Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Lush. reform in 2016

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Lush. reform in 2016

So the british group Lush, sometimes Shoegaze / Dreampop, sometimes brit-pop, are reforming in 2016. A new 5-album box set is due out, as well as a vinyl re-issue of their best-of:

http://lush.sandbaghq.com/chorus.html

and

I'm a bit new to the group, but I think I prefer their shoegaze/early stuff.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    They have a new EP coming out next year too. Justin from Elastica is on drums for these upcoming shows.

I like their earlier material too....its absolutely fucking stunning.....1989-1992...the Robin Guthrie produced material...Gala and Spooky.
    Split has some great moments. But i feel was a bit all over the place.
    i also really like their shouty Britpop stripped down material on Lovelife.

I never thought they would reform. Miki did not seem to be into the idea at all a few years ago. I always thought they were one of those bands though that split up too early.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I drove three hours to see their tour with Scheer back in 1995 when I was 16 years old, lol. Great fucking show! I'd happily do it all over again...looking forward to seeing if I can make it another show finally after a 20 year lull.

:)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was wondering when the boxset would come out, as it was announced at the same time as their reunion and I couldn't find any store entries for it at the time. I'm glad I can get it for Christmas until 2016, at least.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Lush are amazing. 'Split' is a titan in the shoegaze/dreampop canon

So this album boxset won't be released in a vinyl format then? That sucks. Especially with all the cashing-in on vinyl that's been happening this past year. People would buy that shit just to get their hands on the 'Split' and 'Lovelife' vinyls alone.
    Seems that way. On the plus side, it's a reasonably-priced 5CD box. The best-of double-vinyl release looks sweet. Obviously not as good as the full albums would be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love this band and will have a crush on Miki Berenyi forever and always.