Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    What part of "Block pop-up windows" does Safari not understand?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    you can download, lets say, a movie that is 2 gigs in like 10 minutes.
    Uh... With Google Fiber, you should be able to download a 2GB movie in 16 seconds. 2GB in 10 minutes is 26Mb/s. Which is about 2% of the speeds you should be getting (1,000Mb). You should get ahold of Google and have them rectify this. Even if you're paying for their slow plan, (100Mb, as opposed to 1,000Mb), you're still getting 26% of your speeds. Either one of these is unacceptable.

And if that's the speed you're getting via ethernet, I cannot imagine what you're getting via wifi. Make sure all of your devices have a gigabit wireless radio, otherwise your devices' wireless radio will be the bottleneck of your home network. Here is a 1,200Mb wireless adapter, so that will give you a little bit of overhead even. If you have an older laptop with a slower wifi radio, that will improve your speed greatly. It'll also work just fine with a desktop. Also, I'm not sure if you're using Google Fiber's wireless router, or your own, but if you're using your own, you need to make sure it has wireless speeds at least up to 1,000Mb/s, because most do not.

Also, make sure that both your router and your devices (phones, laptops, PCs, Chromecasts, etc.) are using 802.11ac and 5GHz wifi. Google Fiber will be completely wasted on most people's home networks without changing things like this. If all of your devices are using older radio hardware, then you might as well just find a different ISP.
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-15-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Not a fan of ios10 so far. Bye bye battery life too.

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Jumped from an iPhone 6 to the 7 yesterday. The first thing I did was run it under the faucet in my kitchen sink, my wife about had a stroke. I like it so far.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ugh, I got a MacBook Pro three weeks ago and in the space of the last 24 hours, four dead pixels (or possibly dirt that somehow got behind the screen) have appeared. And a random scratch. Not cool.

Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Jumped from an iPhone 6 to the 7 yesterday. The first thing I did was run it under the faucet in my kitchen sink, my wife about had a stroke. I like it so far.
    I didn't get in on the pre-order so I am counting the days until I can walk into the store and get one; I am SO done with my Galaxy. I didn't think I'd get to that point, but I got to that point about 1.5 years ago. The phone, itself, is fine but the fucking APPS on this thing and the OS drive me fucking apeshit. I fucking HATE the camera, too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've had them all. I always go back to iPhone. The 7 plus is literally perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I've had them all. I always go back to iPhone. The 7 plus is literally perfect.
    My husband and I are each ordering the 7 plus tomorrow. Then he's ordering the watch. We're keeping our unlimited data plans.

edit: Ditched the unlimited, since AT&T admitted it was throttling the download speeds; saving a decent amount of money per month.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-19-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i want that new macbook pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @slave2thewage Can you take it back for an exchange?

My macbook has been great, but it's already 2 yrs old.

The new one which was announced yesterday I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan on,need to watch the video again but for me to see the strip on the keyboard not sure looks that great. I think it be better just to select on the screen, why would I use my keyboard to press when I have a mouse to select things. Having emotions and things on the keyboard depending on the application for some reason makes it look cheap. I just prefer a solid keyboard layout with no bells and whistles.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Trying to burn a CD with iTunes and it can't allow me to burn just a few select tracks like I used to. Is there a short cut to make that happen?

Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    i want that new macbook pro
    My Husband got one, he LOVES it.

Also, my Apple Watch Series 2 is, really, THE coolest thing I've ever owned.

I got this one:
    Last edited by allegro; 03-19-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Trying to burn a CD with iTunes and it can't allow me to burn just a few select tracks like I used to. Is there a short cut to make that happen?
    Make a playlist?