Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181
Results 5,401 to 5,427 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Started LEGOing again yesterday, a set (Jazz Club) I picked up back in January but haven't really felt in the mood to do. But yeah, going well.
    Also ordered one of the 3 modular buildings that I didn't own already own... secondary market LEGO prices are... not cheap. But it is a 15 year old set...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Going to the pharmacy for a spa day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll give you a peppermint for listening to me, sweetheart.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I got lost (somehow) on my motorbike this afternoon. I managed to blow past a turn to a lake by roughly 20 miles. It worked out as I found a cooler lake. Thing is this is eastern S.D. It’s all gridlocked farm land. If I’d had my riding pants on I’d have burned down some gravel roads. Was nice to get out for a few hours even if my body is sore.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    My church randomly sent me a check for like $350.

I haven't been in like, a month, because of this weird shit with my neck, so I ASSUME it's for healthcare?
    But then, they all know my DWI charge SHOULD be coming up, any day.
    FURTHERMORE, there had been talk of them buying me a bass guitar, or a new guitar in general... In which case, I BETTER come up with one.

Idk WHAT the fuck, tbh! But, damn. It's nice to be part of a community... ESPECIALLY a non-dogmatic community wherein they respect my mystical interpretation of the faith.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    ^^^^^ update on that....

THE CHURCH GAVE ME MONEY TO PAY THE IMPENDING FEE FOR MY DWI!

I asked, and that's specifically what it's for.

Not all denominations are the same, y'all.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Things are not perfect by any means, but I am thankful to be in a great relationship and in love again after firmly believing that just wasn’t ever going to happen for me again. If all goes to plan, we will be engaged by Christmas.

Additionally, I don’t know exactly how good of a decision this is yet but I landed a new position at work. Though I technically started this new role on Monday, I agreed to finish out my workload for the month with my old job. I will officially begin training for the new job on December 1st. It’s the same department so it’s not a complete departure. I’m nervous and excited.

That’ll just about do it for this hokey post. Hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving. Many of you mean more to me than you know. I really do love and appreciate this place.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @Swykk , you're a good dude. Standard issue hyper intelligent depressive cat.
    But, of course it would happen.
    Womyn dig our crazy asses, for some reason.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That sounds wonderful @Swykk !

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I just saw a commercial for True Detective: Night Country (S04)!

This time, it's Jodie Foster and Kali Reis, the boxer and indie actress, with all episodes written and directed by indie horror darling Issa Lopez.
    DAMN. It looks hardcore. It looks like it's set in Alaska, during the part where there's no sun.

Weird ass show..."we'll put out the next season like, whenever the fuck we want...if we feel like it." Lol

Still, I LOVE it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The trailer for the new Beverly Hills cop movie reminded me of this:

Story time!

It's December 2005 and I'm the jewelry department manager in a department store that originated in Arkansas. I was in a foul mood because I just could not tolerate the bloody Xmas songs playing all day long in the store. So I decided to borrow a little portable cd player from electronics and I opened a cd as a demo to play at my counter.

That cd was Crazy Christmas Edition by Crazy Frog. And I put Axel F on repeat for 8 hours a day. Every week day. And I would go get a small stack of the album and I would sell them at my counter.

Since my brain is strangely wired, I never get tired of that song. My store manager hated it with a passion but he would not stop me because the album was selling like crazy (haha) at our store because of me.

I guess people were also tired of the Xmas songs and Crazy Frog was way more entertaining. Still love that song!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Discovering new music.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    An old friend of mine just died in an accident. When we were younger we really actually very good friends, and had recently reconnected. I found out about his passing because cEvin Key posted about it on FB. I guess he had gotten into working with Subcon and cEvin's Eurorack synth creations, but I'm not really sure. Incredibly surreal either way.

Anyway, none of that is uplifting... depressing as hell and ultimately kinda weird... But it was really good to see all the outpouring of people offering condolences and celebrating his life more than mourning the loss. It really turned something that was miserable into a reason to be thankful for the people who make your life more valuable while they're here, and to remember that when they're gone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

it's hilarious that the only person who says anything bad in the entire video is Adele slagging herself. Also the face of the person who realizes who is singing makes me laugh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Little things that cheer you up.

Bought a 2018 Tacoma today. Was able to put a decent payment on it so I’m not in too deep but deep enough for this barely housebroken degenerate. Last time I bought anything from a dealer was my Ranger 20 some years ago for substantially less.

I’m pretty stoked about it. It’s way better than my budget Civic even though that’s been a solid car. I’m mostly just excited at this point to have an updated radio. I’ve been using a jbl Bluetooth speaker since I don’t really have any cds anymore.

Last edited by Pillfred; 02-21-2024 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that almost looks tilt-shifted, like you took a picture of a toy and are trying to gaslight us into believing it's an actual truck. lol

congrats!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    that almost looks tilt-shifted, like you took a picture of a toy and are trying to gaslight us into believing it's an actual truck. lol

congrats!
    Haha Yeah some of the other photos online looked even worse. Like it was oddly suspended or something. I’ll get an actual photo here soon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Guess I’ll throw this here. I went to get an Apple Watch at BB as I noticed they were $100 off for the day online. Anyhow I was in the store looking and to my surprise a kind gentleman came and asked if I needed help. I asked if they had the ones on sale because the display models didn’t show it. I told them that I saw it online but he said that just the SE ones were. I thanked him and walked out. I went to my car and ordered one for pickup in an hour. Now it’s not exactly a total win because I still spent money there but I found it amusing just the same.

I also bought new socks. New socks always fuck.

And as promised here’s a photo of my truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Monster drink after a hard day.