Page 21 of 216 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hell, I still think NIN on Letterman would be nice. Mastodon pulled it off - twice.

So anyway, what's Danny Lohner up to these days?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Danny's already said nope.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can honestly picture Trent and the gang on Conan O'Brien or The Colbert Report.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Danny's already said nope.
    Yes, I know, but what is he currently doing, other than soundtrack work?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    When was The Good Soldier "released" as a "single"?
    Maybe it was a planned single that Trent abandoned once the situation at Interscope dissolved into the two sides throwing shit at each other.

Or was that 1993?

1,000,000 was never a single either. The track list (particularly the end of it) probably includes those songs because Trent thinks they sound good as singles.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    1,000,000 charted on the radio, think. Possibly the same with TGS, but I don't know.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    bummed that “definitive” playlist has Suck as single instead of Physical actually released as one.
    however, neither had a video while Gave Up had two. and played live much more.
    whose mistake?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    would it really hurt the NIN camp to release a press image of Trent, other than the one below? everywhere i turn i see it. it's permanently in my facebook sidebar as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a favor to ask:

I guess most of you are crazy collectors like me (physical and digitally), so maybe you can understand my peril: When "Keep it together" and "Came Back Haunted" first leaked, Rob made these little Youtube-videos of the song playing on analogue tape-decks.

And me, living behind The Great Firewall, was never able to see them. But never mind, they ended up on Vimeo, Soundcloud, Zippyshare... so I was fine.

Yesterday I found the CBC-video on a russian Youtube-clone & that reminded me again: I still don't have the original videos, especially not in HD.

So my question is this: If a fellow NIN-completionist managed to rip them in high resolution from the VEVO-channel, could he or she please share them with me? Maybe in a dropbox-folder? If so, please PM me - and I'll owe you a favor.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I think he coppoed it from a band. The concept of Bleedthrough was copped from some novel though...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    I have a favor to ask:

I guess most of you are crazy collectors like me (physical and digitally), so maybe you can understand my peril: When "Keep it together" and "Came Back Haunted" first leaked, Rob made these little Youtube-videos of the song playing on analogue tape-decks.

And me, living behind The Great Firewall, was never able to see them. But never mind, they ended up on Vimeo, Soundcloud, Zippyshare... so I was fine.

Yesterday I found the CBC-video on a russian Youtube-clone & that reminded me again: I still don't have the original videos, especially not in HD.

So my question is this: If a fellow NIN-completionist managed to rip them in high resolution from the VEVO-channel, could he or she please share them with me? Maybe in a dropbox-folder? If so, please PM me - and I'll owe you a favor.
    Here you go:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/81lzg1fy5ts2i7s/36WOhM-8_e

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Driving me bloody nuts: I cannot recall the poet (I think) from whom Trent copped the phrase/title "with teeth." Burroughs? I recall the context, but not the author and, bizarrely, google is not helping me.
    With Teeth I'm not sure but the early stages of it was inspired by the Lathe of Heaven

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    With Teeth I'm not sure but the early stages of it was inspired by the Lathe of Heaven
    Pretty sure that phrase doesn't appear in LOH, I read it recently.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Which one is that - I have the NIN one and could upload it if you've put up the HTDA one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Which one is that - I have the NIN one and could upload it if you've put up the HTDA one.
    Its a link to both of them in a folder.
    Last edited by Pyract; 06-12-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any way to get the We're In This Together song with the video intro outside of ripping the audio from the video. If not, what's the best video source to rip it from?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokononist View Post
    Is there any way to get the We're In This Together song with the video intro outside of ripping the audio from the video. If not, what's the best video source to rip it from?
    probably the version up on the , as it's the highest quality available (to my knowledge).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokononist View Post
    probably the version up on the , as it's the highest quality available (to my knowledge).
    skip that and get The Fragile music videos DVD torrented by yourfutureenemy — it's got low-gen transfers of every video, including the full 8-minute Pellington edit of WITT with an even longer (right?) intro and full PCM audio.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    It's been awhile since I've read LOH, but afterward I listened to WT and a lot of the album feels different contextually when applied to LOH concepts. Pretty neat =)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a random question. Was there an old NIN video game? I kind of remember it from the old ETS, but not sure.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    I have a random question. Was there an old NIN video game? I kind of remember it from the old ETS, but not sure.
    If you're talking about one that was like an RPG, here's this one:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nptubdo0b5eozg7/ninrpg.zip

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I wonder why instrumentals are available for TDS and Year Zero and not The Fragile... I'd love instrumentals for TF.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I wonder why instrumentals are available for TDS and Year Zero and not The Fragile... I'd love instrumentals for TF.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're intended to be released with TFDE (circa 23rd Century)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're intended to be released with TFDE (circa 23rd Century)
    Yeah, good point. I'll wait until 'soon' then. Whenever that is...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

whaaat

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post

Where can I acquire these instrumentals you speak of?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Where can I acquire these instrumentals you speak of?
    http://remix.nin.com/ under 'featued playlists' further down the page.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    If you're talking about one that was like an RPG, here's this one:https://www.dropbox.com/s/nptubdo0b5eozg7/ninrpg.zip
    Thank you! I couldn't find it searching and started t think I had imagined it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So has the new red shirt sold out already? I can't seem to find it on the merch site.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    So has the new red shirt sold out already? I can't seem to find it on the merch site.
    I just observed the same thing in Random NIN Thoughts and RJK kindly pointed out

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    When they were up it said only available for preorder until 6-14.
    Edit

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Yes, I know, but what is he currently doing, other than soundtrack work?
    Does anyone have a clue why Danny's reluctant? I was never sure which way around that was, whether he was reluctant or whether TR didn't want him back for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the response, guess I'll be saving that money then.