Page 102 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I was going through some old boxes of mine at my folks' house the other day and I came across some old NIN bootleg VHS tapes I acquired in HS/College (mid-late 90s). I have the resources to rip them, but I don't want to duplicate efforts. Is there a database of Live NIN videos that are currently in circulation or on YouTube? I emailed Ryan from Reflecting In The Chrome, but he never got back to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dierythmus View Post
    Hi All,

I was going through some old boxes of mine at my folks' house the other day and I came across some old NIN bootleg VHS tapes I acquired in HS/College (mid-late 90s). I have the resources to rip them, but I don't want to duplicate efforts. Is there a database of Live NIN videos that are currently in circulation or on YouTube? I emailed Ryan from Reflecting In The Chrome, but he never got back to me.
    Hi,
    before anyone with better knowledge replies to you, you can check here: http://www.gladcarrot.com/
    The most of commonly circulating video recordings of early shows should be there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hey, does anyone know why rob is not posting anything on instagram or twitter lately? he was so active and now nothing. even demonbaby is not his usual self for quite a while…

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think this is the new ARG: track down Rob Sheridan in his secret lair in the Himalayas and he'll give you the Tension Blu-ray.

My question: What the hell is going on in Me, I'm Not? I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the rest of YZ, but that song totally escapes me. (Still one of my favorite tracks from the album in spite of that.)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    I think this is the new ARG: track down Rob Sheridan in his secret lair in the Himalayas and he'll give you the Tension Blu-ray.

My question: What the hell is going on in Me, I'm Not? I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the rest of YZ, but that song totally escapes me. (Still one of my favorite tracks from the album in spite of that.)
    It could easily be about realising you're gay in a heavily conservative society.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    About Pretty Hate Machine. Was that album known to be astonishingly hi-fi or high quality sounding? I feel like the drum machine/percolating synth music at that time from other artists was maybe not quite as "clear" and "clean" or bright sounding... Am I right or totally off?
    To my ears it's like Duran Duran's stuff was sounding really good too at that time but Depeche Mode was kind of grey and muffled; like the reverbs weren't good or something, or like their drum machines didn't have the presence and crisp sound like they do in PHM.

Maybe I'm crazy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What happened to the Tension Blu-ray? Is it still coming or what?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^oh no that question is like a red rag to the bill

I don't know but people have mentioned that Rob Sheridan has been quite absent from twitter lately so is possibly working very hard on it! But it is all speculation

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Sheridan has been selling out to Appl€, I preferred him when he was still posting funny drawings on his blog.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Soon.

Aaaaaaaaaugh!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What synth did Trent Reznor use to get that lead bass solo synth sound that plays the chorus sections of the song The Only Time?
    I own a Yamaha DX7 and I feel as though some of the patches reeeeeaaaalllly resemble the characteristics of that synth sound in that song.

ALSO, is the Happiness in Slavery solo synth the exact same patch used on some of Pretty Hate Machine? It sounds reasonably similar and I managed to make my own emulation with my DX7.
    What I know for sure is that for Happiness in Slavery, he was able to perform the synth solo live with a DX7.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    What synth did Trent Reznor use to get that lead bass solo synth sound that plays the chorus sections of the song The Only Time?
    I own a Yamaha DX7 and I feel as though some of the patches reeeeeaaaalllly resemble the characteristics of that synth sound in that song.

ALSO, is the Happiness in Slavery solo synth the exact same patch used on some of Pretty Hate Machine? It sounds reasonably similar and I managed to make my own emulation with my DX7.
    What I know for sure is that for Happiness in Slavery, he was able to perform the synth solo live with a DX7.
    I dont think that the DX7s were used for anything apart from being midi controllers on stage.

As stated by Charlie Clouser on the Gearslutz message board.

PHM = Emax, Minimoog, Xpander, Prophet VS.

Broken/The Downward Spiral = add Akai S-1000 x2, OberMoog prototype, Voyetra, etc. Sequenced on StudioVision with ProTools 16, record to Studer A800, mix on Amek (mozart IIRC). Zoom 9050 half-rack guitar fx was used a lot.

The Fragile = add every synth, guitar, and fx pedal and rack unit under the sun, but no modulars to speak of. Nord, Nord Modular, Waldorf Microwave and XT figured prominently. Sequenced on Logic with ProTools/24, record to Studer, mix on SSL 4k. AudioMulch, Reaktor, ReBirth with custom in-house mods were used a lot.

With Teeth and beyond = add modulars out the arse

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Who's playing the guitar at the beginning of AATCHB song off Still- Danny, or Trent?

it sounds like Billy Howerdel's style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what are NIN projects which we know, will see light one day? a list sorted by "chances to get published soon" would be nice.

i throw in:
    The Fragile Reissue
    Tension DVD

what other announced projects are there?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    what are NIN projects which we know, will see light one day? a list sorted by "chances to get published soon" would be nice.

i throw in:
    The Fragile Reissue
    Tension DVD

what other announced projects are there?
    Last it was mentioned, the YZ show was stopped before it really got going (I think it was problems getting a writer Trent was happy with?) but the last word on it was that Trent still wanted to do something with the story someday. So, possible but not "soon".

Last the wave goodbye footage was mentioned, Rob said something about how they'll probably do something with it someday, and joked that every time we ask they destroy some footage (to teach us to quit asking). So, possible but not "soon".

WT essay, Tapeworm, physical release of Closure/Broken on DVD (which is why torrents of the DVDs are out) are dead in the water not happening don't ask.

I'm sure I'm missing other projects that were delayed...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Broken/Fixed remaster would count too.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If Broken/Fixed doesn't come with the movie, then why bother

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If Broken/Fixed doesn't come with the movie, then why bother
    Well hey they remastered PHM and only added a cover song from an already released single and as far as I'm concerned the original master sounds great and the remaster of TDS wasn't necessary either and added almost no extras so it would be pretty par for the course. They could possibly have unreleased demos, the original lyrics for Wish, etc.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Well hey they remastered PHM and only added a cover song from an already released single and as far as I'm concerned the original master sounds great and the remaster of TDS wasn't necessary either and added almost no extras so it would be pretty par for the course. They could possibly have unreleased demos, the original lyrics for Wish, etc.
    TDS DE put Burn and Dead Souls in everyone's hands, and Memorabilia for people who weren't first gen fans. I meet NIN fans all the time who've never seen Broken Movie, it needs to be available imo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I see, very interesting. I can imagine then that he got a lot of those patches that I asked about from the Prophet, since it worked on vector synthesis and is capable of more layers and stuff than a moog.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Actually yeah I can really imagine the Prophet being responsible for a lot of the pads and melodies too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Who's playing the guitar at the beginning of AATCHB song off Still- Danny, or Trent?

Danny. Or at least when I read that, the word Danny popped up in my head from some distant corner.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Danny. Or at least when I read that, the word Danny popped up in my head from some distant corner.
    both TR and Lohner are credited for performance, but it's not indicated who did what. considering it doesn't sound anything like a guitar, i was leaning toward TR – DL often seems to contribute/record rhythm guitar-that-sounds-like-a-guitar on the record (e.g. "Somewhat Damaged"). maybe they both did, since it's double tracked.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So nin.com now sells only download versions in music section. Makes me wonder: what other releases could realistically appear there? H/M and G/G must feel kinda lonely

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm sure someone has asked this before, but are there nine nails that are an inch long each? Or a set of nails that are nine inches long?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    So nin.com now sells only download versions in music section. Makes me wonder: what other releases could realistically appear there? H/M and G/G must feel kinda lonely
    Quake's never actually had a release...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    I'm kind of surprised The Slip and Ghosts aren't listed there really. And it sure would be nice if they hosted all the Seeds.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised The Slip and Ghosts aren't listed there really. And it sure would be nice if they hosted all the Seeds.
    Definitive NIN he can't offer for free (or probably at all) and the LITS sampler may have had a moratorium on how long it could exist for as other bands were involved. And Collected probably has some weird rights as it's interscope. But NINJA/Live 2013/Remix 2014 totally should be.
    Ghosts and The Slip are on the site, they probably just have to remember to reorganise them to the store too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I'm sure someone has asked this before, but are there nine nails that are an inch long each? Or a set of nails that are nine inches long?
    Funny. If the name is a grammatically/mechanically correct phrase, then it's neither of those. If you're talking about nails that are nine inches long, it'd be written "nine-inch nails". If you're talking about nine nails that are an inch long, you'd write "nine one-inch nails". Unless people call one-inch nails "inch nails".

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Definitive NIN he can't offer for free (or probably at all) and the LITS sampler may have had a moratorium on how long it could exist for as other bands were involved. And Collected probably has some weird rights as it's interscope. But NINJA/Live 2013/Remix 2014 totally should be.
    Ghosts and The Slip are on the site, they probably just have to remember to reorganise them to the store too.
    Yeah, I meant the main store page in reference to TS and Ghosts.