Page 120 of 181 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Spotify just made me chuckle by recommending Kylie Minogue to me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i will be in so-cal for the last cpl of wks this month. I'm already looking at shows to see during my stay. I'm looking fwd to the visit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I just bought a new car!
    Fuck yes! I'm no longer worried about my car breaking down on me while driving, it's such a huge relief.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    the ets photoshop thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    When I see "TFE" here, that automatic emoticon, it's so inappopriate for The Fragile that it's really funny to me. :-)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I listen to Shinedown whenever I feel like shit. It's like my therapy. I really like their cover of Simple Man.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    On my ride home last night I saw a phone in the bike lane. I stopped and picked it up because it was outside a bar where people like to park in the bike lane, and I figured it'd be nice if the person who lost it got a phone in working order. It was a 6s+ and locked so I couldn't open it up for a "home" contact or whatever so I put it in my pack and went on my way. I figured I'd be getting a phone call eventually and sure enough I did. So I gave him my address and met him at my house a little later. Apparently it was his personal/work phone and he runs a towing company. He said that the phone was his life since he owned a small business - only him and his brother - and it was the way he called home as well. (As he was Hispanic I'm guessing he didn't mean the local calling area.)

He was overjoyed and tried to give me money. I told him to keep it, it's more important that he got his phone back. (This is the little thing coming up) He said in that case, here's my number. If you ever need a tow, call me and I'll be there. That was awesome.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Three weeks since I've smoked a cigarette. It has been hard as hell but this is the best I've manged in years and years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Someone I thought didn't give a shit about me actually showed an interest in my career.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    tomorrow i go on a random adventure sparked by an email for on camera audience tickets to America's Got Talent. this should be interesting...? i only started watching the show last week(?) the person i am staying with likes the show.
    random adventures make me happy

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man, it would have been so cool to be visiting London today:

http://time.com/4924752/j-k-rowling-...9-years-later/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I like to watch Denis Shapovalov play tennis. He is so pretty.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    good people. good friends.
    they are hard to come by...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Please give it a thumbs up if you like it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A month ago prior to today, I posted this in the little things that piss you off thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    New neighbors who've only been on the block for three weeks and, in addition to constant domestic fighting nearly every single day, were shooting up heroin in the driveway this morning. Fan-fucking-tastic.
    I'm happy to report that these folks have already moved out after their kid was removed from the home, depriving them of money they would have used to pay rent (and undoubtedly more heroin). The kid is in a safer place, and the neighborhood itself is a little safer without them here anymore. So that cheers me up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I got my 'years sober' tattoo update today!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    finally visited (and had dinner) on the Queen Mary.
    i've only wanted to do this since i was first stationed at March AFB (now ARB) in 1992.
    wow, she's impressive!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    When strangers make the mistake of being petty or explain-y at my troll ass when I'm talking to a friend on said friend's status. Two replies of my just screenshotting my original post back at them with progressively zoomed in text and they stopped linking me to things and started using their words. It's good to have fun sometimes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    growing up i never really had an appreciation for rap music.
    one day my son sits down next to me and says 'mom, you're going to watch something with me.'
    he's a teenager. i jump on every opportunity to engage with him.
    he ques up Straight Outta Compton.
    (in my mind) i sigh and roll my eyes a bit; thinking to myself-for real?
    i never imagined i would end up so engrossed in this movie. i never really understood the history, etc behind the 80's hype of rap music or what it represented.
    what a remarkable movie. what a remarkable story. what a remarkable moment.
    my son (in a change of roles) held (pulled) my hand to show me what he saw/heard in a music genre that i would've never given time to otherwise.
    i have a new found appreciation for rap music. and now when he shares selections, or tells me about the artists in this new (to me) genre of music, i smile and think to myself-thank you for this 'one more' connection.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    from @henryeatscereal

"Let everyone know at ETS that im alive and well"

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I got my 'years sober' tattoo update today!

man that's one of the hardest things i've ever seen. congratulations.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    One of the students I work with has a service dog named "Fenway Bark".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    took my boys to see the movie IT. an outing with them is cheery enough
    woke up this morning with the biggest grin on my face singing The Cure's Six Different Ways.
    not sure why picked for a scary flic(?)
    the song has always been one of my go to happy songs.
    ~da-da-da dum, da-da-da dum~

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

the halloween section at target

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finishing up a new mixtape.

That made me happy today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Finishing up a new mixtape.

That made me happy today.
    i finished two mixes (sadly just on spotify) on monday evening! one was an aaron turner & friends mix i had started for my friend a few months ago and kept forgetting about, and one was a mix for my best friend as a belated b-day present. both of them ended up being 2 hours long

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i finished two mixes (sadly just on spotify) on monday evening! one was an aaron turner & friends mix i had started for my friend a few months ago and kept forgetting about, and one was a mix for my best friend as a belated b-day present. both of them ended up being 2 hours long
    I've picked up a lot of music by women this past year and felt like I needed to output 1h 8m of it...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I have absolutely fallen in love with Denver this week, more than a year since I've been here last, and I'm more sure than ever that I want to try moving here, or at least to Colorado.

Side note: If I had to give two pieces of advice for coming here, I'd recommend, 1) Go to a show at Red Rocks. It might be pricey and you'll have to be there hell early, but it will be absolutely worth it, and 2) Twist and Shout Records is absolutely awesome, and highly recommended if you're into records/music/movies/books/figures/admittedly hipster-ass shit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got my DL back. Had to take the driving test even, hadn't done that since i was 18. Flubbed a few things but i passed. Even the Dmv was slow when i went in for my card. I've put on about 1,200 miles in the last couple weeks on my days off. Feels good man.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I have absolutely fallen in love with Denver this week, more than a year since I've been here last, and I'm more sure than ever that I want to try moving here, or at least to Colorado.

Side note: If I had to give two pieces of advice for coming here, I'd recommend, 1) Go to a show at Red Rocks. It might be pricey and you'll have to be there hell early, but it will be absolutely worth it, and 2) Twist and Shout Records is absolutely awesome, and highly recommended if you're into records/music/movies/books/figures/admittedly hipster-ass shit.
    @Alrea
    recommendations like that really make me smile from the heart!
    more things to add to my bucket list!
    ty