Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123
Results 3,661 to 3,688 of 3688

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Rediscovering my adoration and appreciation of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z through Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged Series, as well as the hilarity and nostalgia it ensues.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-27-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    just changed my ringtone to the nes maniac mansion theme.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Changed my iPhone wallpaper for the first time in like a year lol. So refreshing.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://youtu.be/b81Cr97ANrk

the buzzfeed dudes. they cheer me up. particularly when they are willing to strap electrodes to their taints.

https://youtu.be/ZlsPXpR2ORU

that was even better. kudos to blondie for going 'all the way'.
    Last edited by Lew; 10-30-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Rediscovering my adoration and appreciation of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z through Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged Series, as well as the hilarity and nostalgia it ensues.
    Ghost Nappa is a gift to this world!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I freaked out because I got an official-looking email from UPS saying I had a package from Amazon that shipped today and is arriving tomorrow - and weighs nearly 22 pounds. What the fuck? I didn't even have a message from Amazon that anything had been ordered. What would it even be??

Turns out it's the fucking huge Akira 35th Anniversary manga box set that I ordered 4 months ago and forgot about! Hell yeah.

Also, I'm beyond stoked to wear my Pyramid Head costume tomorrow. I might even go downtown and walk around in it tonight before it gets too cold. It looks so much better than the last one did. I'll post a picture here soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I went outside today for the first time in months

Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I freaked out because I got an official-looking email from UPS saying I had a package from Amazon that shipped today and is arriving tomorrow - and weighs nearly 22 pounds. What the fuck? I didn't even have a message from Amazon that anything had been ordered. What would it even be??

Turns out it's the fucking huge Akira 35th Anniversary manga box set that I ordered 4 months ago and forgot about! Hell yeah.

Also, I'm beyond stoked to wear my Pyramid Head costume tomorrow. I might even go downtown and walk around in it tonight before it gets too cold. It looks so much better than the last one did. I'll post a picture here soon!
    I wanted to order the vinyl for the Akira soundtrack but couldn't find it anywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I carved a turnip (as per the old ways)...

Last edited by MrLobster; 10-31-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: carved a second one so both my beloved and I won't be making deals with elves this year.

Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

sarah went with our friends alex & tiff to a pumpkin patch on saturday morning, and then we all carved them together that evening. mine reminds me of doodle-bob, but i'm not really sure what i was going for hahaha.

last night, alex came over and we watched The Lost Boys (can't find my DVD copy so i had to download it). sarah and i made our pizza look spooky :}

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In the latest Sonicstate podcast, Gaz Williams mentioned it would be funny, during some party, when all the people are dancing happily to "Dancing Queen", to insert some random beats to throw people off from 4/4, like "what just happened?" I can't help but imagine this and laugh... :-) Yeah, just a little thing to cheer me up. :-)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Omg. DYING.

Last night I went to a kink party and then spent the night in Manhattan. As I was heading home today, there were three cops at the train station who wanted to check my bag.

I'm high and started giggling and told them I went to a kink party last night. They laugh and say they still need to check. I say that is fine, knowing One of the cops say they went through TSA with some kink stuff on accident once. I have a blunt and half of a bottle of vodka in there. I roll the dice that they won't actually pull everything out, and will just glance in. Thankfully I was right. They opened the biggest pocket which had some tamer toys and my textbooks. Looked in for half a second, close it, and then send me on my merry way with my blunt and open bottle of liquor.

This is the first time I have ever been picked for the random bag check, and I can't stop laughing - of course it would be when I have all of this shit on me.. What if they would have legit searched and found some of the more off the wall shit I have in my bag? Good god.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When my friends' pets are happy to see me and don't want to leave my side

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I was at the thrift store today with my mom who was looking for stuff (she looking for some sort of cupboard which I believe only exists in her imagination) and I went pass the pots and pans shelves when I saw something bright orange in my peripheral vision. I went to look at the bright orange thingy; I looked at the price ($9.45); I turned it over, my eyes went as big as saucers and I quickly walk to the cashier holding the $9.45 bright orange thingy close to me so that no one else could see what I had.

That's how I got out of there with a 2 qt cast iron enamel orange Le Creuset saucepan. FOR 10 BUCKS. My mom found nothing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Starting today, I can sing along to the line "26 years on my way to Hell" and it be true!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Starting today, I can sing along to the line "26 years on my way to Hell" and it be true!
    happy birthday, fellow scorpio!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    happy birthday, fellow scorpio!
    thanks!!!!!!

Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    my wife and i have been cleaning / re-arranging stuff because our friend jon is moving in with us for a bit. i'm excited to have him around more because, even though he currently lives two blocks away, we haven't been seeing him as much for the last couple months.

i literally spent four hours cleaning up and re-arranging the guest room yesterday, and it felt sooooooo good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    the crazy cat lady

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The election results from last night

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We have TRANS people in office now!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! Another step closer to equity for transpeople (which they should've always had anyway).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got a message from Nita Strauss. It was kinda like being validated. I've decided to practice more.
    Last edited by Boots; 11-12-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I have a book that was printed in 1897, and has a hand-written and signed inscription from 1899 inside written inside the front cover, and it just feels awesome owning something that's older than nearly anybody alive on Earth right now.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Knowing right now on Twitter that "Despacito" went from being the most beloved song in the world to now being the most hated as it was a song my parents loved and now, they fucking hate it. And I had to remind them that this is the same shit they went through when the fucking "Macarena" was out more than 20 years ago.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

nICe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sometimes a like from Chris Hemsworth or a reply from Nita Strauss is all it takes to brighten up your whole day.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I got a like from Valerie Bertinelli on Instagram. Not sure if it cheered me up, but my husband thought it was cool.

What DID cheer me up: cat videos. tons of cat videos.

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I got a like from Valerie Bertinelli on Instagram. Not sure if it cheered me up, but my husband thought it was cool.

What DID cheer me up: cat videos. tons of cat videos.
    I got a like on Twitter from Ben from Whatculture, which i watch every day.
    This made my fucking week :P

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post

nICe
    This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen.