Page 173 of 215 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was at one of those two shows, but i have no recollection. i do remember trying to go into the pit and immediately getting my knee kicked in so hard i could barely stand, and sitting in the back for the remainder of the show :/
    No doubt that had to be dreadful, and sad. UGH. :<

5/6/2005 was my first NIN show, and I think my first real "rock show", so of course I remember it as pretty rowdy, 2nd row from the rail, center-right. I have barely any recollection.

The reason I bring this photo up is because I have a nice glossy print of him in the same shirt (same angle, different photo), which I bought from eBay sometime ago. I'd just like to know if whether or not it's taken from my show or not.

*summons @allegro *

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Amaro - That’s from the night when the power when out, which was the first night. They played only about 2 1/2 songs, then the power cut out, they lost the P.A., Reznor stormed off the stage, then when he returned (after it was all fixed) there was blood on his shirt. (He was wearing that *type* of white shirt for every show for a long time, I’m sure there must have been a stack of them.) He’d start with the white shirt, then change into the black sleeveless shirt.

He’s wearing it in this infamous TV appearance:

Nobody knew where the blood came from, there were many guesses (temper tantrum, nose bleed, Aaron North heh).

I guess to answer your question: He wore a white shirt with no blood on it during the 2005 club tour; the only show with the BLOOD on the white shirt was the first Chicago Congress show. (We were in the pit for both shows, yeah, we saw LOTS of injuries.)

Edit: found this: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...-73d6f6bd.html
    Last edited by allegro; 05-18-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @Amaro - That’s from the night when the power when out, which was the first night. They played only about 2 1/2 songs, then the power cut out, they lost the P.A., Reznor stormed off the stage, then when he returned (after it was all fixed) there was blood on his shirt. (He was wearing that *type* of white shirt for every show for a long time, I’m sure there must have been a stack of them.) He’d start with the white shirt, then change into the black sleeveless shirt.

He’s wearing it in this infamous TV appearance:

Nobody knew where the blood came from, there were many guesses (temper tantrum, nose bleed, Aaron North heh).

I guess to answer your question: He wore a white shirt with no blood on it during the 2005 club tour; the only show with the BLOOD on the white shirt was the first Chicago Congress show. (We were in the pit for both shows, yeah, we saw LOTS of injuries.)

Edit: found this: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-...-73d6f6bd.html
    What a show, huh?! The first few songs is really the only thing I remember, other than later on--one guy in particular near the rail, around the center, causing a ruckus. You may remember.

I should browse around to make sure a full audio bootleg hasn't surfaced by now. I think the last time I checked (years ago), there was some audio of just some of it, and a good amount of video clips, all of which I know I saved to an external.

I maybe should've specified how I didn't make it for the second night. And this will probably seem weird - all this time I actually thought it was just a blood design on the white shirt.

I think this all may clear up my question. Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-18-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Bachy , being a Chris Vrenna fan, have you ever heard How We Quit The Forest by Rasputina?

They are a (THE) cello rock band, and the "forest quitting" in the title: I'm pretty sure it refers to going from just cello and vocal and the occasional drum track on their first record, to a MASSIVE influence from Vrenna on their second.

It's fucking great, imho. My Rasputina fandom has, at times, nearly eclipsed my NIN fandom, so there's that.
    But I think that anyone who can dig or at least tolerate rasputina's quirky ass sound might just get a big kick out of Vrenna's percussion and production on that record.

It's like NIN vs something from the 18th century I think

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    And this will probably seem weird - all this time I actually thought it was just a blood design on the white shirt.
    I thought the same thing when I first saw those pics online. I mean, that almost seems like something TR would wear. What I want to know is why does it also look like he's bleeding from his armpit?
    Last edited by piggy; 05-18-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Couldn't find the answer to this ... but was Hesitation Marks a one and done for Columbia Records and Nine Inch Nails? I would assume at this point anything major is on his own once again right?

... which I guess is the case since Bad Witch is without any major label.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Couldn't find the answer to this ... but was Hesitation Marks a one and done for Columbia Records and Nine Inch Nails? I would assume at this point anything major is on his own once again right?

... which I guess is the case since Bad Witch is without any major label.
    Bad Witch is being released on Capitol Records (just like Add Violence).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Bad Witch is being released on Capitol Records (just like Add Violence).
    Whoa ... I had no idea Add Violence was. Thanks for the clarification, I missed that in my research.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here’s what I wanna know...

when can we get Bad Witch avatars?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    Here’s what I wanna know...

Should add the squares as avatars

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Should add the squares as avatars
    Done

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Done
    Yesssss. Thank you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hieee. Preemptive "sorry!" for this on three counts:

1. Posting here because I couldn't find an appropriate thread (happy to be directed to one). Sorry if I'm in the wrong area.
    2. My intention is not to ignite a format flame war, even though I may say something that chaps an ass or two. So, sorry about that.
    3. I never anticipated being in this situation, and having to do this lame ass request/insinuation, but here we go. Sorry.

So, I love The Fragile. I've ended up purchasing it legitimately several times over the years (along with the other early releases). I would be very happy to purchase a HQDL of the Definitive Edition. By itself. Apparently that's not an option. I have many thoughts and feelings about TRs vinyl mission statement, but this isn't the time or place to whack that hornet's nest. Suffice to say I'm not willing to play ball. I'm not going to pay extra for something I don't want. I can't seem to offer a reasonable amount of money to an official source for what I do want. So here I am asking for... information? Guidance? Something better discussed in DM?
    I've paid TR at LEAST once for every major NIN release, but I'm simply not going to be forced to indulge his vinyl fetish, at significantly greater cost, for a format I have no use for.
    Help?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Can anyone here confirm whether these were the headphones that TR said had to be used in the listening booths for the new album? (V-Moda cross fade 2 wireless) I saw someone mention the make on twitter when reading responses and I'm in the market for new headphones as mine are broken and I'm now working so have a bit more money to spend than my usual £20 sennheisers
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=v+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Can anyone here confirm whether these were the headphones that TR said had to be used in the listening booths for the new album? (V-Moda cross fade 2 wireless) I saw someone mention the make on twitter when reading responses and I'm in the market for new headphones as mine are broken and I'm now working so have a bit more money to spend than my usual £20 sennheisers
    If you like Sennheiser and want something good while not too crazy in price (same range that the one you linked), very portable, looking good.. I'd advise you to take the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0. I have the 1.0 and they're great. Pretty damn hi-fi.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Those don't look anything like the headphones used at the Boston ticket sale event; we had wired headphones, but i did not notice a brand name anywhere. They were black.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Those don't look anything like the headphones used at the Boston ticket sale event; we had wired headphones, but i did not notice a brand name anywhere. They were black.
    i finally found the tweet, it was in Denver. They mustn’t have used the same headphones everywhere
    https://twitter.com/vmoda/status/998...342342144?s=21

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i finally found the tweet, it was in Denver. They mustn’t have used the same headphones everywhere
    https://twitter.com/vmoda/status/998...342342144?s=21
    Well in that photo they do look similar to what we had in Boston, perhaps seeing the wires attached threw me off! Apparently they are dual mode wireless or wired. Wish I knew that when standing in line, I could have wandered off somewhere out of the way, instead of bouncing around at the table.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Well in that photo they do look similar to what we had in Boston, perhaps seeing the wires attached threw me off! Apparently they are dual mode wireless or wired. Wish I knew that when standing in line, I could have wandered off somewhere out of the way, instead of bouncing around at the table.
    I'm assuming whatever they were using to drive the headphones only supported the wired mode, or at the very least they weren't paired.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I'm assuming whatever they were using to drive the headphones only supported the wired mode, or at the very least they weren't paired.
    i think people probably would have tried to steal them if they weren't wired hahaha

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Can someone with tickets please request an ASL interpreter for one of the Red Rocks performances? It would be amazing to see footage of someone translating NIN lyrics in the middle of the show.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Can someone with tickets please request an ASL interpreter for one of the Red Rocks performances? It would be amazing to see footage of someone translating NIN lyrics in the middle of the show.
    did you see the lady doing it at lolla a few years ago? she was AMAZING!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I saw the NIN/Soundgarden show in Michigan there was one. I probably wouldnt have noticed but we were close to where he was. It was amazing watching them work (almost to the point where it was difficult to watch the actual performance instead), and I think all shows should have them. We actually went over and talked to them afterwards about how awesome it was that the DTE provides that service, and that we were veeeerrrrryyy curious how they were going to interpret the lyrics to closer

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    No, I heard about it though. Is there footage?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sadly the lights got bright enough during Wish that I couldn't see how she signed "fist fuck"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    No, I heard about it though. Is there footage?

yup! you can see her over to the left of the stage in some of the wide shots. not sure if there are any closeups of her but i'm pretty sure that i remember when sarah and i were watching the livestream, they did cut to her a few times.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Wow, you're right! During "Copy of A" you can see her bopping and grooving while signing. That's fantastic...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That sign language interpreter is awesome, even interpreting the beats and rhythm!

Does anyone have a link to the video of the secret A.I.R. meeting and performance in L.A.? It was posted on The Spiral by a member...
    Last edited by thenorthwood; 05-24-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    That sign language interpreter is awesome, even interpreting the beats and rhythm!

Does anyone have a link to the video of the secret A.I.R. meeting and performance in L.A.? It was posted on The Spiral by a member...

The footage that was shot (of the meeting and the show) was originally all up on one of the ARG sites (I think OSR) but if you YouTube search "nine inch nails osr show" you'll find the whole thing in parts.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    I've reuploaded it for you.

There was a large, high-quality, edited 10 minute video posted for download on the OSR site:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9zdwft...Large.mov/file

Then, there was the "raw footage" which was only available via Flash streaming on the OSR site. There's actually 2 versions of the footage for some reason, one 40 minutes, and one 46 minutes. But the difference isn't just adding 6 extra minutes. There are, like, different edits and different amounts of meeting and gig footage.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4spfpx...F2092.flv/file
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/84h4pr...99D6E.flv/file