Page 79 of 182 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 5434

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It feels good when I offer to give a girl my number and she offers me her phone so I can add it myself. Makes me feel like there's some genuine interest and a little trust going on between us. I love when stepping out of my comfort zone pays off.

Also, working out again is fucking fantastic.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I wasn't sure if I should put this in the things that piss you off or things that cheer you up thread... it probably more accurately belongs in "the things that make you authentically feel insane" thread.

A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook.

"Bible study with Judah Smith. Justin Bieber and Nick Jonas are here as well"
    AAAAAAHAHAHA OMG WE SHOULD GO CRASH THIS!!! Let's go, dude, how do we sign up????

Another I dunno if this cheers me up or depresses me: I've been here on ETS 11 years this month (1/29/2004). Wtf.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-15-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Diet Mountain Dew and Marboro Menthol Smooths.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    AAAAAAHAHAHA OMG WE SHOULD GO CRASH THIS!!! Let's go, dude, how do we sign up????
    Believe me, I'm on it.

Another I dunno if this cheers me up or depresses me: I've been here on ETS 11 years this month (1/29/2004). Wtf.
    Shit... me too (almost)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Painting models again. Did two pewter models for our Pathfinder RPG group, and decided to buy some Khorne Bloodletters for our GM to use as generic demons. Why did I ever stop doing this?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Randomly decided to go downtown for no reason, stumbled into a music store, bought an amp on a whim, sounds fucking amazing and it was like 30% off. Happy happy joy joy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Oh jesus, 12 years next month. You people know all my secrets.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    then its been almost 10 for me, holy crap! Is there some way to see when you joined the old ETS? I just know it was around the release of With Teeth when I joined.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I hit 10 years in November. I've been here for over a decade now. So weird.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    then its been almost 10 for me, holy crap! Is there some way to see when you joined the old ETS? I just know it was around the release of With Teeth when I joined.
    I did a quick google search and found an archive post from myself that dates back from February 2006.
    I don't remember when I joined the old board. I know, i wasn't very much active back then though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I joined sometime in February '07 when the Year Zero ARG was starting up. I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    sigh. life goes so fast.

I was watching a bunch of youtube videos about nintendo and i started to realize that the wii games that i REALLY want in my library are the ones nintendo made. I am sick of getting hold of bad wii games!

So last night, i got Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I hit 10 years in November. I've been here for over a decade now. So weird.
    April 13th, 2004 was my join date. So, nearly 11 years. That seems ridiculous!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just realized today that I have a job where a bunch of the people around me are interested in some of the same things I'm into, like retro games, obscure animation shows, bad action films, dabbling in art, and weird home cooking attempts. Makes work fun when I get to talk about stuff like that to pass the time.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    cordless landline phones that beep when the battery is low

if i gave a fuck, I would be giving one - stop beeping

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I hit a new PR on flat bench last week, it was my first "big goal" I had back when I first started.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Omgomgomg MY SISTER BROKE UP WITH HER DUMBSHIT BOYFRIEND AND THE STOOD FIRM WHEN HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO ASK HER TO MRRY HIM THIS YEAR

He's always been anti marriage so it's a pretty obvious desperate attempt. My sister is the sweetest girl ever, but gets taken advantage of because of it. I really, really hope that she doesn't let him back in. Fuck that kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
    April 13th, 2004 was my join date. So, nearly 11 years. That seems ridiculous!
    9 years, though I've mostly been a quiet observer for most of them. This place makes me feel happy and nostalgic whenever I sign in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Getting nominated for a GLAAD award. Lol.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i finally have heat!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The butthurt that Phil from all that remains causes all the metal blogs when he does interviews. Fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I've gone and done yoga 6 days in a row.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Nice! Hope you keep it up. I've been able to stick to doing it at least twice a week. Though I started a 30 days of yoga thing through someones videos online but I did my second day 5 days after my first day, heh. I keep telling myself I'll start my day with 5 minutes of meditation but forget to do even that. I think tomorrow I'll be able to do my 2-day-in-a-row yoga and meditation routine.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    when the muse wraps herself around my brain tight, and it all just flows out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

My new toy. Good price too. Dude instead of upselling saved me $50 even.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm seeing Patton Oswalt tonight!!! Can't wait.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I'm seeing Patton Oswalt tonight!!! Can't wait.
    I wish I was you today! Congrats, he's one of my absolute favorite stand-ups.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    been slipping back into winter depression pretty badly these past few weeks and had a little breakdown yesterday during a meeting with my school adviser. So in attempt to break out of it I went and bought a bicycle. Even just riding it home has given me that little endorphin rush I needed to get back out of the fog.
    I didn't really do any research and the bike isn't the best but its good enough for now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This week's Real Time cheered me up. Self affirming. I caught a lot of shit last week because I dared to back the President's SOTU speech and share evidence that Chris Kyle is a liar at the least and a racist psychopath at the worst. So, of course, I was attacking the military as a whole and NOT just the ONE FUCKING PERSON I actually mentioned (and who the article was about). Fucking Indiana. 'Merca! It was especially difficult because a friend who was in the military got pissed at me (and again, I wasn't attacking the military). Why can't anyone rightly criticize a member of the military, living or dead, and just have it be left at that? Whether it's the cops and their frat blue wall or the brotherhood of the military or conservative America, they all just blindly get behind each other no matter what heinous thing a member of any of those aforementioned people have done.
    I know. I'm ranting. I do that. But I promise you, I am actually cheered up today!