drive space, and the Hotline had bandwidth caps. The only reason that AIFF was ZIP and not MP3 is because zip compressed it better than MP3 (because it's not audio data) - I did a lot of data juggling back then, burning what I could to CD, and frequently ran out of free space on my hard drive.
    a gig? really? damn! I think I was operating with much less than that ;-) Pretty much everything I saved for frequent use and/or editing was saved to my Iomega Zip Drive disks, otherwise is was burned onto CDs... It's simply amazing that you were able to dig up these files!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Hey, I found 1001101-1.zip and uploaded it.

It unzips to a 28mb AIFF file, but there's no way it's actually audio. Viewed in a Hex Editor like HxD, you can see that it's mostly null bytes, periodically broken up by 256 bytes of 7F (0111 1111)

Who's up for cracking a 18 year old puzzle?
    Are these not the "Binary" sound which was once used as ambient background noise on some old NiN websites ?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    a gig? really? damn! I think I was operating with much less than that ;-) Pretty much everything I saved for frequent use and/or editing was saved to my Iomega Zip Drive disks, otherwise is was burned onto CDs... It's simply amazing that you were able to dig up these files!
    To be honest, when I say about a gig, that's going off of Google searches for similar era IBM Thinkpads. In my head, I'm pretty sure it was less than a gig, by far. A gig was *huge* back then. However, I didn't want to over-exaggerate - I just remember always having to burn things to CD just to make room to download new MP3s. I think I even had to copy the files to my desktop computer to burn them to CD, and that I didn't have a CD burner until maybe 1999. I remember being really excited that a friend of mine had one in college when we started class in 1997.

Anyhow, about seven years ago, I gathered up all my CDRs and copied everything to an external hard drive, reorganized everything into nice, orderly folders, and then threw the CDRs out.

threw the CDRs out
    Yeah, you know exactly what happened next. Two weeks later, hard drive failure. To say I was devastated would be an understatement, yeah. It took me several years to come to terms with it, and I was able to do a full recovery for about $350 - which after a few years, was not as much of a sting as it was originally. I'm very glad to be able to share what I have, in a way that emulates the original presentation.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    I have had issues playing regular non-bluray DVD's on my Xbox One as well. Haven't tried this specific DVD, but definitely had issues with others. A solution that sometimes works for me (albeit, irritating) is to uninstall and reinstall the Bluray app on your system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That seems to have one the trick, thanks!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have the most important question one could ever have about Trent Reznor! Did Trent Reznor fart during this interview ?

Just as one can hear the farting noise, trent sqeezes his eyes and has "that" face. But what if it was a reporter. Stay tuned!

Spoiler:
    This is a joke question. Its probably just a throat noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of his best interviews. And yes, I think he did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was anyone able to capture the partial 1991 Helter Skelter concert footage that Callahan posted on here a couple years back? I remember watching part of it on youtube but the uploader (World Rockumentary Channel) has set it to private unfortunately.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Was anyone able to capture the partial 1991 Helter Skelter concert footage that Callahan posted on here a couple years back? I remember watching part of it on youtube but the uploader (World Rockumentary Channel) has set it to private unfortunately.
    I've been trying for the last year and a half to get the full recording from this guy. Sadly, he has been giving me the run around and telling me he'll send the full version to my email account (as an attachment) because he doesn't know how to send it any other way. Pretty much trolling. Which is very sad.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Was Burn ever performed between 1999-2000?

I don't think I ever came across any footage of it performed in those years so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone got any idea when the 'Not The Actual Events' vinyls ship?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

I don't think I ever came across any footage of it performed in those years so far.
    Doesn't look like it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

9 years later (2009) it was performed on the Scheesel Huricane Festival which has very high quality audio recordings on the NiN live fan-website.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    (disclaimer: I did try search, but no success)

CRC Sessions, why Hurt take two? Do you hear something wrong with the first one? Or maybe it was just Trent and "I can do better than that", but nothing measureble to point at?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone point me in the direction of what might be the best recording available from 2014?
    For a long time I had one of the Amsterdam recordings, which sounded really good, but there was one person in the audience who drove me mad and I can't bear to listen to it anymore.
    I lack the time and digital space to download a while bunch so any recommendations would be gratefully received. I am mainly thinking of Europe, but the Soundgarden tour would also be cool. Cheers!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone point me in the direction of what might be the best recording available from 2014?
    For a long time I had one of the Amsterdam recordings, which sounded really good, but there was one person in the audience who drove me mad and I can't bear to listen to it anymore.
    I lack the time and digital space to download a while bunch so any recommendations would be gratefully received. I am mainly thinking of Europe, but the Soundgarden tour would also be cool. Cheers!
    Personally I enjoyed this show a lot, it's an interesting setlist and source 2 is an excellent recording. http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2014/20140228.html

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone know if that NIN remix of Todd Rundgren's track is getting an official release? I picked up the regular version off the album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I enjoyed this show a lot
    Cheers. Downloading now.

As for the Todd Rundgren remix - I'm guessing not, if it's not been made available by now. I was looking the other day but no sign of a quiet digital release, and even the Japanese CD of the album doesn't have this for a bonus track. Sad face.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I remember somewhat recently someone saying that they made a printable booklet kind of deal that outlined the entire YZ ARG, but I can't remember who it was or even in what topic or how long back to search. Does anyone remember? I found someone who isn't part of the NIN community but is really into ARGs who wants to know more and I wanted to check that out and see if they would be interested in looking at it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I remember somewhat recently someone saying that they made a printable booklet kind of deal that outlined the entire YZ ARG, but I can't remember who it was or even in what topic or how long back to search. Does anyone remember? I found someone who isn't part of the NIN community but is really into ARGs who wants to know more and I wanted to check that out and see if they would be interested in looking at it.
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...271#post353271

This?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am uninformed in this area so the question is valid to me.

Nin had Gary Numan as a source of inspiration, and somewhere in time Gary numan suddenly popped up on stage together with NiN. Afterwards Gary Numan released the Album named "Splinter (Songs of a broken mind)" which truly sounds like a NiN inspired album with a structure and sound resembling the NiN sound but more crisp.

Did Gary numan work with NiN for that album ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post

Nin had Gary Numan as a source of inspiration, and somewhere in time Gary numan suddenly popped up on stage together with NiN. Afterwards Gary Numan released the Album named "Splinter (Songs of a broken mind)" which truly sounds like a NiN inspired album with a structure and sound resembling the NiN sound but more crisp.

No, no Trent. Sounds like it was just heavily influenced by NIN.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    No, no Trent. Sounds like it was just heavily influenced by NIN.
    Robin Finck played guitar on four of the tracks: "I Am Dust", "Lost", "Where I Can Never Be", and "We're The Unforgiven".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I believe Robin also toured with him for a short time after that?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I believe Robin also toured with him for a short time after that?
    Yes. And Jerome Dillon played drums on 2006's Jagged.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post

gary had kind of a cyclical inspirational effect. a lot of the pseudo-industrial bands of the late 80s/early 90s were heavily influenced by his work, but added more darkness and heaviness, which in turn inspired him (after some odd ventures of his during the late 80s/early 90s) so he started making music that was darker and heavier, influenced by artists who were originally influenced by him. i love his early work (up through "i, assassin") and i love his work from the last 20 years, but that period in between (though it has a few shining moments) is rough.

also, (not trying to be a jerk, really just curious) why do you keep writing "NiN" with a lowercase "i"? i've never seen anyone do that and it's really visually unappealing

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

also, (not trying to be a jerk, really just curious) why do you keep writing "NiN" with a lowercase "i"? i've never seen anyone do that and it's really visually unappealing
    Shit, I do that

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I have a realy weird explanation for that.

I have been drawing for as long as i can remember while admiring drawings, comics, pictures, and logos for as long as i can remember. Somehow this translates to me unintentionally writing some things as how i see the logo... not everyhing. I tend to do this for DooM the game, and NiN. lol.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Is there anywhere to buy a lossless version of The Perfect Drug with the fade out ending? I'm also looking for somewhere to buy a lossless version of Deep without having to buy the whole Tomb Raider album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Is there anywhere to buy a lossless version of The Perfect Drug with the fade out ending? I'm also looking for somewhere to buy a lossless version of Deep without having to buy the whole Tomb Raider album.
    Rip one of the CDs is the only way as far as I know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why does the Null Corps Youtube channel feature a playlist on thermographic paint?
    Follow up question: What happens when you apply different temperatures to the "physical component"?