Page 71 of 216 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if Die Warzau sampled NIN in their song Liberated (off 1994 album Engine) ? Or are both bands using the same sample and if so where's the sample from? Its the very first opening sound from Sin. I recognised it instantly when listening to Liberated.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    the "Sin" opening loop is usually agreed to be a sample from Eric B. & Rakim's "Paid in Full," which in turn is sampling "Change the Beat" by Fab 5 Freddy. that's the intro, though... i've never heard someone suggest the end synth is sampled.

it's more likely Die Warzau had one of the same keyboards and that was a stock sound.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 05-22-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever said anything about why Last was omitted from the Broken movie? This song has always seemed like the bastard song from that record, even though it's fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Does every single album contain hidden samples and hidden sounds?

I think that would be just about right. I was aware of some of the hidden things in Year Zero and Ghosts I-IV as far as post-The Fragile albums went. I was also surprised to see that With Teeth had hidden samples in it as well. I'm also just wondering if there is an album that has no hidden samples and hidden sounds. I also haven't read up on them that much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Charlie Clouser's over on www.gearslutz.com answering questions regarding the recording and performance of NIN material. Thread is 'Nine Inch Nails synths.' Might be old news, but its new to me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Atticus co-wrote most of Ghosts I–IV, along with Adrian Belew and Brian Viglione co-writing one track each.
    I was just flipping through this thread randomly and saw that somehow I had "face palmed" this post at some unknown point in the past. Off topic but that was totally accidental and apologies!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Charlie Clouser's over on www.gearslutz.com answering questions regarding the recording and performance of NIN material. Thread is 'Nine Inch Nails synths.' Might be old news, but its new to me.
    He hasn't posted since September. But here's a direct link to the thread.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When did Al Jourgensen start "disliking" or "hating" Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor as a person, and why?

I just remembered to ask this, and I can't imagine what Trent would've done to have gotten on Al's bad side. Was Al just acting up and playing around? (I also doubt if what he said about Trent was entirely true.) I've also noticed that some, or even lots of Ministry and Nine Inch Nails fans have suspected that it also could've been based on jealously. However, Trent always seemed to take it very well, as that never lead him to hurl any actual/serious insults back at Al.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Does every single album contain hidden samples and hidden sounds?

I think that would be just about right. I was aware of some of the hidden things in Year Zero and Ghosts I-IV as far as post-The Fragile albums went. I was also surprised to see that With Teeth had hidden samples in it as well. I'm also just wondering if there is an album that has no hidden samples and hidden sounds. I also haven't read up on them that much.
    These ​ are all the samples I know of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    When did Al Jourgensen start "disliking" or "hating" Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor as a person, and why?

I just remembered to ask this, and I can't imagine what Trent would've done to have gotten on Al's bad side. Was Al just acting up and playing around? (I also doubt if what he said about Trent was entirely true.) I've also noticed that some, or even lots of Ministry and Nine Inch Nails fans have suspected that it also could've been based on jealously. However, Trent always seemed to take it very well, as that never lead him to hurl any actual/serious insults back at Al.

Al Jourgensen tells it how it is I guess. Back on planet earth...

In all honesty I love em both so ... the other question is Why can't we get Chris and Richard back on tour with NIN!
    Last edited by nxtort; 05-21-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Al was great from 1986 through 1992...everything post 1992 has been an embarrassment, especially the last decade of Ministry albums which are the epitome of pure shit....Al just went to rehab a few months ago so he's as fucked up as ever

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nxtort View Post

Al Jourgensen tells it how it is I guess. Back on planet earth...
    Trent and Morrissey. That will be pretty funny to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Al was great from 1986 through 1992...everything post 1992 has been an embarrassment, especially the last decade of Ministry albums which are the epitome of pure shit....Al just went to rehab a few months ago so he's as fucked up as ever
    It's drifted form 90's Ministry, but lots of good stuff since good old 92. I guess there are over 30 option/options on that however. Check out warp city, Side F/X Mikey's Middle Finger, some tracks on Mixxes of the Mole again I am sure its a matter of opinion, but there are some great songs...

"Hey kiddies...today is officially my 100th day sober...I think I get some kind of chip or medallion for that shit.
    Still going thru some shit but will get back with y'all when I can...hate to say this but I kinda miss all you MOTHER FUCKERS!!!" - Alien Jourgensen via Faceb,
    Last edited by nxtort; 05-22-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Whatever happened about that interview with Lisa Fischer that someone on the forum was going to conduct and post?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Whatever happened about that interview with Lisa Fischer that someone on the forum was going to conduct and post?
    we've been having scheduling conflicts and various other things in the world of Underneath It All but it is still most likely happening. don't you worry!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What's with the new banner on nin.com?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    What's with the new banner on nin.com?
    looks like they're posting random pics from where they're playing next, like they did during the 2006 amphitheater tour.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    NIN.com's homepage is literally a tumblr feed, Rob what happened to that beautiful site design talent you showed back in WT

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara
    Back before Jakalope released its first album, there was a mini-site with a few slightly infuriating flash puzzles. In particular, there was a page where the image of a frog could be revealed. When the puzzle was completed, a short clip from an unreleased 'froggy remix' of the song Pretty Life played in the background. At the time, there was some speculation as to whether this was a NIN remix. My question is: was this ever confirmed to be done by NIN? And also: does anyone have an mp3 of this remix?
    Quote Originally Posted by nxtort View Post
    Anyone find this? Found this, but I doubt it's what we are looking for.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/son...+(Death+Remix)
    I've never heard that Death remix before, but it's not the same one. The 'froggy remix' was extremely sparse; pretty much just a drum machine and the vocals.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    There was a Trent interview about the Year Zero ARG that had an "ARG" of its own; several letters were highlighted, and you had to fill them in some blank paragraphs. If you filled them all, you would be taken to the second half of the interview, I think. Anyone has a link?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    NIN.com's homepage is literally a tumblr feed, Rob what happened to that beautiful site design talent you showed back in WT
    As far as tumblr feeds go it's still a great design IMHO

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    looks like they're posting random pics from where they're playing next, like they did during the 2006 amphitheater tour.
    Loved that at the time, glad it's back, even if it just highlights the grey and rain we have.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Loved that at the time, glad it's back, even if it just highlights the grey and rain we have.
    i loved it, too. i saved the picture taken in downtown boise the day of that show, with the logo and the "tonight's show" overlay. it's still in my uploads on facebook.

the british pics have been really cool so far. i missed the one of last night's crowd, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ok, since this thread is titled "Random NIN Question", and I don't think the question deserves it's own thread, here goes: Who among the concert-going fans here thinks that Hurt should be retired as the last song in the live setlist? Every now and then I hear about "In this twilight" or something being used as the last song, but it seems like 99% of the time, he ends the show with Hurt.

I like Hurt. I don't want Hurt to be forever associated with the sense of a great experience coming to an unavoidable end. It's enough that Hurt is the last track on The Downward Spiral, but for an artist who is constantly talking about avoiding predictability and staying fresh (which he has done wonderfully in every area accept the topic at hand) Hurt as the last song is the most reliable, most predictable, most unfortunate aspect of modern NIN in my opinion.

I don't think TR should omit Hurt from the setlist by the way. It is one of the most famous and recognizable NIN songs out there (although many people, including a recent reporter for AP think that Reznor is simply covering a Johnny Cash tune...which is annoying). Trent loves to sing it, and should be having fun while performing. Hurt should simply be played earlier in the night.

Yes it's a slow song, and that might conflict with the general NIN sound if dropped abruptly between, say, In Two and Wish...but NIN setlists have a tendency to go between loud and soft several times each set. Actually, I think Hurt would be ideal as an opener for a tour. It starts soft, but builds in intensity in a wonderfully sneaky way. The kind of energy that Hurt ends with could be a great launching point for the rest of the set. Those who came just to hear that song would be instantly gratified, and familiar NIN concert goers would know from the first song that things were going to be switched up from the usual template.

So the question, again, is Who else want's Hurt to be removed as the final song in a Nine Inch Nails setlist?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I personally would love that. I think a lot of the "setlist issues" could be solved simply by flipping things around not necessarily by playing new older tracks (although you can't go wrong doing that either). I'd probably keep HLAH as the closer, at least before an encore. But otherwise I think you could move up THTF very early in the set and it change the dynamics of the finale nicely. Almost place it in March of the Pigs territory as that first crowd goes wild song. I'd also move Hurt to the end of the glitch session in the middle of the set as almost a transitional piece. Play a few year zero songs, and/or copy of a and then close out that mini set with Hurt, and then re-open back up with a Somewhat Damaged or something along those lines. Stuff like that would do wonders to freshen things up a bit I think.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not really into the idea of removing Hurt from setlists but then i remember songs like The great below or Right where it belongs...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Where did that quote come from on the main www.echoingthesound.org page? About silence etc? A user here?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by too_long_DR View Post
    ok, since this thread is titled "Random NIN Question", and I don't think the question deserves it's own thr, ead, here goes: Who among the concert-going fans here thinks that Hurt should be retired as the last song in the live setlist? Every now and then I hear about "In this twilight" or something being used as the last song, but it seems like 99% of the time, he ends the show with Hurt.
    Personally, I could do without it. But I'm going to like a Nine Inch Nails concert basically no matter what he does.

However, I'm always astounded at the number of posts I see from casual fans, especially people who haven't seen him before, who mention that the concert closing with "Hurt" was the highlight of the evening. Perfect way to close the show. Etc. etc. etc. People fucking love it. He knows it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Where did that quote come from on the main www.echoingthesound.org page? About silence etc? A user here?
    For some reason I think it's a @DigitalChaos quote that Levi lifted from a forum discussion.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    So I googled "The worst that seems to happen here is ambivalence/silence" and would you believe Google returned the original source as the first result? C'mon lazyweb