Page 124 of 182 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    oh god ... i remember that. everyone was just so fucking mean.
    yeah, you awful fuckers scared me off back then ;p

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No, seriously, what really cheers me up: Following cat and kitten rescuers on Instagram (@bethostern, @kittenxlady, @bocaratona, etc.) Gives me a purpose in life, rescuing kitties, donating to rescue organizations, etc.
    Ugh. I wish I could rescue kitties - career doesn't allow it though (being gone for weeks/months at a time). I've promised myself though that once I settle down, I'll be the one who goes to the local humane society and adopts the oldest cats they have. Although I'm honestly not sure how long that will last - I don't know if I can handle the emotional drain of my feline friends dying in closer succession than if I were adopting kittens or even just younger adult cats. But it breaks my heart to see those 10-12 year old cats just loafing around in the shelters. I want to take them all home!

I guess what I'm getting at is that old felines, with their lazy and (usually) loving ways, cheer me up.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    yeah, you awful fuckers scared me off back then ;p
    oh, i couldn't post anything without being made to feel stupid. even some of the mods were wretched (cough*saturnine*cough).

to me, anyway.

on topic: i'm happy that i'm on the west coast right now. brrrrr.
    Last edited by kel; 12-31-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    oh, i couldn't post anything without being made to feel stupid. even some of the mods were wretched (cough*saturnine*cough).

to me, anyway.
    Saturnine wasn’t a mod; she wrote for the Hotline. edit: although if I'm wrong, the power that is will surely come in and smack me down, publicly and gleefully, as has been the case in the 14 years I've been here. I'm a masochist.

But, yeah, the Mods and Admins were 90% of the Clique in 2004. It was the roughest, I think, from 2003-2006. Then a BUNCH of people left the board when the ARG started and ETS was infiltrated by newbs in 2007.

Cheers me up: we’ve watched Anderson Cooper on CNN on NY Eve for years; Andy Cohen is replacing Kathy Griffin and he and Anderson are close pals, this could be a lot of fun.

We have bubbly, snacks, cracker things that blow out confetti (I fucking LOVE those); we are huddling indoors during the frigid cold. All my bird feeders are filled, my birdies and squirrels and deer got special treats for tonight, here we go!

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by allegro; 01-01-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Saturnine wasn’t a mod; she wrote for the Hotline.

But, yeah, the Mods and Admins were 90% of the Clique in 2004. It was the roughest, I think, from 2003-2006. Then a BUNCH of people left the board when the ARG started and ETS was infiltrated by newbs in 2007.

Cheers me up: we’ve watched Anderson Cooper on CNN on NY Eve for years; Andy Cohen is replacing Kathy Griffin and he and Anderson are close pals, this could be a lot of fun.

We have bubbly, snacks, cracker things that blow out confetti (I fucking LOVE those); we are huddling indoors during the frigid cold. All my bird feeders are filled, my birdies and squirrels and deer got special treats for tonight, here we go!

Happy New Year!
    happy New year YEEEAh!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's after midnight so it's my birthday! i'm 31 and still going, which is a big accomplishment for someone who has had as many issues as me. not comparing my struggle to anyone else's, though, just saying that with what i've been through, it's amazing i'm still here.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    whoopee! pot store opening up down the street. i can almost ditch my car.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Today is nine years since I've smoked meth, and 25 years since my father quit drinking.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    when the official Tumblr for a show you like reposts your content...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Flagging pro-conservative comments (particularly ones that almost have nothing to do with the rest of the content) on YouTube videos as being sexually explicit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Flagging pro-conservative comments (particularly ones that almost have nothing to do with the rest of the content) on YouTube videos as being sexually explicit.
    Can I help you do more of that?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My friend's band the Old 97's has started their own music festival in dallas and it's in its third year. It's going to have a Ferris wheel and a midway this year; it's starting to hit its stride I think. It's called the Old 97s County Fair.
    And yesterday I got a message telling me that I'm on the VIP guest list
    It really made my day.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’m shopping for my own ski boots. Really sick of rentals, so this will be awesome. Maybe my own skis, too. <3 <3

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    drag race all stars 3 FINALLY starts this week!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I’m shopping for my own ski boots. Really sick of rentals, so this will be awesome. Maybe my own skis, too. <3 <3
    that's rad. i love skiing and haven't owned my own boots since i was 14. i know you're in chicago, so where do you usually go? i live about an hour south of sun valley (idaho) and really need to invest in a new pair.

edit: sorry for the double post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Every time somebody pisses me off, say at the grocery store, while I am driving, or whatever it is that I am doing. Instead of getting mad, I just say to myself "probably a Trump supporter" it makes me laugh to myself and reduces road rage incidents.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    that's rad. i love skiing and haven't owned my own boots since i was 14. i know you're in chicago, so where do you usually go? i live about an hour south of sun valley (idaho) and really need to invest in a new pair.
    Oh wow that must be totally awesome, living an hour from Sun Valley!! We live 40 minutes from Wilmot, which is now Vail-owned, and it's really convenient and local but the highest peak is, like, 250 feet, LOL. But, it's fun to just jump into the car and go. We usually go out west to Tahoe for at least a week, but Tahoe and pretty much everything out west has had really shitty snow; Wilmot actually had the same base as Heavenly for a while. But, today it's FIFTY DEGREES again, here, so if Wilmot isn't closed down again, it will be by this afternoon. The temps are expected to drop again so they can make more snow, so our biggest problem is waiting for snow and hoping it doesn't melt again. Have you been skiing out your way this season?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had a skating accident. I was on concussion watch for 48 hours. The doctor said I should be ok now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I had a skating accident. I was on concussion watch for 48 hours. The doctor said I should be ok now.
    Ugh, that sucks, that happened to me, once, too. And I still have a scar on my chin :-) Hope you are okay.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Oh wow that must be totally awesome, living an hour from Sun Valley!! We live 40 minutes from Wilmot, which is now Vail-owned, and it's really convenient and local but the highest peak is, like, 250 feet, LOL. But, it's fun to just jump into the car and go. We usually go out west to Tahoe for at least a week, but Tahoe and pretty much everything out west has had really shitty snow; Wilmot actually had the same base as Heavenly for a while. But, today it's FIFTY DEGREES again, here, so if Wilmot isn't closed down again, it will be by this afternoon. The temps are expected to drop again so they can make more snow, so our biggest problem is waiting for snow and hoping it doesn't melt again. Have you been skiing out your way this season?
    i went to bogus basin (about 15 miles from boise) and the snow was meh. haven't been to baldy yet. the conditions are better there, but it's been a pretty mediocre season so far.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Chromecast Audio. The solution I was looking for - to send my music collection (bought digitals or my own EAC/LAME --extreme CD rips) on NAS server (Twonky on old Zyxel NSA310) to good old Yamaha receiver via optical cable, controlled by Android phone without turning anything else on. With Hi-Fi Cast app, even gapless playback is possible (the app has to do some transcoding or something though in this case), receiver reports as high as 96 kHz samplerate (e.g. Radiohead OKNOTOK FLACs), just works. Also LocalCast app is nice to send anything anywhere (even files from phone or samba server). Nice.
    Last edited by Substance242; 01-25-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    SF will wipe thousands of marijuana convictions off the books

San Francisco will retroactively apply California’s marijuana-legalization laws to past criminal cases, District Attorney George Gascón said Wednesday — expunging or reducing misdemeanor and felony convictions going back decades.
    Wow.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my main musical collaborator / vocalist on my new EP posted about the release on some website called steemit (which i'd never heard of) and the response has been pretty positive, including a couple people comparing it to NIN!!!

https://steemit.com/music/@derosnec/...l-post-rock-ep

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I just snagged tickets to see Elton John on his farewell tour.

I am SO RELIEVED. You have no idea, you guys. I would have been absolutely heartbroken if I couldn't go. Aahhh! I'm so excited!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Was reading an article about animals and AI where this video was linked:

Then I read comments like:

0:08 “Death Stare”
    Pup looks like he just snorted a 8 ball of coke

and I can't stop laughing now, heeelp... :-D :-D

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I start laughing every time it goes back to his face.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Was reading an article about animals and AI where this video was linked:

Then I read comments like:

0:08 “Death Stare”
    Pup looks like he just snorted a 8 ball of coke

and I can't stop laughing now, heeelp... :-D :-D
    haha haha that's fucking hilarious. Thanks.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    these cheer me up
    heat me up too in the frozen Canadian winter

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    THE WINTER OLYMPICS

Oh my God, this is like CHRISTMAS

Right off the bat, TONIGHT:

FIGURE SKATING!!

Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are commentating, THANK YOU BABY JESUS, they are awesome.

And so much more!
    Hockey
    Skiing
    Snowboarding
    Luge
    Curling
    Speed skating
    Ski jumping
    Bobsled
    Biathlon

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE the best 2.5 weeks every 4 years

Last edited by allegro; 02-11-2018 at 01:39 PM.