Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

iCloud servers have been down off and on the last few days.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Hey Apple heads....I need some help with finding a good/free audio editing software for Macs. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I got a brand new iPod Shuffle the other month...used it very few times, before it stopped responding to buttons once I have it turned on. I can't turn the volume up or down, and I can't skip tracks. All I can do is have it playing at a decent volume, straight through. I just tried restoring it, and it looks like we have the same case still.

It starts playing by itself once I turn it on, followed by a "click" sound in my earbuds... WTF...

I guess I'm gonna hit the gym with the new JT album.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Hey Apple heads....I need some help with finding a good/free audio editing software for Macs. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Garage band Is on your Mac. And it's not weak.

Then there's Audacity.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I got a brand new iPod Shuffle the other month...used it very few times, before it stopped responding to buttons once I have it turned on. I can't turn the volume up or down, and I can't skip tracks. All I can do is have it playing at a decent volume, straight through. I just tried restoring it, and it looks like we have the same case still.

It starts playing by itself once I turn it on, followed by a "click" sound in my earbuds... WTF...

I guess I'm gonna hit the gym with the new JT album.
    You've only had it a month? Yikes. Send that thing back.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Garage band Is on your Mac. And it's not weak.

Then there's Audacity.
    I went with Audacity since it was a very similar layout to Sony's Soundforge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I bought my wife an iPhone 4S through sprint about 4 days ago, and today the phone just died while it still had about a 60% charge. After trying holding down the sleep button to restart, holding the home button, etc., I did a quick google search for dead iPhone and found out about doing a "hard restart", where you hold the sleep button and home button down simultaneously for 15 seconds. When I did this, it booted right up, but wouldn't connect to wifi until I shut down phone and restarted it.

So, question: is this going to be a recurring problem with the phone? I really don't like that this happened only 4 days into owning the phone. I had an HTC Evo Shift for 2 years and abused the hell out of it and never had anything like this happen. Is this a sign of a bigger problem with the phone? I still have time to take it back and exchange it for another phone if necessary...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

I've had iPhones since they came out. And I make it through a contract with the same phone every time. Cant say the same for other brands ive owned.

It's probably just a fluke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So the new Mac Pro looks like a trashcan. And, you know.. it's supposed to be for "pro"-users. That means for users that want to actually add stuff to their pc or remove it, which is called "upgrading", which they can't do anymore with the new Mac Pro. Fuck off.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    So the new Mac Pro looks like a trashcan. And, you know.. it's supposed to be for "pro"-users. That means for users that want to actually add stuff to their pc or remove it, which is called "upgrading", which they can't do anymore with the new Mac Pro. Fuck off.
    I had to look this up after seeing your post. They look ridiculous. So glad I moved back to Windows a couple years ago. LOL!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Ios 7 looks very nice, wish i was a developer so i could get it now

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    The Mac Pro should be called the Very Fast Mac Mini.

The iOS7 visual refresh is pretty good except for the pastel color scheme. While I'm glad they seemingly adopted Yahoo's weather as the official weather app, I'm sad to see the Flickr photos being replaced by animation. I much prefer the way the app works now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

If anyone is interested you can update to ios 7 beta without being a developer, I'm running it now and it seems ok so far, a bit slow at times but overall no major problems so far

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    You Do actually need to be a developer. When that beta expires your phone will lock up and you wont be able to use it unless you wipe it.

I suggest checking out imzdl.com if you arent a developer. they can authorize your phone for a small fee.

As far as the "Trash bin" mac pro.. I dont care what it looks like. That thing is pure power. It seems like they are trying to make it into some kind of Core.

Thats fine. I have a shit ton of peripherals that can all be converted to thunderbolt, and they are all rack mounted anyway. this isn't for your little sister.

Sonnet technologies is going to sell A LOT of these.
    http://www.sonnettech.com/product/echoexpressiii.html

I use a lot of Sonnet gear alongside Mac Mini Servers and they perform.

IOS7 looks great. Selling my HTC One today. Over that whole experiment. Apple just kicked a lot of ass today. Go Home Android. You're drunk.

oh and 13" Macbook airs... for 1100 bucks. Win. Ordered 6 for clients today.

Now for Logic X...
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 06-11-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Kind of hoping that each beta won't need my udid or whatever it's called, if not and I need to wipe it then so be it, was due doing a full restore anyway as my phone felt a bit slow at times just thought I'd try this first

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    your registration is good for a year. so you should be good all the way through to final release.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Giving out an iPhone tip, that for all I know I discovered. haha Because I'm that psyched about it.

If you want Voice Memos playing in the background (by default you can't multitask it the proper way aka ridiculous)...hit play on a Voice Memo, hit sleep, swipe up the camera icon, hit the home button, and voila. Do whatever else you wanna do now with the audio rolling!
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Moved to an iPhone 4S and bizarrely I miss the 4. Siri can go suck it, the battery life is worse and it's heavier. The camera is nicer and it's faster, I guess there's that. Oh and the speaker is MUCH better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just got a 5 :'] so excite

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i wouldn't mind an iphone 6 in a pretty color, more rounded corners and iOS 7. at this point a software update is more desperately needed than hardware anyway.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    New iPhone official disclosure should be coming fairly soon...and all that Apple stuff.

Other than an iPhone upgrade (gid-DY!), I really would like an iPad mini with retina display...but that doesn't seem to be in the works yet. Maybe the third time around.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    OK so I recently started a Podcast for my website, but am having trouble understanding how to get it on iTunes.
    I've been trying to figure it out all morning and it's not making any sense to me. I can't figure out where iTunes is getting the files from every week? Do I have to submit each episode to iTunes every week, or do they just pull them from my own personal iTunes? And wtf is an RSS, and how the hell do I make one. Every tutorial I've read about it just seems like jargon to me and I don't understand half of it. I usually feel pretty adequate on technology, but for some reason this shit has really beaten me. Can anyone help me out in layman's terms?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Not sure Its worth upgrading from the 5. we'll see.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I know I will be! Space Gray 5S it is.

Apple site is updated.
    Last edited by Amaro; 09-10-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I think it's hysterical how all the iphone 5 cases that are waterproof/lifeproof like the otterbox won't work with the 5s because of the fingerprint scanner.

lololol

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I think it's hysterical how all the iphone 5 cases that are waterproof/lifeproof like the otterbox won't work with the 5s because of the fingerprint scanner.

lololol
    So the waterproof feature won't work, or it won't fit the 5S' home button change? I was actually thinking about getting a Lifeproof Nuud.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    So the waterproof feature won't work, or it won't fit the 5S' home button change? I was actually thinking about getting a Lifeproof Nuud.

If you've ever seen an otterbox case you'll notice that the entire home button is blocked by a rubber gasket to keep it waterproof. If apple doesn't allow the fingerprint scanner to be disabled you're not going to be able to unlock your phone.

EDIT: Take a look at the video for the Nuud unboxing, you'll see the home button isn't actually exposed at all, it's covered by the case.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 09-10-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The more i think about this Keynote... the sadder it makes me. This feels like Apple officially not being on top anymore.

The gold iPhone is just tacky as hell. I love apple for its extremely functional minimalism and their take it or leave it attitude. I dont see why they are trying to cater to tacky grandmothers and Jersey Shore wannabe's from Simi Valley.

Looking at my iPhone 5 with iOS7 sitting next to my Nexus 7... It looks like Google is officially on top at this point.