Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I really like Teething and Can't Even Breathe, both featured on crappy movie soundtracks - though Teething also exists in demo form on (Like) Linus.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's not particularly outstanding, but here goes:
    Adrenaline: Birthmark
    Around the Fur: My Own Summer
    White Pony: Change
    Deftones: Hexagram or Minerva
    Saturday Night Wrist: Hole in the Earth
    Diamond Eyes: Risk or Diamond Eyes
    Koi No Yokan: Tempest
    Gore: Prayers Triangles
    B-Sides: Lovers

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well, looking like we'll get a new Deftones record in 2019. I imagine they will want to take the time to flesh it out. I remember in March there was news about them working on the next album. So in that time they got about 6 or 7 tracks. They seem to like the number 11 lately as their last 3 albums had 11 tracks. Probably at least another few months for writing, then recording and mixing, then mastering, and finally the usual 3 month label build/up promotion side. Perhaps early next year? End of 2018 seems pretty close. Either way, I am psyched! I have fallen in love with Gore since its release.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    More?

Bring it on!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Nice! They're way ahead of the curve if they already have six or seven songs being worked on. Hopefully around this time next year we're reading all the internet studio engineers bitching without merit about the production on a new album..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Nice! They're way ahead of the curve if they have six or seven songs written. Hopefully around this time next year we're reading all the internet studio engineers bitching without merit about the production of a new album..
    This is not a Deftones' song though. Chino collaborated with Tyler Bates and Gil Sharone on this:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/he...brief-exchange

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Nice! They're way ahead of the curve if they already have six or seven songs being worked on. Hopefully around this time next year we're reading all the internet studio engineers bitching without merit about the production on a new album..
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    This is not a Deftones' song though. Chino collaborated with Tyler Bates and Gil Sharone on this:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/he...brief-exchange
    he was referring to october midnight's post, not the DC song.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    word. my bad.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    word. my bad.
    no problem! i thought i had put the emoji at the end of my post but i guess i didn't. hope you didn't think i was being a dick.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New album news! Really wish I could try some of the Deftones exclusive beer they have been coming out with. The cans are pretty friggin nice to look at.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Nice. Better than anything from Gore.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Song rips. Don't read that Metal series though...it's so goddamn goofy and out there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    At the Meltdown Festival, Deftones busted out a few older jams including, fittingly, their Cure cover.

Article with videos.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Really wish I could try some of the Deftones exclusive beer they have been coming out with. The cans are pretty friggin nice to look at.
    Phantom Bride was really good! Good Morning Beautiful is just ok. The one I'll try next is Digital Bath.

And in other news, Chino Moreno can't get Justin Bieber songs out of his head! The bit about Coldplay is just so funny:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post, but I just found this thirteen favorite records list by Chino. So diverse! After reading it I now want to hear to:
    Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore - Sunset Mission
    Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut
    M83 - Saturdays=Youth
    Pantha Du Prince - Black Noise
    Sade - Love Deluxe
    Too Short - Born To Mack

and maybe the Tortoise, Brian Eno and Fever Ray albums. Anyone with some input from these albums listed by Chino?
    http://thequietus.com/articles/05329...records?page=1

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    That M83 album is great! The Hum album is fun too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I love Hum's You'd Prefer An Astronaut. Chino has said how that album influenced Deftones' sound and White Pony's album cover was definitely inspired by You'd Prefer An Astronaut's cover. Also, check Hum's b-side track "Boy With Stick" off the Stars single.

You can definitely hear where Deftones were influenced on this one...
    Last edited by neorev; 08-05-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Phantom Bride was really good! Good Morning Beautiful is just ok. The one I'll try next is Digital Bath.
    I was able to order both Phantom Bride and Digital Bath. Tried Digital Bath first and it was right up my alley. Citrus taste with a nice hoppy kick to the throat just like it explains on the can. Some of the best beer I've tasted for sure!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I gateway’d into eno via small craft via nin ghosts which have some similarities

That fever ray album is utter magic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My intro to Eno was through Deadsy (sampled a bit from Ambient 1: Music for Airports). From there, I went to Here Come the Warm Jets, Another Green World, and Taking Tiger Mountain. Those four records would be my Eno starter kit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    What's the general consensus on Back To School? Is White Pony better with or without it? The song was never intended for the record, only added later by the label in an attempt to make more money from the nu metal crowd.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    What's the general consensus on Back To School? Is White Pony better with or without it? The song was never intended for the record, only added later by the label in an attempt to make more money from the nu metal crowd.
    i think that given the band dislike it, we all should, too haha

i don't have it as part of my rip of the CD because i never really enjoyed it, and i felt like it started the album off on a weird note that doesn't flow or make sense with anything else on there. feiticeira is such a unique album-opener that displacing it seems wrong.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i don't have it as part of my rip of the CD because i never really enjoyed it, and i felt like it started the album off on a weird note that doesn't flow or make sense with anything else on there. feiticeira is such a unique album-opener that displacing it seems wrong.
    agreed.
    In fact, that song put me off of listening to White Pony for awhile because I thought it would suck.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Wait it's at the front of the CD? How odd! My CD doesn't have it on at all - must have been one of the early pressings. I quite like Back to School but I'm not devastated that it doesn't have a vinyl release.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's on my iTunes, but I have it unchecked so that when the album starts, it opens with Feiticeira just like it did when I bought the CD from Target in 2000.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Going to be in the minority here, but i do prefer "White Pony" with "Back to School" on it.
    The version i bought a long time ago was the "white cover", at the time i didn't know about the "Back to School" controversy, so to me the album has always been that way.
    Even there was a video for the song, so i always considered it part of the album...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don’t mind Back to School and I always owned the white cover version of the CD so I’m used to it.