Page 117 of 181 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Haha friend me. I'm tony bologna
    I'm under strict self-imposed rules to only use Facebook on the 1st and 15th of every month! (So I can only use it to check for social events)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Inger Lorre just said I was cool. *bounces up and down*
    /fangirl mode

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Listening to Andrew W.K

Y'know, it'S weird having Nine Inch Nails and Andrew W.K in the same music library...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    my friend has completed her first book!
    i start editing it tomorrow.

e.a: it is really funny, but i am not keen on the main character. she annoys me. lol.
    10,000 words in...70,000 to go!
    Last edited by Lew; 02-15-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My advisor(adviser?!) has been recommending that I apply for this scholarhip. If I get selected, it will cover 100% of tuition for the remainder of my undergraduate studies.

I've been putting it off and putting it off because you have to have two people submit letters of recommendation. I had no idea who to ask, and thinking of asking people made me feel incredibly weird and awkward.

The application deadline is two weeks away, so I finally started filling it out today. I got to the letters of recommendation part and felt a ton of anxiety again.

I made a list of five people to contact, thinking that a couple would likely turn me down. But the first two people I reached out to responded that they would do it, almost immediately.

It makes me feel great that they have faith in me and are willing to state as much for something like this. It's a purely selfless act, and two people are doing that for me.

For some reason, this is making me very emotional tonight!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

helps dissipate these murderous tendencies <3

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    http://www.amny.com/lifestyle/pets/h...ion-1.13125142

Do you know this dog, @Sarah K ?

Dogs are the best. My buddy Jack just turned 12.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-16-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

do something beautiful <3

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    http://www.amny.com/lifestyle/pets/h...ion-1.13125142

Do you know this dog, @sarah_k (Haha, I can't figure out the tagging system)?

Dogs are the best. My buddy Jack just turned 12.
    just put a space, no underscore necessary.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Does anyone else have moments when they absolutely LOVE cleaning? I do.

The basement will be a complete disaster, but then I show up and it's like WOW. That nasty basement doesn't know WHAT the fuck just hit it. I swear, I'm like the Bruce Lee of cleaning. Bam bam bam, I get that motherfucker ship-shape in no time. I am a MASTER. I ain't even bragging, I'm just being honest and objective. I have truly advanced techniques. I always walk away from a long cleaning session with the deepest sense of satisfaction, because, for real, I am a fucking GOD of domestic labor.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

oh yeah, baby.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Does anyone else have moments when they absolutely LOVE cleaning? I do.

The basement will be a complete disaster, but then I show up and it's like WOW. That nasty basement doesn't know WHAT the fuck just hit it. I swear, I'm like the Bruce Lee of cleaning. Bam bam bam, I get that motherfucker ship-shape in no time. I am a MASTER. I ain't even bragging, I'm just being honest and objective. I have truly advanced techniques. I always walk away from a long cleaning session with the deepest sense of satisfaction, because, for real, I am a fucking GOD of domestic labor.
    my wife and i have been cleaning our place most of the day today. i feel like i'm going to die x.X

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    marathons on tv.
    champions champion round on marathon of forged in fire.
    and the four smiths in competition are all so rad.
    fuck yeah.
    anyone able to afford to build me a forge? thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Lew; 02-20-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Been eating healthy and much less and doing more physical activity - I've lost 7/8 pounds so far this year. Sometimes it's tough, though.
    Today I ate two donuts (and then felt pretty sick for the rest of the day).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Today, both of my friends sent me copies of their recommendation letters for the previously mentioned scholarship. These had to be close, personal references that would allow the scholarship committee to "get to know" us on a more personal level. I've read them like four times now, and I still cannot make it through one, let alone both, without crying my eyes out.

It is so much harder to read positive things about myself than it is negative things.

It is also remarkable to me how similar they are, even though the two people who wrote them do not know each other.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Watching Milo Yiannopoulos go down in flames. Here's to hoping the rest of the Trump brigade's cult of personalities meet a similar end.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Acts of kindness and acceptance no matter how small. Such things also just remind me to never ever underestimate them, nor take them for granted.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just started my biking season with a 30km run.
    Feels so fucking good, despite obligatory spring butt hurt from the hard seat.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm not usually one to brag, but this totally made my day.

And then this image's instagram was liked by Combichrist...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^^^Ah hell, anytime "someone" likes or retweets me I'm all Brag-a McBrag - no shame @sick among the pure

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @sick among the pure i got one of those, too, and i literally cried a little. i don't fangirl that often but the fact that someone was like "yes, this is a good post showcasing the new NIN release" just made me feel really awesome.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just started my biking season with a 30km run.
    Feels so fucking good, despite obligatory spring butt hurt from the hard seat.
    I did that two weeks ago and even started riding to work again and got bronchitis after two rides. UGH. I'm supposed to be ramping up for a tour late spring, I can't do that if I can't breathe!

Had a great weekend visit from my sister I haven't seen in ten years. (literally to the day as both were for birthdays) My mom didn't come so no one got in a fight and no one left feeling depressed. It was great.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-06-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So like 17 years ago or so i got some smashing pumpkins cd's from my buddy, random singles and such. Anyhow, i was looking in one of the few boxes of stuff i have left and found an old sleeve of 8 of them today. He was fairly surprised to see them to say the least.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Blu-ray upgrades!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    ^^^^^Ah hell, anytime "someone" likes or retweets me I'm all Brag-a McBrag - no shame @sick among the pure
    Even if I'm now on a watch list, The Intercept liked one of my tweets. Ms. McCheersmeup.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just got tickets to the Legend of Zelda symphony orchestra. Again. <3

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I gave up drinking completely and have also changed my diet drastically after I recently had a blood test done. Everything was essentially perfect apart from the blood sugar being a bit high again, so I've cut all crap from my diet, replacing it with fruit (vegetables were never a problem for me but I always tended to neglect fruit), and drinking only water and tea/coffee without sugar. My mind, body and personal life are all bettering from the changes and I feel great in myself now, too. I feel guilty eating a single M&M even!
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-14-2017 at 07:46 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I am seeing Elton John in less than a week!

He's the last of my favorite artists that I still haven't seen live. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am or how much this means to me. I cannot freaking wait.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Anyone else get this email from Plex today?
    Hi allegate, you’ve done an great job getting your Plex Media Server up and running and adding your media. Nice job.

We noticed you haven't been playing a lot of media lately. No worries, we just wanted to remind you how easy it is to enjoy your content on a ton of devices, anywhere.
    So wait, they can see what I'm watching?
    Earlier today we sent an email to a small percentage of Plex users who (we thought) hadn't used Plex in a while, urging them to give it another shot. Seemed harmless enough, except it turns out we messed it up and ended up including a completely random mix of users (among them, some of our most active and beloved users).

To make matters worse, the wording in the email seemed to imply that it was being sent based on what folks are watching in Plex, which was most definitely not the case. We do not know or track what is in anyone’s library, and we do not know or track what people are playing. In order to make Plex work, we do keep track of things like user login times and when Plex devices were last seen. And we do occasionally use this data to send targeted emails (e.g. to let specific people know about issues impacting certain devices or operating systems).
    Oh, ok then. :lol

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i haven't bought an instrument in 10 years. since my main collaborator and i are planning on playing some shows soon, and i'll be playing guitar, i thought it was about time to have a new guitar to play on stage. it's also the least i've ever paid for a new guitar, but (once i added a buzz stop and replaced the 9's with 10's) it sounds fantastic. really excited to get back on stage.