Page 208 of 216 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,240 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    With the exception of concerts pre PHM, was Wish the only song Trent debuted live in concert before the studio version was recorded (presumably)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure 'Not So Pretty Now' And also 'Non Entity' are in that as well... There are a few others as well, I am just drawing a blank at the moment...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    I'm pretty sure 'Not So Pretty Now' And also 'Non Entity' are in that as well... There are a few others as well, I am just drawing a blank at the moment...
    Ooh I forgot about those two

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    With the exception of concerts pre PHM, was Wish the only song Trent debuted live in concert before the studio version was recorded (presumably)?
    The version of Get Down Make Love that was played regularly starting with the 1989 tour is not quite the final version that got laid down later in Al's studio in Chicago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wasn’t Find My Way debuted live? I can’t remember for sure.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Songs debuted before being recorded: Wish, GDML, Physical (most likely)

Debuted when some studio version existed: Down in it, Sanctified, Ringfinger (Twist), The Only Time, That's What I Get, Maybe Just Once (Purest Feeling versions were already recorded), Suck (Pigface version was most likely already recorded, NIN version not yet)

Debuted before studio release (but already recorded): Burn, The Fragile (MTV performance), YKWYA?, THTF (*), Love Is Not Enough, EDIETS, TLBTB, The Collector, WT, Home, Getting Smaller, BYIT (intro version only), Non-Entity, NSPN, Survivalism, TBOTE, Copy of A (*), CBH (*), Find My Way (*), Disappointed

(*) need to check single/digital release/leak dates to make sure, but def all performed before the album dropped

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Wasn’t Find My Way debuted live?
    Yes, but that wasn't the question. The question was, which songs were debuted live before they were recorded in the studio, not before they were released?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    More of a curiosity question, in your iTunes libraries (or whatever platforms of choice how you listen to music) do you split up And All That Could Have Been and Still with their seperate album covers or keep them together as the deluxe edition with the deluxe edition cover? I've been going back and forth on this for years.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    More of a curiosity question, in your iTunes libraries (or whatever platforms of choice how you listen to music) do you split up And All That Could Have Been and Still with their seperate album covers or keep them together as the deluxe edition with the deluxe edition cover? I've been going back and forth on this for years.
    I do them separate (in iTunes) as "And All That Could Have Been. Live" and "And All That Could Have Been. Still" but use the same art for both (the deluxe cover).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Separate albums, separate single edition covers.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Still standalone album art, Live CD in the garbage where it belongs, DVD audio rip with the DVD cover art.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Still standalone album art, Live CD in the garbage where it belongs, DVD audio rip with the DVD cover art.
    THIS. I always listen to the DVD version. I still can't listen to the CD version because of the harsh sounding S's. I guess they didn't run it through a de-esser. I remember people complaining about it when it first came out, I got some free promo stuff out of it, but they never fixed the issue.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    And they pressed the bootleg vinyl from that CD ish. Everyone who bought it: you played yourselves.
    Last edited by botley; 08-02-2022 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Separate albums and covers. I don't include "And All That Could Have Been" with Still. It's just "Still".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    THIS. I always listen to the DVD version. I still can't listen to the CD version because of the harsh sounding S's. I guess they didn't run it through a de-esser. I remember people complaining about it when it first came out, I got some free promo stuff out of it, but they never fixed the issue.

i need to get around to that. My biggest issue is splicing in TDTWWA somewhere properly. And Reptile. Just editing it to make it one complete “thing” that fades between tracks properly.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    i need to get around to that. My biggest issue is splicing in TDTWWA somewhere properly. And Reptile. Just editing it to make it one complete “thing” that fades between tracks properly.
    Reptile belongs before "Hey pigs" and TDTWWA before JLYI.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks, might take another stab at this when I get home tonight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Are there any tour posters for the summer 2013 festival shows? They made ones for Tension and all the 2014 dates, but I've never seen anything for those summer 2013 festival shows.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Going to keep both the CD and DVD audio in my library for the time been because I'm a fussy bastard, but thanks for finally motivating me to get around to it!

Messed around with Audacity splicing in the DVD bonus tracks trying to keep it sounding as seamless as possible. Ended up using the CD version of TDTWWA because something sounds off about the DVD version. The guitar part sounds a bit crackly and just sounds like it has a different mix to the rest of the songs but overall I like what I'm hearing with the DVD master. Begone shitty artifacting!
    Last edited by Disassociative; 08-04-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Speaking of AATCHB, can seed0 please “leak” all of these this Christmas?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ I'm just interested in a supercut of every camera angle showing TR flipping the bird in "Starfuckers"...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wish someone would do an HD upconvert of the DVD footage to make it more watchable on modern TV's. I really doubt if fans did it that TR would care, and I'm sure we could keep it under the radar of Interscope/Universal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I wish someone would do an HD upconvert of the DVD footage to make it more watchable on modern TV's. I really doubt if fans did it that TR would care, and I'm sure we could keep it under the radar of Interscope/Universal.
    I imagine there's only so much you can do with miniDV recordings, but that upconversion of The Frail/The Wretched Rob Sheriden did is a marked improvement

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I imagine there's only so much you can do with miniDV recordings, but that upconversion of The Frail/The Wretched Rob Sheriden did is a marked improvement

Yeah, it looks far better than the DVD. I meant after this proof of concept, I was hoping that some fans would do the whole thing. Obviously Rob is too high profile to do it, but has proven it can be done and to great effect. Now it's in our hands.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    At this point, I would just love a nice Blu-ray package. It would still be standard definition footage, but they could include the entire concert on one disc and remaster the audio for Dolby Atmos, plus include all the extras from the DVD. The 4K upscale looks nice, but personally, I don't need it to look HD. I have a 4K TV and player, and I'm pretty satisfied with how the DVD looks. That said, with DVD they were trying to cram as much as they could onto those discs, so if they did a Blu-ray release with better encoding, it could still end up looking better, even if wouldn't look HD.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    At this point, I would just love a nice Blu-ray package. It would still be standard definition footage, but they could include the entire concert on one disc and remaster the audio for Dolby Atmos, plus include all the extras from the DVD. The 4K upscale looks nice, but personally, I don't need it to look HD. I have a 4K TV and player, and I'm pretty satisfied with how the DVD looks. That said, with DVD they were trying to cram as much as they could onto those discs, so if they did a Blu-ray release with better encoding, it could still end up looking better, even if wouldn't look HD.
    Still vinyl + AATCHB BD deluxe set. Though I don't know how Still would sound in that format. Just a suggestion... for his obsession.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I found a version of Less than, it's called Less Than (Promo Only Intro Edit) It comes from an album called 'Promo Only: Alternative Club (Dec 2017)'
    It's 3:53 in length. Is it official or fan made? Appologies if it's been questioned before. I just randomly came across it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I found a version of Less than, it's called Less Than (Promo Only Intro Edit) It comes from an album called 'Promo Only: Alternative Club (Dec 2017)'
    It's 3:53 in length. Is it official or fan made? Appologies if it's been questioned before. I just randomly came across it.
    "Promo Only" is a DJ record pool service. It's a service that gives DJ's subscription access to promo music. This includes DJ edits, alternative remixes, extended intro versions, outro versions, bootlegs, mashups, clean and explicit versions, etc.

Here's some discussion about what Intro Edits are:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Beatmatch/c...an_intro_edit/
    https://news.beatsource.com/2021/02/...nsed-dj-edits/
    https://djtechtools.com/2014/06/01/m...-ableton-live/

I don't know enough about them to know if these are all official from the label or artist, or if some of them are done by the DJ service. I suspect the latter could be the case, especially for this "Promo Only Intro Edit".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Can someone link me to the video from I think 06 where Trent gets pissed off during Only, and starts smashing the screen with his mic, breaking it? I can't find it on Youtube.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Can someone link me to the video from I think 06 where Trent gets pissed off during Only, and starts smashing the screen with his mic, breaking it? I can't find it on Youtube.
    Is it in this compilation?