Page 121 of 215 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I remember reading that some time back. After reading that again it’s tough to know what to think.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    That's not really how he does things. As almost all albums are concept albums, it's not "write song one, write songs two", it's more a steady growth of music and ideas. He could mess around in the new studio and make a song in a few days, or he could spend months in there and use none of it. He doesn't really do demos - which is why we have sadly so few.
    Sadly, i wish that was something he did more. I am an "album" lover, prefering songs to be part of a greater whole and listening to them as such... but ive always liked the "one off" NIN songs... TPD, Deep, Tetsuo, maybe Burn (i know they are soundtrack songs). In this day and age he could totally release songs one at a time or an EP online or however he wanted. Those songs tend to be different, more experimental because they ARENT part of a greater whole. The unique songs are usually my favorite. Those songs may be bad examples of what i mean because the greater whole is the movie. Maybe those songs were written with that in mind or maybe not. But you guys know what i mean. I think.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Sadly, i wish that was something he did more. I am an "album" lover, prefering songs to be part of a greater whole and listening to them as such... but ive always liked the "one off" NIN songs... TPD, Deep, Tetsuo, maybe Burn (i know they are soundtrack songs). In this day and age he could totally release songs one at a time or an EP online or however he wanted. Those songs tend to be different, more experimental because they ARENT part of a greater whole. The unique songs are usually my favorite. Those songs may be bad examples of what i mean because the greater whole is the movie. Maybe those songs were written with that in mind or maybe not. But you guys know what i mean. I think.
    I'm an album lover to the end, like I'll not even use shuffle for a disc. Not having as many standalone songs in exchange for the depth of NIN albums is totally ok to me. Whilst soundtrack songs don't really deserve to go on an album (looking at you, Dead Souls on TDS-Japan), generally I'd hate it if NIN did the route of like, The Doors, and had dozens of songs that were just out there, by themselves without belonging.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm an album lover to the end, like I'll not even use shuffle for a disc. Not having as many standalone songs in exchange for the depth of NIN albums is totally ok to me.
    Agreed, but i cant imagine we are going to get many more full NIN albums. Who knows. But i would be for one offs or short EP's over nothing. Something different.

God i remember wanting the Japan TDS so bad when i was in high school because of Dead Souls. I had the Crow but i was already a completist at that point. I almost bought the Fist Fuck box set before i knew it wasnt official.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    One-offs over nothing yes, but EPs of "here's some music" over full LPs, never. If Trent's having a slow month/year, then put out Still 2 or similar, some new takes on old songs with a few tracks that don't fit anywhere interspersed, that's fine. But not to replace albums.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I thought that it has been established he's spending a year writing songs for this Fight Club musical, but I imagine still writing NIN on the side (or htda even). Since NIN isn't a 'songs' band this will be way outside the comfort zone writing songs for someone else to sing. My main worry with this is not being able to hear it or see it though. I can't even hazard a guess as to what it will sound like

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I thought that it has been established he's spending a year writing songs for this Fight Club musical, but I imagine still writing NIN on the side (or htda even). Since NIN isn't a 'songs' band this will be way outside the comfort zone writing songs for someone else to sing. My main worry with this is not being able to hear it or see it though. I can't even hazard a guess as to what it will sound like
    Trent will never write NIN "on the side" . He has reiterated over and over that he enjoys the scores and other work as a compliment to his day job, which is NIN. If he is indeed doing the Fight Club musical thing, that's what he'll be doing on the side. Not the other way around.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    How did I miss this?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    How did I miss this?

You missed an instrumental cover version of CBH? That's the kinda thing I would deliberately miss..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You missed an instrumental cover version of CBH? That's the kinda thing I would deliberately miss..
    Well, it's probably the closest thing to a full HM instrumental track we're ever going to get.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Well, it's probably the closest thing to a full HM instrumental track we're ever going to get.
    CBH, Copy of A and Everything all have instrumental versions. All you have to do is track down the radio promos - the instrumentals exist, we just don't have them right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    CBH, Copy of A and Everything all have instrumental versions. All you have to do is track down the radio promos - the instrumentals exist, we just don't have them right now.
    Radio promos?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Radio promos?
    Audio snippets used for promotional purpose and broadcast on radio.
    But, as @sheepdean said, we don't have them, and they're not available, except as background tracks for HM promos.

But that's kind of a moot point anyway ; Lacking availability, knowing they're "here" is no better for us than being aware that Reznor has every instrumental version of every existing track on drive. It's pretty much as useful to us as knowing the raw files exist. Sure they are, and they could be hosted on a server orbiting Pluto for all that's worth...

Yeah I'll disagree on that, the guy's way too happy to share his work, and Hesitation Marks instrumentals are bound to surface, sooner or later.
    Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, I don't care about instrumental covers either. I'm interested in what's going on in the original track, not in whatshisname's interpretation of it...
    Last edited by Khrz; 07-30-2015 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was there more than one song from HM played on the radio? On my local alternative station I just heard Came Back Haunted less than a handful of times. And that was it. Curios to know if other stations played more songs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Was there more than one song from HM played on the radio? On my local alternative station I just heard Came Back Haunted less than a handful of times. And that was it. Curios to know if other stations played more songs.
    We had Everything in the UK (in fact it premiered on BBC Radio 1), and I heard Copy of A on the radio a couple of times I'm sure. Radio is a very international affair, you'd be amazed what some countries consider singles for some artists

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Radio promos?
    See here: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...-Instrumental)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah I think Copy of A made it to the french radio stations... That said, I don't listen to the radio, so I don't know if any other tracks made it there, but I doubt it. Most of the radios are extremely commercial and have ridiculous mandatory quotas of local artists broadcasts, so given the popularity of NIN around here, I believe that's the only single we heard here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even here in Argentina NIN is like a cult band which it isn't the same as a popular band.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Was Trent singing Look Sharp and Eyes Without a Face with the same band or different ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Was Trent singing Look Sharp and Eyes Without a Face with the same band or different ones?
    Gotta Look Sharp was with Option 30
    Eyes Without A Face was with The Urge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always thought that option 30 was a depeche mode wannabe band. If you saw any video Trent even copied the same moves that Gahan did, back in the day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    By the way, I'm still waiting the so-called year zero pt,2. Trent just do the freaking thing is not difficult to continue the story without taking drugs. Even Scott Weiland wrote better lyrics when he was not under the influence of drugs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Dude, you need to quit posting multiple times in a row. This isn't a chat room. If no one posted after you and you have something else to add, just edit your last post!

Quote Originally Posted by angry_sniper1990 View Post
    By the way, I'm still waiting the so-called year zero pt,2. Trent just do the freaking thing is not difficult to continue the story without taking drugs. Even Scott Weiland wrote better lyrics when he was not under the influence of drugs.
    Pretty sure all that went into the proposed TV series, which is now either in development hell or impossible. If you want a music sequel, listen to Welcome Oblivion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry bro, this is the only place I can do catharsis without anyone saying me what the fuck I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angry_sniper1990 View Post
    Trent was clean and sober well before YZ was written. Him not being on drugs now isn't what's keeping him from writing it.
    The plan was for the continuation of the YZ story to come from the TV series. While it's not dead, the project is kinda in limbo right now. Last time anything official was said, they hadn't found writers they liked for the project. He does want to continue it in some form, but I can imagine right now it's not his #1 priority.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can anyone point out the Alphabet St. sample in Ringfinger???? For the life of me, I can't hear it in there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Can anyone point out the Alphabet St. sample in Ringfinger???? For the life of me, I can't hear it in there.
    http://www.whosampled.com/sample/178...-Alphabet-St./

If it wasn't written in the credits, nobody would know. I, for one, am a quite big Prince fan but didn't noticed this at all until I saw PHM credits.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    On The Frail (Version) at 2:21-22 whose sampled breathing is that? Any way of knowing?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    On The Frail (Version) at 2:21-22 whose sampled breathing is that? Any way of knowing?
    Mine and @tony.parente 's during a heated orgasm.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Mine and @tony.parente's during a heated orgasm.
    I see what @kleiner352 is talking about ; I don't envy your sex life guys...