Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    the last hour of the week at work. so ready to leave...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My new car (Lincoln MKZ hybrid) is pulling about 38-40 MPG. Comfy, great sound system, all the bells/whistles, I'm not all strung out after sitting in traffic on my commute home anymore. Not the prettiest or flashiest or sexiest car out there, but I'm in luv.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Our division recently changed offices and location, so I've been busting my ass making sure everything is logical and set out correctly.
    Only now is it finally coming in to shape and it's looking fiiiiiiine.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The street was empty, I was with my GF at a crossing and one cab was coming our way. The driver stopped and let us pass.

I was baffled and I had a weird smile on my face for a couple mins.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I kind of put off doing any of my Art History online quizzes throughout the entire semester, which really bit me in the ass, with finals being next week. Our teacher told us she would open up all quizzes to anyone who wanted to take them that hadn't done so already. Scooore!

Also, my Medieval Lit teacher showed us our only two essay questions (that's our entire final, but he wants us to provide enough content in two hours to answer - which is more than fair), discussed with us exactly what he wanted us to do to research them, AND told us that we can bring him rough outlines until the final, and then on the day of the final, we can just transcribe our outline into our essay. I feel so incredibly lucky this semester.

And after next Thursday - No school until June! YES!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This site's freak out over KROQ's blunder and subsequent "hacking" of nullco.com to find both the non-public link for the Immigrant song (meant solely for radio stations) and the GDT Soundtrack page before it was officially released.

I missed you, ETS.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Seeing brand new members showing up.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    This site's freak out over KROQ's blunder and subsequent "hacking" of nullco.com to find both the non-public link for the Immigrant song (meant solely for radio stations) and the GDT Soundtrack page before it was officially released.

I missed you, ETS.
    That happened?! Oh, good girl, ETS. Good girl.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ETS being back online as I'm sure many of you will agree, this cheered me up yesterday. That and my friends have been awesome since me and my lady split last month. Not so sound too cheesy but they really have been amazing. A true friend will not only buy you a beer but toss you 12 rolls of ass wipe as well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ^^^ I was going to say something similar to Pillfred. I really missed ETS. It is the only board where I've overcome my shyness and met people from it. I don't know anyone that well, but somehow I feel at home here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally finished "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," after a couple of false starts.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    How was it?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, um...the new Firefox looks like crap, but I have to say, it is actually faster, as promised.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ETS being back.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A professor I really respect just sent me a message out of the blue saying incredibly nice things about my work. I'm.. it's making me kind of emo. Very unexpected.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Herman Cain. Now I'll have to find another source of comedic brilliance.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Naked and Famous cancelled a show in Tulsa tomorrow due to sickness. I hope the band recovers and takes all the time they need off, i'm not happy that they're sick. I'm just glad that they're going to try to come back later on, because it's impossible for me to go there tomorrow. Good thing I didn't buy tickets! Maybe next time I'll be able to. Especially if it's before summer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    How was it?
    A bit slow to start, but then it takes off and I was up until 5AM one night cause I couldn't stop reading. Some really​ brutal passages, rape and sexual abuse. It'll be interesting to see how much of that gets included in the film.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    new speakers finally for my computer, OH SWEET SWEET MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze View Post
    A bit slow to start, but then it takes off and I was up until 5AM one night cause I couldn't stop reading. Some really​ brutal passages, rape and sexual abuse. It'll be interesting to see how much of that gets included in the film.
    The first movie, the rape scene was pretty intense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    AAAAHHHH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The return of ETS!!!

Also, seeing my girl on skype while I'm stuck here at the Naval base in Great Lakes. 12 more days til I get to go home to see her!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    it's my daughters 5th birthday today, roll on 2pm till i finish work and get home to see her

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    The humor of some folks here. More cowbell and good lyrics. Hee hee.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A vacation from work. And this time with nothing to do. Nowhere to go, no one to report to, no trying to squeeze as much activity into every day. Just sitting at home in pjs all day long.
    Last edited by mostlymad; 12-05-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: stupid typo missed twice

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Waking up at three in the morning, looking over at the clock and realizing I don't have to be up for another three hours. It's such a relief, because that first second I wake up, I always think it's time to get up, until my eyes focus enough to be able to see the clock and then I realize what time it really is. Such a good feeling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Being able to listen to ESPN stream on my phone during lunch.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The fact that it's monday and by thursday school will done for the semester.

Edit: So i just read the syllabus and i guess my final paper isn't due till next tuesday! So i guess i got a couple more days but at least i'll be able to more work into my paper since everything else i have to do will be done.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 12-05-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got a part time mystery shopper job, going into bars and getting drinks and seeing if they ID me. It's only a few hours, but the pay is okay, I desperately need Christmas money, and I'm getting paid to go get drunk. Totally made my shitty day better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reminiscing about the old word filter that changed "beard" to "penis". Welcome back ETS.