Page 173 of 177 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 5304

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    As far as NIN drummers are concerned, while I do of course love Ilan who, Im not sure how everyone else feels, but him I consider at the top (I may say this since hes the one Im most acclamaited with [started listening to NIN in 2008]). Right next to him though for me after pouring through much of the past footage would be Chris Vrenna. I abslutely love his energy, especially from what I see in the past music videos. I am surprised he was not included in the Wave Goodbye tour of 2009. Im curious if he and Trent had a fallout. Not much is mentioned on ninwiki. Hes just one of those past performers along with Danny Lohner that Id love to see on stage with Trent live one day.
    While i can't say for certain if he was contacted or if they are even on speaking terms, what i can share is:

1) I bumped into Chris Vrenna once at a Goth Club in Hollywood, CA (Bar Sinister). We were both at the bar and i noticed him and struck up a convo. He basically said he was moving away from Los Angeles. (Point he no longer lives in LA, CA)

2) This was confirmed when i bumped into him again at a music college in Madison, WI a few years later. Apparently he's a music teacher of some sort there.

Since Wave Goodby didn't pass by Madison, WI, it's safe to say he probably wasn't available to make a quick guest appearance. Who knows if he would have been asked (or he would have shown up) if the tour had hit Madison?

Hopefully this sheds a little light to your hopes of them reuniting one day.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

Say Nine Inch Nails were on tour and you had free, front row tickets....the only catch is they will only be playing Hootie and the Blowfish's second album, Fairweather Johnson, in its entirety, front-to-back. Would you attend the show?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Quick, random question:

Say Nine Inch Nails were on tour and you had free, front row tickets....the only catch is they will only be playing Hootie and the Blowfish's second album, Fairweather Johnson, in its entirety, front-to-back. Would you attend the show?
    I would definitely be more interested in this than whatever greatest hits set is going to be played at festivals.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

For the sheer absurdity of this, I would pay for tickets

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    While i can't say for certain if he was contacted or if they are even on speaking terms, what i can share is:

1) I bumped into Chris Vrenna once at a Goth Club in Hollywood, CA (Bar Sinister). We were both at the bar and i noticed him and struck up a convo. He basically said he was moving away from Los Angeles. (Point he no longer lives in LA, CA)

2) This was confirmed when i bumped into him again at a music college in Madison, WI a few years later. Apparently he's a music teacher of some sort there.

Since Wave Goodby didn't pass by Madison, WI, it's safe to say he probably wasn't available to make a quick guest appearance. Who knows if he would have been asked (or he would have shown up) if the tour had hit Madison?

Hopefully this sheds a little light to your hopes of them reuniting one day.
    Madison to Chicago is a less than 3 hour drive and they played two shows there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Would have been funny if he was, considering Robin was back, and Danny made a few guest appearances.
    Danny made guest appearances? when?
    did not hear about this.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

Only if the encore includes the mashups "Hold My Hand That Feeds" and "Only Wanna Be With The Idea Of You".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear the in between song commentary. You know there'd be some good "why tf are we doing this again?" lines.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here goes a random NIN question,....Is the live audio from the AATCB CD the same source as the DVD? Or are they 2 sep recordings? I know the dvd is spliced from dif shows...but I was wondering about doing an audio rip of the dvd but if its the same fucking audio as the live CD, then there is no point

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Here goes a random NIN question,....Is the live audio from the AATCB CD the same source as the DVD? Or are they 2 sep recordings? I know the dvd is spliced from dif shows...but I was wondering about doing an audio rip of the dvd but if its the same fucking audio as the live CD, then there is no point
    Some are the same, some songs are exclusive to the DVD.
    Rip the DVD audio. Also there's menu music also exclusive to the DVD.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Some are the same, some songs are exclusive to the DVD.
    Rip the DVD audio. Also there's menu music also exclusive to the DVD.
    and also if you rip the audio from the DVD you'll be able to stand listening to it because it won't have that improperly dithered sound that makes the CD nearly unlistenable to me. blugh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    did not hear about this.
    http://www.nin.wiki/2009/09/08_Los_Angeles,_CA

Says he did here

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    For the sheer absurdity of this, I would pay for tickets
    Probably I would, too... yes... but not many would. It would be the ultimate in Troll the NIN Facebook Groups memes, I suppose.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Probably I would, too... yes... but not many would. It would be the ultimate in Troll the NIN Facebook Groups memes, I suppose.
    Trent's shown his prowess with the tambourine. I'd like to see him prove his mettle with the washboard.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Checking out that "Fairweather Johnson" album @RhettButler supposed nin could play and i have a question: do you really trust Trent's vocal abilities these days to pull that off?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Checking out that "Fairweather Johnson" album @RhettButler supposed nin could play and i have a question: do you really trust Trent's vocal abilities these days to pull that off?
    It was meant as a joke. Fairweather Johnson is an extremely bland, forgettable album, but yeah, I guess Trent would he able to sing it. I'm sorry that my actions on this board actually resulted in someone listening to that album.
    Last edited by RhettButler; 04-20-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    I'm sorry that my actions on this board actually resulted in someone listening to that album.
    this is 100% the funniest thing you've ever said on here, dude. oh my god i am cracking up right now. hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

I wouldn't go for free if NIN was playing Hesitation Marks in its entirety, front to back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quick, random question:

Let's be honest. If Trent Reznor was playing a night of B-sides from Whitey Morgan and the 78ers on the flute, most of us would be there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What else did Eugene Goreshter from Autolux provide on HM besides the bass work on In Two?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    What else did Eugene Goreshter from Autolux provide on HM besides the bass work on In Two?
    "I Would For You" - additional electronics, violin
    "Disappointed" - additional electronics, strings

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Um, any guesses as to why nin.com is telling me I’ve been temporarily locked out due to “suspicious behavior” when literally the only thing I’ve done is type “nin.com” into my google search bar?

First person to suggest “ARG” gets a toaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone else wondered whether the first "Version" of Starfuckers, Inc. (the Sherwood one) samples Cerrone's "Rocket in the Pocket (Live)"?

It's a very commonly sampled/scratched song, particularly the stabs that go along with the word "pocket" at around the 30-second mark:

I was just listening to the Starfuckers remix and suddenly recognized the Cerrone song as where the main snare sound comes from (particularly audible around the 3:10 mark).

Nine Inch Nails technically has sampled the song before, albeit through a middleman (Sweet Tee's "Let the Jingle Bells Rock" in "Kinda I Want To"). The sample in Starfuckers though would be more similar to Linkin Park's sample in their "In The End" remix.

Does anyone else hear it?

(Relatedly, I feel like there should be a catch-all sample-finding thread, assuming there isn't one already...)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    did not hear about this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Someone on Reddit said that Kraw is no longer working with NIN and left after Add Violence was completed. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, who is handling artwork for NIN now?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Someone on Reddit said that Kraw is no longer working with NIN and left after Add Violence was completed. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, who is handling artwork for NIN now?
    Ask him on insta/twitter maybe he will respond

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I honestly don't see why they need one person to be an 'art director'. I'm happy with them using a variety of artists to keep things interesting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I honestly don't see why they need one person to be an 'art director'. I'm happy with them using a variety of artists to keep things interesting
    I agree, it's TR that drives the aesthetic. My main thought was that if Kraw is no longer working as with NIN, then it could explain the delay in the Definitive Editions of With Teeth, Year Zero and The Slip. Kraw was the one handling the initial round of those, and was credited in press about it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    How much direction does the reissue art really need, though? Aside from the bonus booklets, the packaging is supposed to perfectly replicate the original sleeves and packaging.

I guess someone does need to oversee that to ensure it actually does, though. I just feel like that shouldn't be a sticking point for a delay that's been over a year (assuming they were on track to be put up for sale last summer).

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    How much direction does the reissue art really need, though? Aside from the bonus booklets, the packaging is supposed to perfectly replicate the original sleeves and packaging.

I guess someone does need to oversee that to ensure it actually does, though. I just feel like that shouldn't be a sticking point for a delay that's been over a year (assuming they were on track to be put up for sale last summer).
    Just gonna throw it out there - I can do basic layout and design. If that's all Trent needs for a reissue, hire me now