Page 14 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    no, it's from the film "leviathan"
    I understand the industrial background noise is from that film but i was asking about the actual noise of the lift/elevator/platform noise that you can hear when the song Reptile kicks off, i was led to believe it was from the afore mentioned Moonraker.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Per the old unofficial NIN FAQ:

G:5 "Where was the video for "Hurt" recorded?"

The video for "Hurt" was recorded before the show in Omaha, Nebraska on February 13, 1995 and Dallas, Texas on February 11, 1995. Some concert-goers were let in a half hour or so sooner to be the audience. Apparently the reason for this is to keep the audience noise to a minimal level, especially considering that in concert "Happiness in Slavery" and "Eraser" are before "Hurt", and this makes for one wild/loud crowd. Why is he wet in the video? He probably doused himself with water.

I always assumed that it was.
    According to this, it was the middle 3 songs (Eraser/Hurt/TDS) that were filmed in the pre-show filming.
    Last edited by TheBang; 01-19-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    According to this, it was the middle 3 songs (Eraser/Hurt/TDS) that were filmed in the pre-show filming.
    If you're trying to say that "Mr. Self Destruct" couldn't have come from the pre-show filming, then it probably came from the beginning of the proper portion of the show but I still assume that it was filmed on the same day as either Omaha or Dallas with the same director and film crew. If it's the mention of "Happiness In Slavery" in that FAQ stuff that's throwing you off, it's only saying that a song like that would get the crowd too worked up and too loud for filming.
    Last edited by piggy; 01-19-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I understand the industrial background noise is from that film but i was asking about the actual noise of the lift/elevator/platform noise that you can hear when the song Reptile kicks off, i was led to believe it was from the afore mentioned Moonraker.
    I believe those machine sounds are from James Cameron's 'Aliens' and the "Kirk help" line is from 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (original). One thing that I've always been very curious about is that Rob Sheridan once said that the sample in the song 'The Downward Spiral' is from Ridley Scott's 'Alien'. I've seen that movie a hundred times and can't find the sample. A billion dollars to the person who can help me find it or knows what that 'watery' sound is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    well, there are at least 3-4 samples and keyboards layered together to make the soundscape at the beginning of the song TDS. there is that echoing pig-ish tone right at the start, the rattling kind of sound, a bubbling insect-ish sound, some breathing, etc. – who knows which sample he meant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I set up some stuff to download off RITC, came back, and the entire sites been deleted. Wank.

Anything similar available apart from seven1963's lovely site which is unfortunately missing the sources for the wave goodbye shows I want?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    I set up some stuff to download off RITC, came back, and the entire sites been deleted. Wank.

Anything similar available apart from seven1963's lovely site which is unfortunately missing the sources for the wave goodbye shows I want?
    This is crappy news. I hope this is just a temporary thing (particularly in light of the whole NIN drive fiasco). Also, would be good to mirror the information held on the site at the hotline. WOuld be a shame for a resource like that to just disappear. I know @Leviathant has unsuccessfully prodded Ryan J. on the NIN drive issues, so I won't be holding my breath.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    If you're trying to say that "Mr. Self Destruct" couldn't have come from the pre-show filming, then it probably came from the beginning of the proper portion of the show but I still assume that it was filmed on the same day as either Omaha or Dallas with the same director and film crew.
    Yes, I think that's what I was trying to say: that it didn't come from the pre-show filming. But yes, since they also filmed the regular show for both dates, you're right, it's likely from that.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    This is crappy news. I hope this is just a temporary thing (particularly in light of the whole NIN drive fiasco). Also, would be good to mirror the information held on the site at the hotline. WOuld be a shame for a resource like that to just disappear. I know @Leviathant has unsuccessfully prodded Ryan J. on the NIN drive issues, so I won't be holding my breath.
    Well, I've been able to figure out what happened. It looks like Dreamhost retired the server that the site was hosted on, and migrated everything to a new server. However, that necessitated an IP address change. Normally that would be done seamlessly by Dreamhost during the migration, but, for various reasons, the DNS for reflectinginthechrome.com is hosted externally. Dreamhost probably sent him a notification with the new IP address, but Ryan probably either didn't see it or didn't know what to do with it. Everything will be fine, as soon as the new IP can be entered into the DNS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Questions

A few years ago I saw a video where MJK is disguised as a fan sitting on a couch with TR. After a bit TR giggles when he discovers the prank. I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Last edited by blassster; 01-26-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    This image is from Buddyhead.com's "Axl Rose Musical Terror System". Is Axl wearing a Sin T-shirt?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    A few years ago I saw a video where MJK is disguised as a fan sitting on a couch with TR. After a bit TR giggles when he discovers the prank. I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Yup, it was on Musique Plus from when APC & NIN were touring. I wish I could find the footage - I know I had a very low resolution copy of the video back in 2000, but I figured lots of people had it, and I had way too small of a hard drive to be keeping extra videos around.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anybody know which interview it was where Trent talked about meeting Sharon Tate's sister while recording TDS​? Need it for reference on another site.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Anybody know which interview it was where Trent talked about meeting Sharon Tate's sister while recording TDS​? Need it for reference on another site.
    http://www.theninhotline.net/archive.../rollina.shtml

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Interesting interview above. The Fragile. Funk hip-hop? Not quite...!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Yup, it was on Musique Plus from when APC & NIN were touring. I wish I could find the footage - I know I had a very low resolution copy of the video back in 2000, but I figured lots of people had it, and I had way too small of a hard drive to be keeping extra videos around.
    Fuuuuck. Someone linked it on the previous life of these boards, probably around WT era. Once in a while I do a search for it. I'm hoping it's on my old computer, I'll be looking for the file whenever my Mom brings the clunker up to my place.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where I can download high res images of the art is restistnace stuff from year zero. Been reading up on all the back story today at work, and I find I have a much larger appreciation for the albu after seeing all this extra work that went into it. Anyhow, trying find high res images of any of the art is resistance stuff to print out and maybe make some poster.

any help is appreciated.

even with nin-wiki, that stuff is a mess to get trough

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can download high res images of the art is restistnace stuff from year zero. Been reading up on all the back story today at work, and I find I have a much larger appreciation for the albu after seeing all this extra work that went into it. Anyhow, trying find high res images of any of the art is resistance stuff to print out and maybe make some poster.

any help is appreciated.

even with nin-wiki, that stuff is a mess to get trough
    http://artisresistance.com

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Can someone tell me where in "A Warm Place" the phrase "The best thing about life is knowing you put it together" is repeated? I keep listening for it but can never find it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How many music videos were scrapped? I know these ones:

March of the Pigs
    Hurt
    TDTWWA
    The Hands That Feeds
    Every Day Is Exactly The Same

Did I miss any?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh, I did not know about hurt and the hand that feeds. Are there any snippets, pictures etc.?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Can someone tell me where in "A Warm Place" the phrase "The best thing about life is knowing you put it together" is repeated? I keep listening for it but can never find it.
    at the very start, easiest (relative term) heard between the pad sound that fades in and out before the music begins proper. it's louder on one side, i think.

and we still don't know the words. personally, i only hear a couple of them from that phrase you quoted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Oh, I did not know about hurt and the hand that feeds. Are there any snippets, pictures etc.?
    I remembered that : http://theninhotline.net/archives/ne..._ca_inside.jpg

And Hurt, you can see the "behind-the-scenes" in the Appendage of the DVD edition of Closure.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I think there were also plans for Capital G, but it was scrapped before even being announced. I may be wrong, but I think I remember it was supposed to contain a band live-ish performance in front of white screen and under the projection of fan contest winner video for the song. Too bad old ETS isn't around, I can't give a reference.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, I've been able to figure out what happened. It looks like Dreamhost retired the server that the site was hosted on, and migrated everything to a new server. However, that necessitated an IP address change. Normally that would be done seamlessly by Dreamhost during the migration, but, for various reasons, the DNS for reflectinginthechrome.com is hosted externally. Dreamhost probably sent him a notification with the new IP address, but Ryan probably either didn't see it or didn't know what to do with it. Everything will be fine, as soon as the new IP can be entered into the DNS.
    IP address has been updated, and RITC is back online.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    can someone please point me in the direction of the NY Times Talks full interview with TR. Cant find it anywhere online.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    can someone please point me in the direction of the NY Times Talks full interview with TR. Cant find it anywhere online.
    I reuploaded it:

Video: http://rapidshare.com/files/55916408...t%20Reznor.mov
    Audio-only: http://rapidshare.com/files/11245659...lksTRaudio.m4a

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Thanks! But it says "Download permission denied by uploader"

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    OK, sorry about that. Try it again, it should be public now.