Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Skinny Puppy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    In other related SP news - there's a new ohGr album coming, and also a new version of Welt with alternate versions of Welt songs and previously unreleased songs too. Thanks to Mark Walk for the info.

No concrete dates yet though.
    Awesome news!
    W.E.L.T. is my favorite album from ohGr hands down.
    It makes me wonder if the alternate versions of the songs more closely resemble the original tracks that were lost in the fire that happened in the old studio.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 07-29-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Awesome news!
    W.E.L.T. is my favorite album from ohGr hands down.
    It makes me wonder if the alternate versions of the songs more closely resemble the original tracks that were lost in the fire that happened in the old studio.
    Can't say for sure, but it appears the version of Welt that was released is re-recorded songs, while the original was not released due to a label blocking it. They are apparently free from this label now and can do whatever they like with the recordings

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    W. E. L. T was awesome at the time, such a breath of fresh air

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The song "deviL" from that album pops into my mind at random and I don't mind one bit.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    cEvin Key has cancer.
    I honestly would not have found out if it wasn't for Facebook.
    I guess he is too humble to mentioned it to anyone and his friends had to step in on his behalf to spread the news.
    Just awful news I hope he recovers soon.
    His latest Facebook update
    Thank you so much for all the support you have all shown me. It's kept me alive and ticking. Had some more surgery today on my upper nose and forehead where they removed the feeder tube for my face graft. I realised today I'm am partially clone as my face and nose was once my forhead. So many people ask how did this happen. It's just not watching out when in the sun, so please take care. Thankyou again so much
    From his gofundme webpage that his friend set-up:
    https://www.gofundme.com/cevinkeycancerfund
    last month cEvin Key went for a routine skin exam and found out he had Basel cell Cancer in his face, as well as on his chest and back. The spots are very small, but upon surgery day for the facial cancer, cEvin found out that it had spread under the skin. He went into a 4 hour MOHS surgery and lost half his nose and a considerable portion of his cheek. Afterwards this was followed up by a 6 hour reconstructive surgery. Needless to say this was very unexpected and painful, also painful was recieving the bill afterward for care of $4900.00. This is not including the surgery he had today, or for the other 2 he needs to have removed. Its been a tough time, but many have offered to help, so I felt the best thing to do is make this campaign where you can support cEvin and his cancer removal. I cant tell you how much this will mean to him, as I know he was hesitant to ask for help. This could allow him to focus on his recordings and work and not be taken down by this financial worry.
    We have some rewards to offer that cEvin will sign and persoanlize to you for your help. any donation 40. and above please let us know what cd you're missing from our catologue and we'll see if we can help.. ANY help is greatly appreciated and will certainly make the differance in healing. Thankyou again for your consideration.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I seen photos of his face after reconstruction and he's look alright. There was a gofundme type thing to pay for his surgery costs and it was a goal of $4000.00. last I looked it was over $9200.00+ so well done seeing it's over $20k now!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I donated a nice sum to his GFM, even though the dude snubbed me outside the venue I saw SP at in 2009. I'm over it. Fuck cancer and I hope he's up on his feet recording more bad-ass headtrips like Dragon Experience and Music For Cats again soon

I recently picked up the blood-red vinyl reissue of SP's Weapon; I missed out on the original press in 2013 and it skyrocketed in price quickly thereafter. Really digging this reissue though. Now if we could just get a vinyl issue of the curiously CD-only Handover..

Also, I had no idea until last month that the WELT album was finally issued on vinyl. You can get that shit brand new for dirt cheap online, if anyone's interested:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4248938?ev=rb

https://www.amazon.com/Welt-OHGR/dp/...ords=ohgr+welt

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I donated a nice sum to his GFM, even though the dude snubbed me outside the venue I saw SP at in 2009. I'm over it. Fuck cancer and I hope he's up on his feet recording more bad-ass headtrips like Dragon Experience and Music For Cats again soon

I recently picked up the blood-red vinyl reissue of SP's Weapon; I missed out on the original press in 2013 and it skyrocketed in price quickly thereafter. Really digging this reissue though. Now if we could just get a vinyl issue of the curiously CD-only Handover..

Also, I had no idea until last month that the WELT album was finally issued on vinyl. You can get that shit brand new for dirt cheap online, if anyone's interested:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4248938?ev=rb

https://www.amazon.com/Welt-OHGR/dp/...ords=ohgr+welt

What happened?

LMFAO. I just bought one of the WELT vinyls using a $5.00 amazon coupon code. It cost me shipping only. Hilarious.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What happened?

LMFAO. I just bought one of the WELT vinyls using a $5.00 amazon coupon code. It cost me shipping only. Hilarious.
    lol I told you, man! It's a good pressing, too. Amazing how cheap it's available for when there were only 1,000 made. Maybe one day we'll get a Bedside Toxicology vinyl issue, as well..

I saw SP in November 2009 when they were doing that Insolventsee tour. It was cold as fuck outside, but a group of us waited around for like two hours for the band to come out to the bus. Cevin came out way before Ohgr did and walked right past us, barely acknowledging the group. I asked him, very politely, to sign the Too Dark Park vinyl jacket I had with me and he made some remark like "maybe the next time you come see us", then hopped on their bus. Whatever.

Ohgr came out a little while later and was absolutely cool as fuck. Signed everything, talked to everyone, posed for photos, thanked us for our support and for waiting in the cold, apologized for keeping us waiting, etc. He seemed genuinely shocked and appreciative that we waited around to see him. He's right up there with Henry Rollins as one of the most non-rock star rock stars I've ever had the privilege of meeting.

That was the same second-half of 2009 when I met Trent/NIN on the NINJA tour, Mike Ness after a Social D show at the same venue I saw SP, and was five feet in front of Hope Sandoval both nights I saw her perform. By far the best six months of live music in my life

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    SICK, i love this song

(worth going to youtube to watch)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    just purchased the greater wrong of the right live DVD and its blowing my mind! i havent bought a skinny puppy record in a long time, whats everyone thinking about the last 3 or 4 albums?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    just purchased the greater wrong of the right live DVD and its blowing my mind! i havent bought a skinny puppy record in a long time, whats everyone thinking about the last 3 or 4 albums?
    Great consistency and fun albums but does little to push envelopes or be mind melting as the 80’s/90’s output was.

Mythmaker is my favorite recent album by them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My favorite of the post reunion albums is definitely Weapon. Nothing groundbreaking and probably the closest they'll get to sounding radio friendly but it's still a damn good album.

And if you get the chance to see to see them live, don't even think twice, just go.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I really like handover. Couldn't get into mythmaker (The second half is better imo). Weapon is pretty solid. I think ohgr scratches the itch, though, when it comes to what I really want from puppy. I miss the out there stuff.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The fact that three different people gave you three different answers says a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always found Skinny Puppy albums a little too dense to sit through for an hour. I love certain songs and the shorter EPs, but the full length albums felt like time was standing still after half an hour.

Weapon, however, won me over. The songs are solid and there's a great hooks in material that doesn't have me reaching for the skip button.

I'm certain this in blasphemy to fans of the past 30 years, and i guess that makes me some sort of lame-ass. Just an opinion from a new-er fan who didn't grow up on SP.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I really loved GWotR, hated Mythmaker, Handover is just okay and Weapon is pretty good.