Page 174 of 215 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,220 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Do we have any idea if Dave Grohl recorded new drums for The Idea Of You or if they were well-archived leftovers from With Teeth? Wondering due to the possible Bleedthrough links with the concept and the fact that several NINWiki pages for NINJA tour sampler songs state that Dave Grohl only recorded drums in 2005 for NIN, although those pages presumably haven't been updated since the release of NTAE.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-25-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Never seen any confirmation of it, but I'd guess so. Some of Trent's vocals on that track also sound like they could have been from the With Teeth sessions, IMO (particularly "hey, can you hear? It gets so lonely in here").

I'd also be really interested to know the provenance of the Dave Navarro guitar on Burning Bright. AFAIK they've only worked together on the Butch Vig Piggy remix and the NINJA EP, so it's kind of a random pull to bring him into the studio just for the one song a decade later. I wonder if they'd started cooking up something else during the Jane's reunion, and that guitar sample was part of it that'd been gathering dust on a hard drive since then.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 05-25-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm looking for audio from the Tension 2013 tour. What's the best one? Is it the one uploaded on YT via VEVO?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I'm looking for audio from the Tension 2013 tour. What's the best one? Is it the one uploaded on YT via VEVO?
    Yes. It's only a partial show though. 1.25 hours of what was normally a 2 hour show. The only other soundboard source from Tension is the Austin City Limits show, which is only a 1 hour excerpt.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The only other soundboard source from Tension is the Austin City Limits show, which is only a 1 hour excerpt.
    It's also censored unfortunately.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Lots of good audience recordings on Reflecting in the Chrome's site too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Do we have any idea if Dave Grohl recorded new drums for The Idea Of You or if they were well-archived leftovers from With Teeth? Wondering due to the possible Bleedthrough links with the concept and the fact that several NINWiki pages for NINJA tour sampler songs state that Dave Grohl only recorded drums in 2005 for NIN, although those pages presumably haven't been updated since the release of NTAE.
    New recording. Additional recording engineers are credited on Not the Actual Events — presumably to record Grohl's live drums, and the new Navarro guitar parts on "Burning Bright" — they aren't the same ones credited on With Teeth.

The 2009 NIN/JA sessions that had Trent co-producing with Atticus and Alan Moulder resulted in new recordings for Jane's Addiction only; NIN's were recycled from earlier sessions. Navarro's tech Dan Cleary (who also guested with NIN onstage in 2009) stated he was at both sessions, and helped with the recording of fresh tracks for "Burning Bright".

I dunno how this rumour about those parts on the EP being outtakes got started.
    Last edited by botley; 05-25-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ Lots of good audience recordings on Reflecting in the Chrome's site too.

New recording. Additional recording engineers are credited on Not the Actual Events — presumably to record Grohl's live drums, and the new Navarro guitar parts on "Burning Bright" — they aren't the same ones credited on With Teeth.
    Thank you! This question has been on and off my mind since NTAE's credits came out.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I thought we were past the whole thing about parts of Not The Actual Events just being leftovers from previous albums just because Trent's voice sounded younger or because some of it sounded "old".
    Last edited by BRoswell; 05-25-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I thought we were past the whole thing about parts of Not The Actual Events just being leftovers from previous albums just because Trent's voice sounded younger or because some of it sounded "old".
    Well, the second side of the vinyl is the last three songs off The Downward Spiral played backwards.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    For me it had more to do with a combo of the personnel matching the Bleedthrough concept/WT era, the fact that there are supposedly still three unreleased songs from that era ...

... but mostly because of some confusing/outdated wording on a couple NINWiki pages (specifically on the one for Non-Entity) that state that With Teeth is the only time Dave Grohl recorded drums for NIN.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    ... but mostly because of some confusing/outdated wording on a couple NINWiki pages (specifically on the one for Non-Entity) that state that With Teeth is the only time Dave Grohl recorded drums for NIN.
    I fixed the "Non-Entity" page, is that the only one that needed it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I fixed the "Non-Entity" page, is that the only one that needed it?
    I just went back and looked at the ones I had been browsing and that one is the only one I could actually find. If I notice any others I'll post in the ninwiki topic, thanks!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Already posted that on reddit but,

How would you call the recent trilogy of records ?

Could have been The EP Trilogy, but it doesn't work. Now it's just The Trilogy. But that's too generic.

Why not find an appropriate name ? I'm sure lots of you could have great ideas. It was supposed to be a whole album at the beginning, Trent & Atticus just took a different approach this time.

Maybe something to do with the recurring narrative, lyrics..

As this is the bleedthourgh concept clearly presented, maybe something to do with that. Or something with the fact that "The idea of this three EP thing was all to find truth in us figuring out who we are now and how we fit into the world"...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    How about the Cold and Black and Infinite trilogy?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Already posted that on reddit but,

How would you call the recent trilogy of records ?
    I have been very boringly referring to it as the NTAE Trilogy, which I think was one of the earlier thread names here when the trilogy was announced, but maybe now, after Trent's explanation of the releases and the GBDTD lyric I'd call it ... The Answers Trilogy.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Is TNH no longer being updated? I noticed today that there is nothing posted about the new EP or tour and was curious to know if that page is slowly dying.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    How long has Trent Reznor been a part of the Innocence Project Artists' Committee? Half of the official site is broken, and I haven't seen his involvement documented anywhere else (ninwiki, etc.).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Is TNH no longer being updated? I noticed today that there is nothing posted about the new EP or tour and was curious to know if that page is slowly dying.

They seem to be active on Twitter, maybe they forgot their webpage admin logon info, lol.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've been obsessed with NIN for 26 years. Is there something wrong with me?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I've been obsessed with NIN for 26 years. Is there something wrong with me?
    I still live at home with my parents due to health issues, and I was posting here the other day and I had a holy shit epiphany: it could easily be 1996. I've been posting on NIN forums since I was in the sixth grade. I might as well be 12 years old.

I did go to college and graduate and live on my own before I got sick, but right now, I might as well have regressed more than 2/3rds of my life with my level of NIN fandom at the moment.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Can relate @Pbgut , chronic illness here too. Hang in there - you managed to get out there and achieve qualifications, so you're still way out ahead of 1996. Whenever there's an improvement in symptoms you can get straight out there and kick the world's behind, it'll still be out there waiting for you (unless there's another four years of President Trump perhaps).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Can relate @Pbgut , chronic illness here too. Hang in there - you managed to get out there and achieve qualifications, so you're still way out ahead of 1996. Whenever there's an improvement in symptoms you can get straight out there and kick the world's behind, it'll still be out there waiting for you (unless there's another four years of President Trump perhaps).
    Thank you very much, Vertigo. That is extremely kind. I wish you the best, as well.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Can someone help me find that pic from the with teeth era of nin dressed as cholos?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Can someone help me find that pic from the with teeth era of nin dressed as cholos?
    13th search result when you Google Image search "nine inch nails cholos":

https://twitter.com/iamtherealGOD/st...39995109019649

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    13th search result when you Google Image search "nine inch nails cholos":

https://twitter.com/iamtherealGOD/st...39995109019649
    Haha thank you. Not sure what’s up with the algorithm on my login for google but I searched every combo of nin/Trent/Mexican/cholo/Twiggy/jeordie/halloween/costume possible for about 35 minutes. It’s not on my image search lol

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Haha thank you. Not sure what’s up with the algorithm on my login for google but I searched every combo of nin/Trent/Mexican/cholo/Twiggy/jeordie/halloween/costume possible for about 35 minutes. It’s not on my image search lol
    maybe it's worried you're racist

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    maybe it's worried you're racist
    That makes me sad :/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Because you hate every race equally

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Can relate @Pbgut, chronic illness here too. Hang in there - you managed to get out there and achieve qualifications, so you're still way out ahead of 1996. Whenever there's an improvement in symptoms you can get straight out there and kick the world's behind, it'll still be out there waiting for you (unless there's another four years of President Trump perhaps).
    I'm in the same boat as you guys.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    While I have designs on bringing the site back into greater prominence in 2019 (as a reaction to the rather toxic environments social networks provide), Twitter is the primary outlet for the NIN Hotline right now, followed by Facebook.