Page 96 of 182 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    There is so much art out there that is way easier to criticize than Renoir. Face it people, impressionism is accessible to the general public and those museums need all the money they can get for visitors.

*I totally would of worked in a museum as a career. If only it didn't pay like shite.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    There is so much art out there that is way easier to criticize than Renoir. Face it people, impressionism is accessible to the general public and those museums need all the money they can get for visitors.
    Haaaaaahahahahahahaha WORD!!!! Meanwhile, I always immediately head over to the Ivan Albright section hahahahahahhahaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    *I totally would of worked in a museum as a career. If only it didn't pay like shite.
    PAY?!??!? Most of them are docents, LOL.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-07-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I submitted a photo to a contest! Paypal wouldn't log me in to pay the fee for three days before the deadline, so when I emailed the people about my problem- they let me enter the photo through an email, for free!!

Yaaay!! I don't care if they don't like my photo but at least now I went through with this and for free! I broke the ice for myself and feel more confident in submitting again for other competitions.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    having fillmore west postcards that are actually worth a bit of money. but subsequently giving them to a good home. fuck money.

i'll just add to this post...

getting laid, coming home with dinner ready, getting a full body massage, drinking jameson. life is fucking beautiful.
    Last edited by ldopa; 10-13-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i got an email today from a dude i graduated high school with. he was apologizing for being a homophobic bully. his daughter came out to him on friday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's the peak of fall migration right now, and this weekend I saw no less than three species of warblers normally found in the eastern USA: yesterday morning, while birding with Pasadena Audubon at the Laguna Rd. tamarisk row in Oxnard (coastal Ventura County), we discovered a female or juvenile American Redstart, and we re-discovered a Prairie Warbler that had been reported in the area the previous weekend. It bears noting that the Prairie Warbler had been a new bird for me just a month ago, and now I've already seen it in two counties.

Then, this afternoon, while birding in my yard, I stumbled upon a first-winter Chestnut-sided Warbler, far and away the rarest bird I've ever seen at my own home. There's a good reason fall migration is often seen as the most exciting season to be out birding.
    Last edited by avesjohn; 10-24-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    amy schumer.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Met Ilan on Monday night after watching The New Regime perform. Met Josh Homme and Jesse Hughes last night after their show.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^that isn't little by any means!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    ^that isn't little by any means!
    You would be right seeing as how Josh and Jesse made me look small and I'm about average height (5'10") for a guy. I knew Josh was tall but Jesse was a surprise.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    eating chocolate and ice cream and watching tool live at coachella in 99...mjk in a g-string has kicked the feet out from under my shitty ass mood.
    sweet.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Seeing the needle on the scale go down again; coffee; breakfast at 1 in the afternoon; TDS; updates on contributor's copies of a magazine I'm a part of coming out this month; the fact that Larry David might be doing more Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Planning my trip to my first visit to New York City next month!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    NYC ETS HANGOUT, obviously.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm not one to like big cities but I'm in Brazil now and I don't fucking care where I live anymore, I'm just happy to be here. I'm going to move to São Paulo next year and it looks like there's an apartment right across the hall from my grandmother that I might take. I'm so fucking excited!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    NYC ETS HANGOUT, obviously.
    I'm always down to meet new people!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Got my friend/roommate and I tickets for The Weeknd in November. SOOOOO EXCITED.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Got my flight! Now I just have to get a place to stay at and my tickets for the event I'm going to NYC for in the first place.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    my favorite radio station in Los Angeles played one of my band's songs on the radio today! Even cooler that the entire set was pretty epic, w/ songs from Skinny Puppy, Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, Christian Death, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, SPK, and The Cure.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Being goth and shit with @slave2thewage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I just got back from my first trip to NYC. It was an incredible experience, from doing all the touristy things to riding the subway....you'll have a blast. When you go, if nothing else....EAT! I even enjoyed $0.99 slices of pizza which apparently don't get much praise. I don't get out much.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @allegro come and be cheered up too!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    @allegro come and be cheered up too!

is this from the PBS thing that he just did? this is great. and he still looks gooooooood.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    is this from the PBS thing that he just did? this is great. and he still looks gooooooood.
    He looks awesome and he's still as hot as ever! Can you believe he's 62? I can't. Also: why can't I be Bridget Fonda?

It was recorded at the Hollywood Bowl last Saturday. He was there for a live orchestral performance of the soundtrack to The Nightmare Before Christmas. After that, Steve Bartek and him took the stage and Danny announced that he was about to do something he had said he was never going to do again (he quit performing live because he's losing his hearing and the loudness of live shows was accelerating the process).

To those who were there (lucky bastards!) it must have been as thrilling as when the audience realized, a few years ago, that this Trent guy was playing some obscure album in its entirety.

I did cry a little watching this but then again, I'm a huge Oingo Boingo/Danny Elfman fan. :P

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    was listening to Russian Circles in the car with my dad and he said "is this one of your songs?"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We will be mortgage-free in two years and seven months. So each payment is now, like, 90% principal. Which is really weird, but cool.

And, yes, I have a count-down on my smartphone.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Chicago BW3 I'm at is stupid-nice. Especially compared to the one I frequent.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    The Chicago BW3 I'm at is stupid-nice. Especially compared to the one I frequent.
    which one are you at? also, i didn't think anyone still called it BW3! most people don't know that the third W stands for "weck"

about 12 years ago when i first started really working for my dad (before i graduated high school) we hung a few TVs at one on Lincoln Avenue near Fullerton, but it's not there anymore.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    which one are you at? also, i didn't think anyone still called it BW3! most people don't know that the third W stands for "weck"

about 12 years ago when i first started really working for my dad (before i graduated high school) we hung a few TVs at one on Lincoln Avenue near Fullerton, but it's not there anymore.
    I had no clue what the third "w" stood for. The more you know.

Taylor Street. Watching football before the Bottom Lounge tonight.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last year i started writing letters to my potential future child in a small moleskine notebook. my wife asked me not to use the qualifier "potential" since we're planning on having a kid some time, so now i just write "dear future child."

i have only made a few entries, and hadn't made one since january until yesterday. i was having a really, really bad day, feeling incredibly depressed, and i decided to start writing again. i also decided to change the way i was writing, and took the opportunity to plan a playlist/mix. i narrowed this down from 145 songs that make me feel better when i'm sad:

"we never change"

1. low - anon
    2. placebo - without you i'm nothing
    3. cult leader - you are not my blood
    4. brand new - daisy
    5. tori amos - bells for her
    6. mogwai - local authority
    7. cat power - baby doll
    8. feist - the water
    9. beth orton - ted's waltz
    10. coldplay - we never change (don't make fun of me for coldplay, it's a beautiful song)
    11. a silver mt. zion - blown-out joy from heaven's mercied hole
    12. rasputina - sign of the zodiac
    13. clint mansell - stay with me
    14. nick cave & the bad seeds - do you love me (part two)
    15. dead can dance - how fortunate the man with none
    16. nine inch nails - leaving hope
    17. sons of magdalene - crows on the eaves of my father's house

i want my kid to know it's ok to be sad, and that sometimes listening to sad music can be incredibly therapeutic.