Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: FOX axes Freedom Watch

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

FOX axes Freedom Watch

The Fox Business Channel has cancelled one of the only shows on the entire Fox News network that was in any way informative or watchable -
    Freedom Watch
    with Judge Andrew Napolitano.

In a press release

distributed late Thursday, the channel announced that its entire prime-time programming lineup had been changed, with re-runs of already existing programs replacing
    Freedom Watch

Napolitano’s show had been airing for a year, in which time he had consistently covered major issues that other news programs would only gloss over, if they devoted any coverage to them at all.Napolitano’s coverage of the freedom stripping National Defense Authorization Act for one was second to none as far as mainstream news output was concerned. His legal and constitutional expertise on such matters is also unrivalled.

His focus on Austrian economics and Libertarian social policy provided a much welcome alternative to the endless left/right bickering constantly played out on programming from the likes of MSNBC, CNN, and FOX News itself.
    Napolitano regularly defended the free market and lambasted the actions of the Federal Reserve, holding it accountable daily for the economic crisis that the US finds itself mired in. Congressman Ron Paul was a regular guest on the show, with a host of other informative analysts who were not merely about peddling the establishment party line or representing special interests.

It is for these very reasons that many fans of the show suspect Napolitano has been axed by the corporate machine.
    Regarding Napolitano’s future, Fox Business stated that the judge will be “continuing to make significant contributions to both FOX Business and FOX News” and would “be showcased throughout future programming on both networks”
    “Currently one of the leading judicial analysts on television, Judge Napolitano will continue his role on both FOX Business and FOX News, providing key legal insights surrounding the growing intersection between Washington and Wall Street.” the statement read.
    Linking to the press release on his Facebook page, Napolitano wrote “sad news friends, but don’t worry I’ll still be here defending liberty.”
    Libertarian activist Lew Rockwell is spearheading a campaign to have Freedom Watchreinstated, writing on his website yesterday:
    “If you are as outraged as I am at the cancellation of Judge Andrew Napolitano’s “Freedom Watch,” here is something you can do.”

Please contact Fox Business to ask them to reverse their decision.

Irena Briganti,
    Senior Vice President Media Relations
    Phone: 212-301-3608
    Fax: 212-819-0816
    E-Mail: irena.briganti@foxnews.com

“Be respectful but be sure to convey your outrage at this matter, and state that you and many others will boycott the network if the show is taken off the air.” Rockwell added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And you didn't post the source of this article because you know everyone will immediately(and rightly so) dismiss anything coming from infowars?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    And you didn't post the source of this article because you know everyone will immediately(and rightly so) dismiss anything coming from infowars?

Hahaha. You sound delusional.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Actually Judge Napolitano is pretty level headed. I've seen him bring up very salient points in a lot of interviews with the likes of Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. I may not always agree with him, but he has my respect. It's too bad Fox is axing the one thing that's not crazy, extremist bible thumbing paranoia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He endorsed Ron Paul, at Fox that's suicide.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Actually Judge Napolitano is pretty level headed. I've seen him bring up very salient points in a lot of interviews with the likes of Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. I may not always agree with him, but he has my respect. It's too bad Fox is axing the one thing that's not crazy, extremist bible thumbing paranoia.
    Hey now, Red Eye is pretty funny.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

WAAAAAY TOO MUCH TR00F
    FOR FOX NEWS

O_O

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    a ron paul commercial doesn't have any more answers than anything else

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    But Ron Paul might.

And in regards to Delusional's comments about Infowars.... I dont see why certain people on here discredit it as an alternative newssource. I agree that they sometimes jump the gun, advertise their own brand of DVDs and attract some colourful characters into their comment section BUT they will still post legit reports about things that you will not hear through the mainstream media.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Why does everything I've seen from Fox News have the most disgusting studio in the history of the earth? GET A DECORATOR IN.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    But Ron Paul might.
    His statements suggest otherwise.

And in regards to Delusional's comments about Infowars.... I dont see why certain people on here discredit it as an alternative newssource. I agree that they sometimes jump the gun, advertise their own brand of DVDs and attract some colourful characters into their comment section BUT they will still post legit reports about things that you will not hear through the mainstream media.
    What reasonable 'reporting' Infowars has to offer is always aggregated from more reputable sources. But aside from those the content posted to the site is just hysterical garbage.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus T. Cosmonaut View Post
    His statements suggest otherwise.

What reasonable 'reporting' Infowars has to offer is always aggregated from more reputable sources. But aside from those the content posted to the site is just hysterical garbage.
    Are you able to give me an example of this hysterical garbage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taking a quick look;

http://www.infowars.com/why-are-gove...-nazi-germany/
    http://www.infowars.com/why-conspira...ic-terrorists/
    http://www.infowars.com/how-public-s...-of-the-state/

But I'm sure you would defend every one of those, which is why no one here takes you seriously.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Taking a quick look;

http://www.infowars.com/why-are-gove...-nazi-germany/
    http://www.infowars.com/why-conspira...ic-terrorists/
    http://www.infowars.com/how-public-s...-of-the-state/

But I'm sure you would defend every one of those, which is why no one here takes you seriously.
    No need to an jerk there.

Why wouldnt I defend any of those? I can agree that the headlines are in true Alex Jones fashion a little dramatic but they present valid points for you to think about that would otherwise be ignored by any mainstream media source.

In the least I think you are truly delusional if you don't see government control becoming tighter in the States and the fact that this is something totally ignored when it comes to public awareness.

They were reporting on NDAA and SOPA and ACTA before anyone else. I bet you would ve laced me with you own New England brand of sarcasm if I mentioned that a few months ago wouldnt you?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    NDAA, SOPA/PROTECT-IP and ACTA stories have been circulating since they were filed, or before. Like, I understand that when you're riding the Infowars horse and casting glances at the LA Times and HuffPo and Fox News or where ever as you're racing along the yellow brick road, sometimes it can get a little hard to tell what exactly everyone else is doing. But I promise you that the internet represents so many eyes, there's coverage on anything. Many of the law, econ, and culture blogs I read regularly have been talking about PROTECT-IP (the House version of which became SOPA) since it was introduced in May of 2011, and were all over COICA in the prior term. Also on board early were Matt Yglesias over at ThinkProgress, some computing/web security sites, and a tiny group you might never have heard of called the ACLU, who also hopped on SOPA when it dropped (along with all other aforementioned parties).

Oh, plus the New York Times. And Wired. And...

Most of the Infowars appeal is the way they take these stories and put them on the page with the hysterical Alex Jones headlines. It's about how much they inflate these and splash them with blood all across the website and try to give the sense that they're renegade news reporters covering the stuff other people aren't, and that readers on "in on it" by continuing to follow their site. But that just isn't the case. And it isn't the case that the public is ignoring the influence of government in society. The thing is, most people realize that just FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT is not a proper response, and nobody can agree on just what constitutes undue government encroachment in private lives, what we should allow and what we shouldn't and why. And the government is a slow, inefficient vehicle for addressing these concerns, which of course must be done because we're talking about government to begin with. The only truly deluded people are those who believe they're the only ones thinking about this stuff, especially when there are so many examples to the contrary. The truly deluded people are the ones who already have 'the answers'.

But I'll go further and say the idea of Alex Jones and Infowars bringing "attention" to government control is just skewed self-serving bullshit anyway, and completely without merit, because that's the whole M.O. of their brand of salable conspiracy theorism: "they" (who are big and powerful and scary) are out to get you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    /\/\/\

You re absolutely right. The honest truth is that I wouldn't know where to go to get a steady stream of alternative headlines other than the site in question. If you could suggest a place that you consider less dramatic and more credible I would be happy to bookmark it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hasn't InfoWars declared World War 3 since 2002?

I don't know what to think of them. On one hand, they had credible intel on Operation: Fast And Furious. On the other - they're sensationalist tools who decry Obama was a CIA plant, and "FEMA is the Auschwitz".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course they have activated their jobs before the elections and try to tell people how bright, clever and honest they are.. But when become a president everything will be forgotten and new war will be started...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post

WAAAAAY TOO MUCH TR00F
    FOR FOX NEWS

O_O

Someone totally smoked a joint before they went on air.

edit, i kept watching that and jesus the guy sounds like he's narrating the plot of the latest suspense movie coming out in a theater near you.
    Last edited by halloween; 04-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Someone totally smoked a joint before they went on air.

edit, i kept watching that and jesus the guy sounds like he's narrating the plot of the latest suspense movie coming out in a theater near you.
    I just kept expecting him to break into rwib: "what if everything around you... Isn't quite as it seems?"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)