Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This movie shot down a lot of my expectations. The original was wayyyy better than this garbage rehash. His transformation was way too quick for me, the cheesy ass skateboarding segment was awkward and stupid, and the way he just adapted to his powers so quickly after the subway scene just made no sense to me. Everything felt so rushed and the pacing was horrible. Garfield, Stone, and Rhys Ifans were all great in the acting department. The Spidey suit was top notch, and the webslinging and action scenes were to die for. I liked how they made Spider-Man come off as more sarcastic and it seemed they were more true to how he acts with the mask on. They could have done so much more with this, but for me it fell flat. I am going to re-watch the original and see how much more ass it really did kick. Nothing will top Spider-Man 2.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This movie shot down a lot of my expectations. The original was wayyyy better than this garbage rehash. His transformation was way too quick for me, the cheesy ass skateboarding segment was awkward and stupid, and the way he just adapted to his powers so quickly after the subway scene just made no sense to me. Everything felt so rushed and the pacing was horrible. Garfield, Stone, and Rhys Ifans were all great in the acting department. The Spidey suit was top notch, and the webslinging and action scenes were to die for. I liked how they made Spider-Man come off as more sarcastic and it seemed they were more true to how he acts with the mask on. They could have done so much more with this, but for me it fell flat. I am going to re-watch the original and see how much more ass it really did kick. Nothing will top Spider-Man 2.
    It amuses me that people keep talking about how quick the transformation was when a lot of those people complained about seeing all that over again. Raimi's movies were fine, but this is from the same guy that did the Evil Dead series, so, of course, they're going to be more on the tongue-in-cheek, cartoony side. That being said... Webb took the character and put him into a more realistic realm, but not taking it as far as Nolan does. I think it's a good balance and I'm definitely looking forward to future films in this series.

Also: for those of you still complaining about how soon the series got a reboot, realize that comic book characters typically have multiple interpretations from different story tellers. A new film series is no different than a new comic series featuring the web-slinger.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Why does Raimi's involvement necessarily entail tongue-in-cheek cartoonishness? You know he's made movies other than Evil Dead, right?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus T. Cosmonaut View Post
    Why does Raimi's involvement necessarily entail tongue-in-cheek cartoonishness? You know he's made movies other than Evil Dead, right?
    I am aware. I guess I can't explain it any more than I did... I just feel like Raimi added a bunch of silliness to his series; one particular scene that comes to mind is Peter figuring out what hand gesture shoots the organic web. I'm not saying I hate the films at all, I just feel that Webb is taking it a little more serious while maintaining the type of humor presented in the comics. That's just me...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    WATCH THIS. Then maybe you will agree just how cartoony, lame and cheesy Sam Raimi's trilogy was

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wasn't saying his Spider-Man movies were not cartoonish, I was challenging Triggermine's implication that Raimi's involvement means of course a project must be cartoonish.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the new Spider-Man movie!

My only problem was with the Lizard's final plan, which was very cheap and didn't make much sense. This is the kind of thing that people who never read comic books think comic book villains do.

But I can get over it. Everything else clicked for me, the cast was dead on, the visuals were great, and the Lizard was surprisingly frightening (especially during fight scenes).

My 2 cents on the reboot thing: Spider-Man -even in the comics- tend to lose it's charm once he's a grown up. Trust me, it's not much fun seeing the guy get married and have kids. He's someone who works the best as a young adult. The cast of the original Raimi films were getting too old for the roles. And the creative juice was running out by Spider-Man 3...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    WATCH THIS. Then maybe you will agree just how cartoony, lame and cheesy Sam Raimi's trilogy was

This video sucked. Most of the issues it brought up are completely non-issues, like the American flag, Doc-Oc's arms, the extras in Spider-Man 2... The effects in the first movie are just dated, but were great at the time. Willem Defoe rocked the Green Goblin. Etc.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Pardon the intrusion here, I've only skimmed the thread since I haven't had a chance to catch the new movie yet and don't wanna catch too many spoilers, but THIS caught my eye and demanded attention:

You mean like Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Darkman, and Drag Me to Hell?

I mean, I know he's done a lot of other stuff. And I haven't seen most of it so I can't really comment on that...but THIS is what he's best known for by the public and, well, COME ON.

Tongue-in-cheek and cartoony to the EXTREME.

And don't even get me started on TV shit he's produced like "Hercules," "Xena: Warrior Princess," "Legend of the Seeker," etc.

OUCH.

Is that ALL he does?

No.

But tongue-in-cheek and cartoony is a pretty good bet at this point.

:-\

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Pardon the intrusion here, I've only skimmed the thread since I haven't had a chance to catch the new movie yet and don't wanna catch too many spoilers, but THIS caught my eye and demanded attention:

You mean like Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Darkman, and Drag Me to Hell?

I mean, I know he's done a lot of other stuff. And I haven't seen most of it so I can't really comment on that...but THIS is what he's best known for by the public and, well, COME ON.

Tongue-in-cheek and cartoony to the EXTREME.

And don't even get me started on TV shit he's produced like "Hercules," "Xena: Warrior Princess," "Legend of the Seeker," etc.

OUCH.

Is that ALL he does?

No.

But tongue-in-cheek and cartoony is a pretty good bet at this point.

:-\
    Sam Raimi can do ANYTHING - he's a fucking super hero himself and Spiderman 2 was fantastic. To further the argument, here's a clip from A Simple Plan

To keep on topic - I'm prepared to be disappointed, but I hear Dennis Leary is actually pretty good in this too, is that right?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post

To keep on topic - I'm prepared to be disappointed, but I hear Dennis Leary is actually pretty good in this too, is that right?
    Dennis Leary did quite well. But then again, he was playing an asshole type charachter, and those are the roles Leary is know for, so it worked.

But EVERYONE did an amazing job at the acting. Especially Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. Garfield just nailed the Peter Parker role down to a "T".
    Overall, the acting is spectacular, the effects are good, but it doesn't bring anything new to the table (well, asside from the tiny backstory about Peters parents), and I think that's the movie's downfall. I have been hearing such good things about the acting and effects and writing and directing, but what I think people are dissappointed and shunning it about is the fact it's the same old Origin story about how he became Spider-man that people are bored to death of.

That's the only negaitve thing to be said about this film. While watching it, it's almost like you alreadyknow everything that is going to happen. There are little to no elements of surprise. I like the reboot way better than the original for it's darker and more serious tone, but I think it's gaining negative public opinion for being almost a carbon copy to Sam Raimi's first movie.

I'll admi, the movie didn't blow me away after watching it. I wasn't on the edge of my seat for any of it, I wasn't wondering how it was going to end or what was coming next. It was a pretty bland movie going experience when it was all said and done. I enjoyed the movie, but it could have been ALOT better if they did a whole new story ark rather then rebooting it from the start.

What I am extremely concenred about though is for the SEQUEL.. I'm hearing rumors of the villian and continuation and it's more ho-hum yawnary if you ask me...
    Spoiler: So apparently for the sequel we are getting none other than... *drum roll*... out good friend the Green Gobiln. Can you say waste of film space? Seriously, it's already been done! It's going to be another Sam Raimi Rehash if they take that route. I understand what Marc Webb is trying to do, but he needs to be a little more original. They are going for the Death Of Gwen Stacey story arc here. Green Goblin will come in next and kill her... Now whether they are going to be doing that in the next movie, or over the course of 2 more movies, it is unknown... but something tells me the next movie is gonna be boring as well if they do more Green Goblin. I'd like to see someone new again... Rhino, Electro, Maybe even Vulture (as lame as he kind of is). I'd really, really like the Maximum Carnage story Arc to commence, but that will NEVER happen.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    A sequel with this film reboot? What a surprise, gotta milk everything to death for as much as it's worth. Consider me uninterested, just like I am with this first film of this reboot. They're trying so hard to make it a serious Spider-Man, trying to cash in on success of Nolan's Batman in the same vain.

I only ever really liked the first Spider-Man film from 2002. Never bothered to watch 2 and what they did with Venom and Eddie Brock in 3 turned me off so much I couldn't be asked. Venom is one of my favorite comic book characters of all time and they made him....entirely wrong in 3.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-08-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Just like Space Suicide said, the other movies ruined Spidey for us (specially part 3) so im very skeptic with this one, maybe i'll watch it sometime on a bootleg copy or download it in a near future just because im curious to watch the Lizard and i think that's about it...

Just after watching i'll know if it's a good idea making a sequel but from the start sounds like a lousy idea (much like Ghost Rider part 2)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    There was no Daily Bugle, and No JJJ. That right there was a fail in my book. It also felt like they just threw in him webbing his camera to get a picture of The Lizard just to make up for having a lot of key elements missing in this movie. If they do make a sequel with The Green Goblin, it would be sweet if they would make a more grotesque mask, or even have an arc from the Hobgoblin days. But a Carnage story arc, or even the symbiote story arc would be to die for and not to make Venom look like a scrawny alien.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ok, to suggest that this new version of spiderman isn't equally as lame and cheesey as the old ones is just.

Sam Raimi's Spiderman's are at least self aware about it. They know they're cheesey and they try to make it work. The writing in the new movie is pretty terrible, there's no easy way to sympathize with any of the characters, and there motivations and reactions are never convincing. it's never the fault of the actors.... the script just sucked. Who put's a girl from school as their computer desktop? It just seems wierd and creepy. Raimi's Parker was at least close friends with his girl... Really the new ones are just as cheesey, even if it's difficult to tell sometimes under its modern veil. It certainly tries to hide it.

It's all so procedural and cold. The movie doesn't seem to care about what's going on in it, and neither does the audience since its something we've all done before. Having just watched Spiderman 2 again last night, at least that one had some feeling behind it. It cares about it's characters and the audience can sympathize with Peter Parker and Co. are experiencing. Sam Raimi actually took advantage​ of how cheesey it was, and I think it still holds up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Spoiler: So apparently for the sequel we are getting none other than... *drum roll*... out good friend the Green Gobiln. Can you say waste of film space? Seriously, it's already been done! It's going to be another Sam Raimi Rehash if they take that route. I understand what Marc Webb is trying to do, but he needs to be a little more original. They are going for the Death Of Gwen Stacey story arc here. Green Goblin will come in next and kill her... Now whether they are going to be doing that in the next movie, or over the course of 2 more movies, it is unknown... but something tells me the next movie is gonna be boring as well if they do more Green Goblin. I'd like to see someone new again... Rhino, Electro, Maybe even Vulture (as lame as he kind of is). I'd really, really like the Maximum Carnage story Arc to commence, but that will NEVER happen.
    Spoiler: Oh, really? What'd you think of The Dark Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Who put's a girl from school as their computer desktop?
    I thought he just had photo editing software up and he happened to have that particular image in frame...
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 07-08-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Spoiler: Oh, really? What'd you think of The Dark Knight?
    This doesn't have to be a spoiler tag... but since Triggermine did a spoiler tag I guess I'll throw one on here too... also, this is kind of derailing from the thread...
    The below comment has nothing to do with Spider-man.
    Spoiler: I actually couldn't stand The Dark Knight. It was the only batman movie I absolutly hated and wanted my money back after I saw it in the theatre. Actually, funny you should bring this up, I literally JUST posted my opinion of The Dark Knight over in the dark Knight Rises thread. It's on the last page right now how I mentioned that I couln't stand the movie and thought it was over-rated and swore off going to see the new one and was boycotting all advertisments and trailers. Which then got me thinking... What if I go into the dark knight rises completly blind, like having not watched any of the trailers, maybe my expectations are so low for disliking The Dark Knight so much, I might actually enjoy the new one... So I'm contemplating seeing it. Probably catch a cheap showing on like toonie tuesday or something.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ok, to suggest that this new version of spiderman isn't equally as lame and cheesey as the old ones is just.

Sam Raimi's Spiderman's are at least self aware about it. They know they're cheesey and they try to make it work. The writing in the new movie is pretty terrible, there's no easy way to sympathize with any of the characters, and there motivations and reactions are never convincing. it's never the fault of the actors.... the script just sucked. Who put's a girl from school as their computer desktop? It just seems wierd and creepy. Raimi's Parker was at least close friends with his girl... Really the new ones are just as cheesey, even if it's difficult to tell sometimes under its modern veil. It certainly tries to hide it.

It's all so procedural and cold. The movie doesn't seem to care about what's going on in it, and neither does the audience since its something we've all done before. Having just watched Spiderman 2 again last night, at least that one had some feeling behind it. It cares about it's characters and the audience can sympathize with Peter Parker and Co. are experiencing. Sam Raimi actually took advantage​ of how cheesey it was, and I think it still holds up.
    I am watching Spidey 2 right now on FX, and I just do not see how anyone can think the new one was better than this or even the first installment. The Amazing Spider-Man had no character development at all and the pacing again was just horrible. I agree that it was not the actors fault that the script and production was so bad. Seeing Garfield trying to show his emotion for Uncle Ben dying right in front of him was so ridiculous. I couldn't take it seriously at all. But lets be real here, what super hero movies aren't cheesy? Or have at least a good handful of cheesy parts of lines in them? Even though The Dark Knight was not a marvel film, god there were so many cheesy laughable parts in that film and I do agree to this day that it is way overrated; that is another debate on it's own though.

Raimi's films produced a pretty good script, great characters, and like what was said above...some EMOTION. Even though the CGI is very obvious in the older films and take over the realism sometimes, who cares? These movies were made almost 7 to 8 years ago so of course there are going to be flaws in the CGI itself. But after watching Spider-Man 2 again, I can say that the action sequences are still great and keep you at the edge of your seat. The Amazing Spider-Man barely kept my attention, even it the fighting and web slinging looked a lot better.

Oh, and just to add about Carnage:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...inimum-carnage
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-09-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think there are a lot of people out there, including myself, who want to see the carnage thing come to fruition. It seems difficult to execute, though. Its territory to be tread very ligtly, as there are a lot of steps along the way, most importantly getting venom right. If you look at the comics right now, it doesnt even seem like Marvel is getting Venom right. Right now venom duel wields pistols and works for a government agency. And hes Flash Thompson! In so many ways hes a different character now. It makes me nervous.

So maybe we HAVE seen them plant thise first se eds. Sony IS developing a Venom solo pic. And it seems crazy misguided to n not to tie it in to the spiderma movies... itll be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This doesn't have to be a spoiler tag... but since Triggermine did a spoiler tag I guess I'll throw one on here too... also, this is kind of derailing from the thread...
    The below comment has nothing to do with Spider-man.
    Spoiler: I actually couldn't stand The Dark Knight. It was the only batman movie I absolutly hated and wanted my money back after I saw it in the theatre. Actually, funny you should bring this up, I literally JUST posted my opinion of The Dark Knight over in the dark Knight Rises thread. It's on the last page right now how I mentioned that I couln't stand the movie and thought it was over-rated and swore off going to see the new one and was boycotting all advertisments and trailers. Which then got me thinking... What if I go into the dark knight rises completly blind, like having not watched any of the trailers, maybe my expectations are so low for disliking The Dark Knight so much, I might actually enjoy the new one... So I'm contemplating seeing it. Probably catch a cheap showing on like toonie tuesday or something.
    I only did the spoiler tag for consistency. As for your reply... Fair enough. I'll go over to the other thread and check out your post to get more insight. I was just hoping my initial reply would be a good counter-argument, but, if you didn't like the film, I guess that's out the window.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post

Oh, and just to add about Carnage:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...inimum-carnage
    Verrrry Interesting! The name is lame, but hopefully something good comes from this.
    Not sure what to except of it either, but if it spawns some sort of mini-movie or video game I'll be interested. if it's just a new series of comics then count me out. I haven't bought or read a comic in decades, lol. So I have no idea what direction any of these superheros and Villians have taken these days. Someone else here mentioned something about Flash Gordon being Venom now with 2 pistols or some nonsense?? Yeah... No thanks! No interest in that rubbish.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Verrrry Interesting! The name is lame, but hopefully something good comes from this.
    Not sure what to except of it either, but if it spawns some sort of mini-movie or video game I'll be interested. if it's just a new series of comics then count me out. I haven't bought or read a comic in decades, lol. So I have no idea what direction any of these superheros and Villians have taken these days. Someone else here mentioned something about Flash Gordon being Venom now with 2 pistols or some nonsense?? Yeah... No thanks! No interest in that rubbish.
    Yea man, I just do not see it. Eddie Brock will always be Venom to me in this comics. I think the last comic book I read was actually from the Maximum Carnage series back in 1995. Comics are a dying breed anyway unfortunately. I really hope for something to come out of this but my expectations are no where near anything at the moment.

And I was thinking about the movie at work today and holy shit did I love the part when Spidey dodges those bullet at point blank range! God that was so bad ass.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Saw this over the weekend and I really wanted to like it, but it just seemed to soon to tell the spiderman story again. I read some people saying the transformation into spiderman was too fast. I 100% disagree. That took waaaaaay to long to happen. the first 40 minutes of the movie dragged on so long. Peter Parker gets bit by a radioactive spider and gets super powers. Shouldn't take 40 minutes. Once the action scenes did come along the special effects were great, but after 3 spidey movies the nostalgia of watching him swing through the city was lost.

Great movie, bad timing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Saw this over the weekend and I really wanted to like it, but it just seemed to soon to tell the spiderman story again. I read some people saying the transformation into spiderman was too fast. I 100% disagree. That took waaaaaay to long to happen. the first 40 minutes of the movie dragged on so long. Peter Parker gets bit by a radioactive spider and gets super powers. Shouldn't take 40 minutes. Once the action scenes did come along the special effects were great, but after 3 spidey movies the nostalgia of watching him swing through the city was lost.

Great movie, bad timing.

I think more people are trying to say that after he gets bit, he is on the subway and then after him having a bad sleep, he just wakes up and is sticking to things and kicking people.

In the original he is not feeling good, and having cold sweats; it seemed more believable to me. They just build it up much better in the original about him developing his new powers. The scene when he saves MJ from falling, him sensing Flash's punch in school and showing everything else he is sensing in the hallway.... it was all done so much better. Even him messing up with smashing into a wall trying to swing.. in the new one he is just swinging around buildings already (was it the practice on those chains in that cheesy ass skateboard scene??) It's like the people that made the new one want you to assume that he already did all of that and you don't have to see it again. The couple of things they brought new to the table like him making a new suit, making his web shooters, they could have done so much more with what they had and went into depth with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since the original trilogy is still pretty fresh in everybody's mind, I actually prefer how quick his transformation is in this. The first Raimi movie did a great job at showing Peter getting his powers and I don't think we need to see him go through it again. We all know who Spider-Man is, his powers, his origin. There's no need to rehash. Honestly, I would've been completely fine if his origin was all in the opening credits like The Incredible Hulk.

Although, as much as I would've preferred a much shorter transformation, Spoiler: I thought it was hilarious when he smashed his alarm clock halfway through the first beep.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    I read some people saying the transformation into spiderman was too fast. I 100% disagree. That took waaaaaay to long to happen. the first 40 minutes of the movie dragged on so long. Peter Parker gets bit by a radioactive spider and gets super powers. Shouldn't take 40 minutes.
    I think you may be misinterperting what we mean by the transformation being too fast. We don't mean the 40 minute buildup to when he gets bitten, I am quite alright with everything that leads up to that point. It's the fact he gets bitten at like 4 in the afternoon leaving Oscorp Tower and next think you know he wakes up on the subway with 100% full blown superpowers. That was way too quick, he probably wouldn't see results that quick. I can see the next morning after going to bed, but no way from a short afternoon nap on the subway train home and then all of a sudden you get woken up and you have super strength, and reflexes and can stick to ceiling walls without trouble.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So now I finally saw it in full and I have to say that I like it way more than the first Spiderman and Spiderman 3! The Amazing Spider-Man is right up there with Spiderman 2 IMHO.

Although the Lizard really looked too much like the Super Mario Bros. Goombas they got him fairly right and as already said the acting was quite good for a movie of that sort. It was no Dark Knight (which I don't like either to be honest), but I liked it for its slightly higher grittyness and bleakness. The action and swinging scenes were great!

Garfield may have come off too whiny in some parts, but did a way better job than Maguire. Than again that was not too hard to do.

Only thing that I really dislike about this reboot is that it looks like we have to go through every single thing again with these new actors. And c'mon... the Goblin? Huge dissapointment if it's true.

EDIT: Screw my iPad!
    Last edited by dlb; 07-11-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this film. It was just refreshing to be back in the Spidey world to be honest. Really enjoyed the environment they created. Was it perfect? Far from it. But I think Webb did a respectable job, and I thought most of the casting decisions were spot on. Garfield was aces, loved his attitude and delivery.

I bought into most of the emotional moments too. Maybe that makes me a sap. There were a few cringe worthy moments I could have done without though. For example, I was down with the New Yorkers helping busted ass Spidey with the alignment of the steel girders, but when the random dude came in and swung the beam down to save him shortly thereafter that was definitely pushing it. And the Gwen Stacey antidote sequence? Hmmm... a machine in the middle of the room basically labeled antidote maker that verbally communicates "antidote is ready" when the serum is finished certainly suspended the believeablity factor for a moment. I was fine with the Lizard CGI, it could have been better, but it was better than what I had expected from the trailers, and I was glad there was some lab coat action at points as well.

I think the after the credits scene was screwed up royally, which was frustrating. It was obviously Norman Osborn, but leaving it up for debate and not introducing the character properly was a very flawed decision. I understand there are casting issues, but come on. There are many creative ways around that. At this point, the way I see them going is this; PT 2 will show more of Norman, but still as more of a string puller than as the villan. I bet we get a Mysterio or Scorpion type baddie for Spidey to grow against. So basically Osbourn hires that villain to take on Spidey, as they flesh out more of Oscorp, Peter's Parents backstory, Peter at the Bugle, and possibly Eddie Brock to set up a solo Venom film in the process. Then for the 3rd after Spidey defeats said baddie, Osborn realizes he needs to take care of Spidey himself, further develops the Goblin tech, and kills Gwen on the bridge just as their romance was finally starting to bloom, and it ends with a very somber tone as Gobby remains at large afterward and Spidey vows to protect the city in her honor, etc.

I would be down with taking that journey through two more films. Gwen definitely needs to die though. I'm even down with the Goblin being the villan again in the sequel just so long as she dies. Nothing against the character or the actress, but it just has always bugged me because Gwen's death should have been the first story told back when the original Spidey got greenlit in the first place. It sets up so much of why Peter Parker is the way he is. How you gloss over that is beyond me. Getting the first part of the origin story or the general plot of a comic book film told is easy, the second half is always toughest to wrap up (see Spidey 1, X-Men, X2, X3, Wolverine, etc) and you had this absolute fastball teed up for you with Gwen and they just fucking wasted it, multiple times no less. No excuse for that. I assume the reason that the dickless Hollywood execs thought it was too risky to kill a main character that early in a franchise that is geared towards kids? Bambi motherfuckers. BAMBI. Such fucking pussies.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Well Spiderman has finally come to China along with Batman. They've been released at the same time so it feels like there's a Spiderman VS. Batman vibe going on. Case in point, at the theatre I was at they had life-sized cutouts of Batman and Spiderman next to each other. It was kind of awesome. Choose the superhero you want to see, and after you're done, see the next one.

I thought the tone of the film was well done. Spiderman was a smart ass: as he should be. The actor brings more of an edge to the character than the other guy did a few years ago. Because although Peter Parker is kind of a nerd, he also gets a dose of confidence and cockiness from his new powers. The portrayal of Peter Parker in previous films was a bit goody two-shoes. The action sequences are like a comic book, but a bit grittier than previous Spiderman films, which is good. Lots of laughs. Just a pleasant experience and a fun movie. Worth watching.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I didn't like this movie... mainly because Spoiler: it sucked