Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 3821

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    i made french toast this morning for me, my wife, and our friend jon (who recently moved in with us). it was my first time making french toast in like 10 years and it turned out PERFECTLY. i know it's not a difficult thing to make (and i cook/bake regularly) but it still made me really happy to make a delicious breakfast for the three of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    working on a new mixtape.

(like last time, if anyone on here wants to listen to it, send a message and we'll sort it out... )

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    The response to that #StandWithKeaton video is a bright spot in a dark world. I think Keaton is going to have some well earned fun days in the near future. Pretty much all of the UFC, some NFL guys, some pro wrestlers and Captain America himself are going to see to it.

Update: so many more good people are responding. This is very sweet.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-10-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    The response to that #StandWithKeaton video is a bright spot in a dark world. I think Keaton is going to have some well earned fun days in the near future. Pretty much all of the UFC, some NFL guys, some pro wrestlers and Captain America himself are going to see to it.

Update: so many more good people are responding. This is very sweet.
    Ugh that poor kid made me cry; I just wanna hug him

Bullies totally suck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pitbulls, I know they get a bad reputation unfortunately but every one I've met has been such a sweetheart. A lot of my friends and peers have these dogs.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Pitbulls, I know they get a bad reputation unfortunately but every one I've met has been such a sweetheart. A lot of my friends and peers have these dogs.
    i've never met a pitbull that wasn't a big ball of love. it's people who train their dogs to be vicious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I made a friend at the classic rock forum. He likes Tomb Raider too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've never met a pitbull that wasn't a big ball of love. it's people who train their dogs to be vicious.
    I agree, there are irresponsible people who taint the image of these dogs. My friend even wanted to give me a pit bull (he is a certified breeder) as a gift but I couldn't take it since I was too sick at the time. I really love these dogs though.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    this could be cross posted to things that piss you off, since it both cheers me up AND pisses me off: working on chain maille. 4 mm jump rings are wee cunts. but damn they look great once they have been coaxed/wrestled/cursed/begged into place. ugh. and i have tiny fingers and hands. i figured this shit was a shoo-in for my miniature paws. sigh. lol. i have made a choker with parallel weave (lovely weave), am on a 2+1+2 weave to make a bezel for a pendant. and next (if i make it through the bezel without imploding or exploding) is a byzantine weave (made into a star). so rah for exploring, and bah for tiny jump rings. (and bah for stubbornly refusing to NOT use 4mm jump rings. rofl)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    https://www.xkcd.com/1928/

I love happy endings.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    i got Ben from the Whatculture YouTube channel to record birthday wishes for my wife, for a VERY small amount of money.
    It was so fucking cool.
    It's just a trip: that's one of our favorite YouTube channels and he is our favorite narrator and we watch it all the time, so it was pretty fucking surreal.
    He didn't quite understand how cool it was to us, and once he began to see it from our point of view, it made HIM really happy.
    So it was pretty bad ass all around.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    EDIT: never mind. Still trying to figure out how to image host from Imgur. Can’t seem to get it to work on any forum with the usual “[img] tags. iPhone, and mobile.

Bah!
    Last edited by Krazy; 12-14-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    EDIT: never mind. Still trying to figure out how to image host from Imgur. Can’t seem to get it to work on any forum with the usual “[img] tags. iPhone, and mobile.

Bah!
    there's a little icon when you're making a post here that looks like a tree in a box. if you click that, a contextual menu pops up. just paste the URL of the image into there and hit OK!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Feeling the best I've felt in a long time since I had my back surgery.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    there's a little icon when you're making a post here that looks like a tree in a box. if you click that, a contextual menu pops up. just paste the URL of the image into there and hit OK!

EDIT: I have ZERO clue why the Imgur Link just worked. Been doing the same thing for months now and this is the first time it actually worked.

Thanks, but I’ve always done that and get nothing with Imgur, where as Photobucket worked all the time. For example here’s a cute snowman cake:

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    After letting some things pile up for a few months (pieces of furniture and a TV that have all been replaced), I finally ended up going onto the local buy/sell/trade group on Facebook to get rid of some of it. I've already made $100 in about 3 hours. It mostly feels great just to have a little more space and less clutter, but a little cash on the side is nice too!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    So I did all the music for the Xmas program at the church here and it was awesome.
    Part of what I was supposed to do was play quietly while the preacher talked.
    And I snuck the TDS/Closer melody in there.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    @cashpiles is such a troll that he went through and faceplamed ten of my posts in various threads for no reason and i'm just sitting here giggling

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Wellbutrin orgasms.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I miss those. Never was able to convince my insurance to cover the brand which is far more effective than the generic.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    @cashpiles is such a troll that he went through and faceplamed ten of my posts in various threads for no reason and i'm just sitting here giggling
    he is continuing to faceplam my posts, and it is just endlessly amusing to me. keep up the good work, dude! if you really think you're going to annoy me into oblivion, you are sorely mistaken.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Finally bought a membership to echoingthesound for the facepalm power...... and I’M LOVIN’ IT! Merry Christmas everyone!

I feel a sense of relief and retribution..... How long I had to “face” facepalms on my posts.... defenseless... unable to retaliate with my own facepalms...

Hear me roar.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 12-30-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I have never understood why people get so grumpy about being facepalmed, anyway. It's just the counter to a Like. It's not even a downvote but people get so pissy about it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    got a bag of 'nuts on clark' popcorn for christmas. love the stuff, have it every time i go through union station in chicago.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    My relationship with my uncle, aunt and my cousins amd their partners developed tonight... bridges were crossed and bridges were built... the family is strong going into 2018... but I let down my other uncle tonight... and almost every Christmas...I will make up for it in 2018

Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I have never understood why people get so grumpy about being facepalmed, anyway. It's just the counter to a Like.
    It has a long history of meaning more than that, even on this board before it went all Facebook by incorporating a “Like” button (without also incorporating a thumbs-down dislike). The Picard image is historically used to convey visible frustration, it’s an overt and deliberate eye-roll. If one does not like a post, one may simply refrain from utilizing the “Like” button. Choosing to utilize the Picard meme is a statement in itself.

Wikipedia:

“Facepalm's meaning online is the same as the physical gesture's meaning in real life - it expresses frustration, disappointment, embarrassment, shock, surprise or sarcasm. Its online use is to portray emotions and feelings that otherwise may not be easily expressed through text alone. Facepalm is understood online because of its common usage in the real world. The facepalm gesture is a popular Internet meme to show a user's frustration or disappointment in an article, comment, or post from another user. It is often also used to indicate incredulous disbelief that another could make a statement that the reader considers unusually foolish or naive.”

The Facepalm says “that was a really fucking stupid statement.”
    Last edited by allegro; 12-30-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Okay, so it's just that thing. Still don't get why folks get so precious about it!

Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    It’s rude, number one.

I hate the fucking thing, it and LIKE were not needed or used for over 35 years of forums and suddenly we need to rate statements with cushy idiotic emoticons.

Oh YAY! (Like button, vapid but at least cuts down the much-maligned “me, too” posts)

Oh, you’re a fucking idiot! (Combative, provocative, instigative)

Just bring back the fucking Shit List, which was at least intelligent and required skill.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-30-2017 at 12:03 PM.