Page 112 of 216 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree. Having never seen the movie however, I didn't want to completely rule out the possibility.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I know nincollector and nincatalog rank the releases by rarity but is there a similar thing for the band's posters? I would really like to know this one...
    I don't know of one, but I would love a "general other merch" version of those sites, for tour shirts and posters and the like. Though, being items without a UPC and other identification numbers, it would likely be waaaaay harder.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Not the same (and not comprehensive), but...
    Here are posters
    Here are shirts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Not the same (and not comprehensive), but...
    Here are posters
    Here are shirts
    Thanks! This actually is what I was looking for (although the item I was looking for isn't on there).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What do you all think of Everything? It's supposed to sound like an indie rock/alternative rock song with an underlying Nine Inch Nails-ness to it right? That was my impression. I thought the instrumentation was supposed to be intentionally ironic that way.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    What do you all think of Everything?
    For my thoughts, as far as the sound, Everything is just a thoroughly weirdass piece to come from Trent. Nearing two years later and I still have no clue of whether I like it or not. Never before has any song bamboozled me so. It also strikes me as strange that it was used as a single for HM, and was also purported to have been made for a nin greatest hits album. Why and why?

It would have been nice to hear nin perform Everything live. I think the live incarnation would have helped me get a better feel for it. The studio version is elusive to me.

It's supposed to sound like an indie rock/alternative rock song with an underlying Nine Inch Nails-ness to it right?
    According to Trent,

"To me, 'Everything' is a descendant of Fear and Joy Division and New Order."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has the radio edit of Copy Of A surfaced? I can't find it anywhere, like the Everything instrumental.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    For my thoughts, as far as the sound, Everything is just a thoroughly weirdass piece to come from Trent. Nearing two years later and I still have no clue of whether I like it or not. Never before has any song bamboozled me so. It also strikes me as strange that it was used as a single for HM, and was also purported to have been made for a nin greatest hits album. Why and why?

It would have been nice to hear nin perform Everything live. I think the live incarnation would have helped me get a better feel for it. The studio version is elusive to me.

According to Trent,

Oh it's interesting to hear that from Trent. Kool that he explained it a bit.

And yeah including that in a greatest hits album does seem strange. But at the same time, I feel it could belong their because of it's unusual sound, and the lyrics that suggest a new Trent Reznor that has emerged. Then a gain, a lot of songs suggest his new being I would say.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't remember if I asked this before or not, but didn't someone make a PDF of all the Year Zero related websites? If so, does anyone have a copy. Could have swore I remember someone doing that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Oh it's interesting to hear that from Trent. Kool that he explained it a bit.

And yeah including that in a greatest hits album does seem strange. But at the same time, I feel it could belong their because of it's unusual sound, and the lyrics that suggest a new Trent Reznor that has emerged. Then a gain, a lot of songs suggest his new being I would say.
    At this point it seems like Trent has distanced himself from Everything. I think the mixed reception from fans frustrated him about it. At this point if a nin greatest hits album were to drop tomorrow and any songs from HM were included on it, I think they’d probably be copy of a and/or came back haunted.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think I deleted my copy of Option 30's album and it's not on the bandcamp where I'm sure it was last time ( http://timothyksmithtribute.bandcamp...option-30-live )

Anyone know of a copy~

(purely for Der Kommisar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think I deleted my copy of Option 30's album and it's not on the bandcamp where I'm sure it was last time ( http://timothyksmithtribute.bandcamp...option-30-live )

Anyone know of a copy~

(purely for Der Kommisar)
    Just downloaded it from the link you posted (thanks).

Edit: You probably meant a studio album, right? Sorry!
    Last edited by AMBFCHD; 05-27-2015 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What do you all think of Everything? It's supposed to sound like an indie rock/alternative rock song with an underlying Nine Inch Nails-ness to it right? That was my impression. I thought the instrumentation was supposed to be intentionally ironic that way.
    I got a huge grin on my face the first time I heard it. I actually think it's a pretty fantastic song. It fits weirdly on HM though, I prefer to listen to it on its own.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post

According to Trent,

Oh man now that I just listened to a Joy Devision song, Digital, I can totally here the similarities; the chorusy bass and guitars, the repeating vocals, the way the parts get louder and louder for a bit, the way the drums sound...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I know this is somewhat delving into fantasy realm, but do you guys think, with the apple music streaming service launch next week, we'll get something NIN related? It's being said that one of the big draws for the Apple music streaming service is exclusive content. I wonder if some of that exclusive content may be NIN.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    I know this is somewhat delving into fantasy realm, but do you guys think, with the apple music streaming service launch next week, we'll get something NIN related? It's being said that one of the big draws for the Apple music streaming service is exclusive content. I wonder if some of that exclusive content may be NIN.
    I fucking hope not. I've ranted about exclusive content to a platform before, so basically: don't cut out the majority of your audience for a paycheque.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A while back someone posted that Mark Romanek had stated in some interview \ chat thing he was working on something with Trent. Perhaps some video related to the launch? I doubt NIN is mainstream enough for an apple launch though, I read some speculation that Drake and Pharrel might be doing some exclusive content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    A while back someone posted that Mark Romanek had stated in some interview \ chat thing he was working on something with Trent. Perhaps some video related to the launch? I doubt NIN is mainstream enough for an apple launch though, I read some speculation that Drake and Pharrel might be doing some exclusive content
    I was thinking more of NIN contributing some content to the overall scheme, with the other major names taking the forefront of exclusive content. It's an interesting prospect. With Trent so involved in the streaming service, I wouldn't be surprised if he was at least approached with the idea of contributing some content.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Does anyone know all the bands that Josh Freese toured with?
    The Vandals, Devo, APC, NIN, Weezer, The Replacements, Sting, did I miss much?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Does anyone know all the bands that Josh Freese toured with?
    The Vandals, Devo, APC, NIN, Weezer, The Replacements, Sting, did I miss much?
    Sublime with Rome and Paramore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It's funny that towards the end of the interview Trent mentions making up for lost time and ends with saying he feels more ready to do it than ever. Funny because from here he went on a tear, pretty much giving us something every single year leading to HM and GG. It's no wonder he's now burned out. In that 10 years since this interview he has really delivered. Question is: now is he back in that period between 97 to 05? Obviously slowing down for very different reasons.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It's funny that towards the end of the interview Trent mentions making up for lost time and ends with saying he feels more ready to do it than ever. Funny because from here he went on a tear, pretty much giving us something every single year leading to HM and GG. It's no wonder he's now burned out. In that 10 years since this interview he has really delivered. Question is: now is he back in that period between 97 to 05? Obviously slowing down for very different reasons.
    We still had a Reznor original release every year from 97-05 (and since then too), I doubt he's even burned out, he's just doing other stuff.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    We still had a Reznor original release every year from 97-05 (and since then too), I doubt he's even burned out, he's just doing other stuff.
    I know Quake, Perfect Drug soundtrack, i'm Afraid of Americans was 1997, what was 1998? Also if And All that could have been was 2002, what was 2001, 2003 and 2004?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I know Quake, Perfect Drug soundtrack, i'm Afraid of Americans was 1997, what was 1998? Also if And All that could have been was 2002, what was 2001, 2003 and 2004?
    98 was Black Bomb that he wrote, created, built, sculpted etc. Also a few remixes (including his first 12 Rounds one, thus his first Atticus collab) and 2wo's album production
    2001 was Deep
    2003 was his Peter Gabriel remix
    2004 was Jakalope's production, the Zach de la Rocha track and, if you allow it, that's the year we got Passive

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    1998 = some remixes (something from Puff Daddy, U2)
    2001 = Deep
    2003 = Tapeworm Peter Gabriel remix
    2004 = TDS Deluxe, Jakalope, Zack de la Rocha

Also, aren't you guys dismissing 2015 too early? It's only June!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Also, aren't you guys dismissing 2015 too early? It's only June!
    Well, there's no score we know of he's involved in (and Atticus having 3 this year kinda implies he won't), HTDA's been quiet, he's busy with the fruit music thing ... I'd be surprised if we got an album. But then again, he has a 30 year streak almost of music releases every year, if he actually knows that maybe he'll just put out something to keep it going :P

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Creating the Apple Music notifications.
    *ding* "OMG I need the mp3 for this, please someone PM me you guys!!!"

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Well, there's no score we know of he's involved in (and Atticus having 3 this year kinda implies he won't), HTDA's been quiet, he's busy with the fruit music thing ... I'd be surprised if we got an album. But then again, he has a 30 year streak almost of music releases every year, if he actually knows that maybe he'll just put out something to keep it going :P
    Think, how many times in recent years it's been like "btw I was less than honest with you... Ding! here's new free NIN album! Here's An Omen EP! Here's some random instrumental for Tetsuo film or Call of Duty game! Oh wait here's also Hesitation Marks!" Trent's silence and lack of news doesn't mean absolutely anything. For all we know he can be making a new album with David Bowie right about now, and no one would spill a word about it until it's done.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    98 was Black Bomb that he wrote, created, built, sculpted etc. Also a few remixes (including his first 12 Rounds one, thus his first Atticus collab) and 2wo's album production
    2001 was Deep
    2003 was his Peter Gabriel remix
    2004 was Jakalope's production, the Zach de la Rocha track and, if you allow it, that's the year we got Passive
    Did he release anything in 1996 that didn't involve Marilyn Manson?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Did he release anything in 1996 that didn't involve Marilyn Manson?
    Quake OST, Lost Highway