Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122
Results 3,631 to 3,651 of 3651

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    One of the students I work with has a service dog named "Fenway Bark".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    took my boys to see the movie IT. an outing with them is cheery enough
    woke up this morning with the biggest grin on my face singing The Cure's Six Different Ways.
    not sure why picked for a scary flic(?)
    the song has always been one of my go to happy songs.
    ~da-da-da dum, da-da-da dum~

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

the halloween section at target

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finishing up a new mixtape.

That made me happy today.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Finishing up a new mixtape.

That made me happy today.
    i finished two mixes (sadly just on spotify) on monday evening! one was an aaron turner & friends mix i had started for my friend a few months ago and kept forgetting about, and one was a mix for my best friend as a belated b-day present. both of them ended up being 2 hours long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i finished two mixes (sadly just on spotify) on monday evening! one was an aaron turner & friends mix i had started for my friend a few months ago and kept forgetting about, and one was a mix for my best friend as a belated b-day present. both of them ended up being 2 hours long
    I've picked up a lot of music by women this past year and felt like I needed to output 1h 8m of it...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I have absolutely fallen in love with Denver this week, more than a year since I've been here last, and I'm more sure than ever that I want to try moving here, or at least to Colorado.

Side note: If I had to give two pieces of advice for coming here, I'd recommend, 1) Go to a show at Red Rocks. It might be pricey and you'll have to be there hell early, but it will be absolutely worth it, and 2) Twist and Shout Records is absolutely awesome, and highly recommended if you're into records/music/movies/books/figures/admittedly hipster-ass shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Got my DL back. Had to take the driving test even, hadn't done that since i was 18. Flubbed a few things but i passed. Even the Dmv was slow when i went in for my card. I've put on about 1,200 miles in the last couple weeks on my days off. Feels good man.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I have absolutely fallen in love with Denver this week, more than a year since I've been here last, and I'm more sure than ever that I want to try moving here, or at least to Colorado.

Side note: If I had to give two pieces of advice for coming here, I'd recommend, 1) Go to a show at Red Rocks. It might be pricey and you'll have to be there hell early, but it will be absolutely worth it, and 2) Twist and Shout Records is absolutely awesome, and highly recommended if you're into records/music/movies/books/figures/admittedly hipster-ass shit.
    @Alrea
    recommendations like that really make me smile from the heart!
    more things to add to my bucket list!
    ty

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    @Alrea
    recommendations like that really make me smile from the heart!
    more things to add to my bucket list!
    ty

You're welcome! I'm glad I could give some helpful input haha. I was actually coming back to say I'm happy to be back home and didn't get pulled over on my way back! )) Time to enjoy some of the things I brought back, like the 16 vinyl records I bought, or the bong I bought for the tobacco I totally smoke! And wear this sick-ass t-shirt I got at the Gorillaz show.

Holy shit - Red Rocks was the better venue, hands down, but their show at the Sprint Center in KC a couple night earlier had a way better setlist, and literally included almost every song I've wanted them to play for my first time seeing them. GREAT show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've picked up a lot of music by women this past year and felt like I needed to output 1h 8m of it...

I suppose I should mention that if anyone wants to hear it, just send me a message and I'll hook you up...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    my boyfriend makes the best scrambled eggs ever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    getting to be the proverbial 'fly on the wall' with my kids and their friends...
    took my son and three of his friends to a sleepover the other night i got to listen to them talk about old school tape mixes/cd mixes and running into that problem of there being only so much room on the tape or cd for music and how they want their mixes for each other to hold more music...
    brought back so many memories of back in the day when 'making/exchanging mixes' was the thing to do...
    but wait! now to hear the trend is coming back, and to listen to my teenager talk about making music mixes...
    i thought i might've been in a delorean at that moment..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I suppose I should mention that if anyone wants to hear it, just send me a message and I'll hook you up...
    thank you for the hook-up
    for some reason my mac won't download it...
    prob user error/out of date software
    ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bought LEGO for my beloved for her birthday because she wanted to program and have a robot.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    We won the battle of sensibility in the Fantano thread.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Nonsense. No one can judge him now because he took the videos down.
    You can *be* a liberal, lefty, SJW and still *do* and say shitty, racist, or culturally appropriative or insensitive things. Looks like he knows he crossed the line, hence the videos being down - but he doesn't want to own it and wants to mumble about *Youtube blah blah revenue.*
    His line - look I mock white artists too, I hated on Limp Bizkit - bwahaha.

EDIT: anyway, this is "drift": little things that make me happy: revising my novel draft for submission in November. Woo hoo! (it rocks, and I really want to see it published).
    Last edited by aggroculture; 10-08-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For about the past year, I've been offering input to a local hot dog joint on their weekly burger specials. Today will be the 4th one available.

This makes me kinda stupidly happy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaHcO4zn...en-by=tubbydog

https://twitter.com/nscafe/status/918189336029302784
    Last edited by MrLobster; 10-11-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    permanently deleting someone toxic from all sources of communication.

also popsicles.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    permanently deleting someone toxic from all sources of communication.

also popsicles.
    when i was in junior high & high school, i used to deepthroat popsicles to freak out all my straight guy friends. it was always hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got a 72 Thinline Telecaster recently and it's a beautiful guitar (both physically and sound-wise). I got an American Standard Strat not too long after that. These are the first instruments I've had since selling all my stuff two years ago. I got sick and had to let everything go.