Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I didn't see a thread for this film so I figured I would start one. The red band trailer got released on the 24th.......

Regular Trailer

Red Band:

discuss......
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 06-03-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks stupid but it is based off a best selling book so who knows?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I finished reading the book last week, actually really, really enjoyed it even though perhaps it dilutes the wrongs of slavery to something it wasn't i.e. Spoiler: must save slaves to stop vampires using them as food. Lincoln is basically portrayed as a super intelligent badass but at the same time his story is incredibly tragic, he never really gets what he deserves until the end and I hope they make more of John Wilkes Booth's character as I found that to be quite interesting, having him as a sort of Moriarty to Lincoln's Holmes and in the book they basically keep him hidden away until the final chapters. Not seen much of the film other than the trailer but I'm actually looking forward to it a lot.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I love the movie poster for this film

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Obviously is going to suck cock like every vampire movie in the last couple of years. plus it's 3D.
    Didn't know this was based from a book, and if i recall correctly the script was #1 in the Blacklist, which for some reason made me think it was an original work.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Trailer is OP was taken down. What does Trent have to do with this again? A cameo?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This just looks silly... but yet I am still intrigued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This just looks silly... but yet I am still intrigued.
    Yeah, like a car accident, you just can't stop looking at.
    Last edited by redzora; 06-04-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    for some ghastly reason, Trent was attached to the sdtk for a few days. thank god that didnt happen.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    original trailers are fixed

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Trailer is OP was taken down. What does Trent have to do with this again? A cameo?
    Yes, he's supposed to have a cameo in the movie, so unless it ends up on the cutting room floor we'll get to see his first big-screen appearance since Light of Day!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So I've been on the road FOREVER but I've finally made it back home recently, and I've been salving the wounds in a variety of manners; most recently including taping a triple-feature of two Bill Maher stand-up specials and one of Dana Gould's best overnight a couple days ago. All of which I've of course seen countless times but it's nice to see them all in one place like that and they're CLASSICS so w/e.

Anyway, it turns out the VHS videotape caught Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter after all that, too.

I've been unfortunately called away from the film roughly midway through on internet business but felt compelled to bump this thread while I'm here before RUSHING back to finish it.

THIS MOVIE IS FUCKING
    CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED.

The casting.

The script.

The choreography.

The cinematography.

The direction.

Holy fucking HELL, it's fucking AWESOME.

Mind you, I'm well aware that it might all fall apart at the seams by the end, but even if it's just the first half that's this great, it was still an entirely worthwhile endeavor and experience.

Anyone who's familiar with Tamur Bekmambetov's work (all I've seen over the years prior to this is Nightwatch, Daywatch, and Wanted) should get pretty much what they expect, and if that's not good enough for you then ur doing the whole "injoying moofies" thing rong.

So, I'm off to finish this visual FEAST of a film and hoping to come back with further positive words about the whole thing.

Likewise, I wondered if anyone here might be able to shed some light on exactly which character and/or what scene Trent Reznor had been in discussions regarding? Or at least any prevailing theories regarding the same? Or did the talks not even make it that far?

Frankly, I'm really regretting that didn't happen right now.

:-\

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've said it before: This movie was better than Spielberg's Lincoln. Spielberg's Lincoln just assumes you think the man is awesome, demand you treat him with reverence, and never offers any real character development.

In Vampire Hunter, Lincoln is a vulnerable young man. we see him at his weakest! He has an actual character arc. The action is oer the top and wacky, but the story telling is legitimately good in a way that it's rival, the Spielberg version, just is not.

Also, in Spielberg's version, Lincoln never has any horses thrown at him. Why would you ever want to watch that.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I love that movie. I'm a fan of Timur Bekmambetov and I knew exactly what I was getting into when I watched it and it did not disappoint.

It's over the top crazy but it's one hell of a ride. And like all Bekmambetov movies, it's visually stunning.

As for what role Trent was rumored to have played, I think it was Jack Barts. When I saw the movie, I was very glad Trent didn't play it because it's not just a cameo role and the always fantastic Marton Csokas was awesome.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)