Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 2790

Thread: Random NIN Questions

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Has anyone ever actually bothered to remix corona radiata with the greater good and pinion like NIN did in Buenos Aires in 2008? Just stumbled upon it after a long time and I still think it was a great intro for wish!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone ever get a scan of that interview TR did for Q magazine? It was the march issue if I recall and the photos from it were leaked around February I think. Was there nothing of interest in there?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waffel View Post
    Did anyone ever get a scan of that interview TR did for Q magazine? It was the march issue if I recall and the photos from it were leaked around February I think. Was there nothing of interest in there?
    Not really. Nothing groundbreaking.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what kind of equipment the Gift footage was shot on?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Is there anyone that has the full soundboard recording of this show: June 21, 2009, Scheesel, Germany, Hurricane Festival ? RITC has it listed, but not yet available and I don't know whethere it's on the NIN drive etc.. If someone could point me to the direction of this show I'd be eternal grateful!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Last I heard, it's currently being held from general distribution so that it can be used as trading bait to obtain other rare recordings or material from difficult tapers.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Is there anyone that has the full soundboard recording of this show: June 21, 2009, Scheesel, Germany, Hurricane Festival ? RITC has it listed, but not yet available and I don't know whethere it's on the NIN drive etc.. If someone could point me to the direction of this show I'd be eternal grateful!
    Yeah it is on the NIN Drive. It is AMAZING.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    that's what I assumed. Damnit!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What does "With Teeth" means (or stands for)? I have to write it: "awitha ateetha".

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,209
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    i always thought with teeth = it bites (kinda like a caution for unsuspecting listener)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    i always thought with teeth = it bites (kinda like a caution for unsuspecting listener)
    That, and "Teeth" is a slang for cocaine.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    It's an expression that, when referring to agencies, organizations, collectives or procedures, means "capable, potent, or relevant".

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    That, and "Teeth" is a slang for cocaine.
    Seriously?

    I always thought it meant something has a grip on you, a very strong grip on you, like, jaws. with teeth. Like, yeah, addiction. I suppose the "she" is a drug, not sure which one. Eric Clapton says cocaine is a she.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,278
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure it's a song about pasta, having been cooked just right.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,037
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Pretty sure it's about Twilight

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vernon, Connecticut
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Pretty sure it's about Twilight
    literal LOL
    I will never be able to listen to awitha teetha the same way again.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,209
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    with vampire teeth? ooooooookay

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I had the font used for Ghosts back when it came out, but that was my old laptop, and I'm not even sure I have it anymore. And I'm pretty sure I got it from a megaupload file, anyway, which was killed by the FBI. Does anyone either have it, or know where I could find it again? I'm finally making that Inspired by Ghosts I-IV photo book I made 4 years ago.

    I found it at http://collections.portraitofdecay.com/fonts/ but I need it for Mac. I'm hoping the font exists for Mac, somewhere
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 04-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    they all work fine with Macs now. grab the PC link, unzip it, open with TTF file with FontBook, and there will be a button to "Install Font". bam!

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I vaguely remember a picture of Trent wearing glasses. Might have been Fragile-era rehearsals. Is my memory making this up, or is there actually a picture?

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I vaguely remember a picture of Trent wearing glasses. Might have been Fragile-era rehearsals. Is my memory making this up, or is there actually a picture?
    Are you thinking about this image? I always took it for Buddy Holly Slappin'-Da-Bass-Man with Lohner


  22. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Greg Puciato (of the Dillinger Escape Plan) just posted this on Twitter:

    "SPOILER ALERT: Just saw a unicorn, a merman, zombies, a 90 minute weed advert, and heard one of the best NIN songs...all in one movie."

    Does anyone know which movie he is talking about?

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Greg Puciato (of the Dillinger Escape Plan) just posted this on Twitter:

    "SPOILER ALERT: Just saw a unicorn, a merman, zombies, a 90 minute weed advert, and heard one of the best NIN songs...all in one movie."

    Does anyone know which movie he is talking about?
    I assume "The Cabin in the Woods"

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    602
    Posts
    649
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    ^ Yep. It was Last.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Gem Archer of Oasis has production and engineering credits on with_teeth. Does anyone know how that came about and if there's bit more info on that?
    Twiggy in return has done some remix work for them, but the connection between Oasis and NIN pretty much baffles me. I love both, but would have never guessed they could somehow work together.

    Speaking of which I think a Reznor remix for a future Noel Gallagher single could turn out pretty cool.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,647
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princessomega View Post
    literal LOL
    I will never be able to listen to awitha teetha the same way again.
    I think I've listened to the title track AWITHA TEETHA less than 10 times.

    Seriously makes me wonder what made Trent scrap Bleedthrough for AWITHA CRAPPA.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vernon, Connecticut
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think I've listened to the title track AWITHA TEETHA less than 10 times.

    Seriously makes me wonder what made Trent scrap Bleedthrough for AWITHA CRAPPA.
    I had heard something, back when the "with teeth" album was being released that Trent had said he didnt want to use Bleedthrough because it sounded like somthing from a tampon ad, or something like that.
    I dont know if that was a true statement from TR or something I just remember people saying,

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,360
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Gem Archer of Oasis has production and engineering credits on with_teeth. Does anyone know how that came about and if there's bit more info on that?
    Twiggy in return has done some remix work for them, but the connection between Oasis and NIN pretty much baffles me. I love both, but would have never guessed they could somehow work together.

    Speaking of which I think a Reznor remix for a future Noel Gallagher single could turn out pretty cool.
    Couldn't help but look this up and found a photo - he's bucking the trend wearing yellow rather than black!
    Sorry, that's Alan Moulder in yellow,whoops
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gem...iw=768&bih=946
    Last edited by WorzelG; 04-16-2012 at 08:11 AM.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That site explains exactly how they came together: NIN and Oasis were at the same studio doing overdubs.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princessomega View Post
    I had heard something, back when the "with teeth" album was being released that Trent had said he didnt want to use Bleedthrough because it sounded like somthing from a tampon ad, or something like that.
    Yeah, cause a title that sounds like a tampon ad is worse than one for dental dams.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions