Page 52 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Question about pre-sales

I read somewhere that NIN get 10% of tickets for the presales. If they play, say the 02 arena in London does this mean that 5% of GA and 5% of seated tickets are sold in the presale or are ALL GA tickets sold in the pre-sale? The reason I ask is that I don't really want the restrictions of presale as I had to sell my depeche mode ticket earlier this year for family reasons, and this won't be possible if I have to be there to get the tickets personally. I want to wait for general sale but want to know whether the GA will all be gone by this time

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    In 2009 you could get seats in the presale - those who got them were sat on the right hand side in the block closest to the stage (not the ones that are almost behind the stage, the first set of decent ones).

Also yeah only a portion of the tickets go to presale. the majority are still general sale. 10% was quoted in 2009 on the MT page (I think) so I'd probably go with that assumption again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    in this tour in the US, you could definitely get seats in the pre-sale. a bunch of us had/have seated pre-sale tickets. unless there's something weird about the O2 arena that i don't know (like an extremely small floor), there will be plenty of GA tickets still available. if the US tour is any indication, you shouldn't feel like you have to get tickets you don't want since the ones you do want will likely come around.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Someone posted a link somewhere, we figured it out after the festival run was over (still arguing/speculating after MIA in Philly), they're multiple hundreds of dollars.

Yeah. I remember seeing them. I believe they were sold out too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @orestes posted the link, IIRC

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Which reminded me to look for someone on the ETS list...

24.24.2.2788 teitan [Incarcerated]

So, I guess this means at the end of Survivalism, the band isn't killed, but just arrested? The Exhibit list is open about killed resistance members, so it isn't like they would hide his death...
    This reminded me that there was something odd in the coding of the page that Bwary and I discovered way back in the day... I had to look it up to see what it was.
    Probably not at all significant, but something that was worth noting nonetheless... in the source code for http://www.exhibit24.net/net1.htm there was an extra line where "Trent Reznor" would have been on the list. (No effect on the website, it was just in the code that you see it.)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I also heard a cheering crowd in Down In It and Piggy. I've often wondered if that was some sort of a satirical piss-take at fame, and how superficial and destructive it can be. I'm not saying that's exactly why, but I've always imagined that to be the case. It's just my two cents on that matter.
    I've always sort of struggled with the crowd in RWIB. I imagine, at heart, it probably is a pretty superficial commentary on fame and his personal situation. But, I really don't like that interpretation because I think it is way too lame for such a beautiful song. I think another interpretation that fits with the song is the realization that we're all performing roles, and the theme of the song (and, indeed, the triptych there at the end) is coming in to accept that we're playing a role.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My opinion: With Teeth is about dealing with a newly sober existence, and it seems the album descends to contemplating a relapse somewhere around With Teeth to Sunspots. The subsequent tracks are a journey through the decision of who Trent (or concept protagonist, w/e) wants to be, and Right Where It Belongs is the re-emergence of Trent as a rock star after all that time and all that pain - a moment crystalised in the travel samples early in the song, followed by the crowd noise we're discussing. He's survived, though scarred... one might say haunted... by the process. Issues that are still being addressed, it would seem.

So that's the significance of the crowd in that song, as far as I'm concerned. Also wraps up the album nicely, as With Teeth opens with Trent wondering if he still has a voice worth hearing, and closes with him being heard.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This reminds me actually ask the following question about The Fragile and With Teeth. Did anybody else notice that outside of ETS and NIN.com, that With Teeth and its songs are actually discussed far more than The Fragile?

I could see why the albums and hits from Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, and The Downward Spiral are easily remembered, but it really does seem like people fast-forward from The Downward Spiral to With Teeth, as if The Fragile never happened. The same could probably be said for Year Zero and Ghosts I-IV with all the buzz The Slip got at the time too. As far as his 2000s albums, perhaps With Teeth and The Slip are his most popular works, and Hesitation Marks is sort of like With Teeth all over again, and I really mean that in a good way.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-25-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    My opinion: With Teeth is about dealing with a newly sober existence, and it seems the album descends to contemplating a relapse somewhere around With Teeth to Sunspots. The subsequent tracks are a journey through the decision of who Trent (or concept protagonist, w/e) wants to be, and Right Where It Belongs is the re-emergence of Trent as a rock star after all that time and all that pain - a moment crystalised in the travel samples early in the song, followed by the crowd noise we're discussing. He's survived, though scarred... one might say haunted... by the process. Issues that are still being addressed, it would seem.

So that's the significance of the crowd in that song, as far as I'm concerned. Also wraps up the album nicely, as With Teeth opens with Trent wondering if he still has a voice worth hearing, and closes with him being heard.
    that's a totally valid interpretation that kills any enjoyment of the song for me, to be honest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I've always sort of struggled with the crowd in RWIB. I imagine, at heart, it probably is a pretty superficial commentary on fame and his personal situation. But, I really don't like that interpretation because I think it is way too lame for such a beautiful song. I think another interpretation that fits with the song is the realization that we're all performing roles, and the theme of the song (and, indeed, the triptych there at the end) is coming in to accept that we're playing a role.
    the crowd could just represent a crowd, too, as in a large group of people (others). not necessarily one that's cheering trent on. the way i interpret the song, i think the word "fame" is a little too narrow . . i think it's about something that regular (non-famous) people experience, too.

the crowd noise also makes a sort of straightforward connection between RWIB and "getting smaller" and "all the love in the world", which both mention "crowds" . . although trent is a "rockstar" and the songs seem to be personal, i don't think those songs are about being famous either, but more about being one person in a world with many.
    Last edited by m15a; 10-25-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been on a mega Year Zero geekfest for the last few weeks (actually, make that the last six years), been reading over some of the old sites and interviews and trying to recapture the thrill of the experience. Can anyone recommend any books, series or comics that are in a similar vein to that record?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    @orestes posted the link, IIRC
    Yeah they're drop crotch shorts from Rick Owens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey sorry to keep on about this but I think I've been misunderstood.
    When I said I wanted download "Exhibit 24" (at least that's what I remember it being called), It was a folder with images (great quality) of all the YZ ARG pages and more. I was linked to it here back when ETS was pure grey :P. Quite a large folder I believe too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    Hey sorry to keep on about this but I think I've been misunderstood.
    When I said I wanted download "Exhibit 24" (at least that's what I remember it being called), It was a folder with images (great quality) of all the YZ ARG pages and more. I was linked to it here back when ETS was pure grey :P. Quite a large folder I believe too.
    i believe you can torrent it now. that's the one that was set up so you could print out your own full color, hi-res copy, i think? i remember downloading it via torrent myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah thats the one im talking about but seriously having difficulty finding it online. Infact, all my trusted go-to torrent sites don't work anymore or are banned by the UK's government :/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yeah thats the one im talking about but seriously having difficulty finding it online. Infact, all my trusted go-to torrent sites don't work anymore or are banned by the UK's government :/
    if you give me some time, i can try and upload the whole thing to my dropbox when i get home. no guaruntees, my connection is iffy some days and it's a big file if i remember correctly, but if i can get it done i'll send you a link.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Proxies for those websites are pretty easy to find if you have a bit of a google.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    if you give me some time, i can try and upload the whole thing to my dropbox when i get home. no guaruntees, my connection is iffy some days and it's a big file if i remember correctly, but if i can get it done i'll send you a link.
    Much appreciated if this happens, thanks!

And yes I know about proxy sites and have been using them somewhat too, but even with that I'm saying I have not been able to find a good copy of the original thing. All the image files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever happened to...

I dug out my TDS & WT 5.1's today, and i remembered that there was supposed to be a Fragile 5.1 release. What ever happened to that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It'll be coming out "soon."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I believe last update was that it was either stuck in some sort of red tape, or they were working on the packaging, or maybe they were working on the packaging at the time but they had to deal with the red tape first, or idk problems.

I feel like we'll get it before the WT essay and evolved package but after the greatest hits album. aka we might actually get info on this in the next 2 years maybe?

Also, random NIN questions would have probably been an ok place to ask this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The title of this thread isn't that crazy considering all the aborted NIN related projects along the way... Tapeworm, Bleedthrough, Just do it, Year Zero TV series, Year Zero 2, TDTWWA 1st video, Adrian Belew, Everything vid... and so on.

The short answer is: They didn't happen, yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @hobochic, some of you will hate me but... I would not be surprised if there were no more "Ghost" series too...but many movie score.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    predictability? The milk man, the paper boy, evening T.V?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I went ahead and uploaded it this morning, it's going to take a few hours since it's 1.29gb and I don't have the fast internet connection around, but once it finished i'll pm you a link. should be about 5 or 6 hours from now, as i'll be at work and I won't have the chance to constantly check it. my phone should alert me when it's done though and I can generate a link from there. now, to be honest I haven't glanced in this folder for a loooooong time. everything that's in it was there when I downloaded it with no alterations, so if something's missing, I won't know until you get it and notice it gone. last I remember, it was complete though, so I don't expect to to have any issues.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 10-28-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    also, the original file was made by Raltenbach, an old ETS user who honestly I don't remember; if you are still here, let us know I guess so we can thank you for putting this together.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    okay, sorry for the triple posting and the thread kind of getting derailed, but Exhibit 24 is up on my dropbox. if anybody wants it, send me a PM. i have a limited amount of download bandwidth per day i think since i have a free account only, so if i get a mad rush i'll try and get it out to as many people as possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Would anyone know where to obtain a high res wallpaper version of this? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXs225ICcAA8i9Q.png