Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 3652

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

  1. #2101
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My daughter (almost 3 months in a week) when she looks into my eyes and smiles at mama

  2. #2102
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,870
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    My boyfriend's cat. She must be 12 years old , barely 6 pounds, all black and completely skiddish. She doesn't like to be picked up and won't sit on your lap. A couple of nights ago, I was asleep and she came up and lay on me. Not next to me, not at my feet (which is something she will do), but right on my lap.
    The moment when they sit down and then RELAX is pure bliss, especially if they're typically an anti social cat. My cat Miley is like that, and when she sits on you...you sure as hell let her.

  3. #2103
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,590
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    i'm back at the hotel having back surgery in amarillo.
    they are called rhizotomies...they basically cauterize your nerves, and you have to be awake for it.

    I had eight of them over the past couple of days. It really hurt but i feel pretty confident that it will work.

  4. #2104
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,111
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i'm back at the hotel having back surgery in amarillo.
    they are called rhizotomies...they basically cauterize your nerves, and you have to be awake for it.

    I had eight of them over the past couple of days. It really hurt but i feel pretty confident that it will work.
    Ugh, that sounds brutal but I sure hope it works! Oh, wow, interesting! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizotomy

    Or actually, this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_f...erve_lesioning
    Last edited by allegro; 11-05-2014 at 11:34 AM.

  5. #2105
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,111
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    My boyfriend's cat. She must be 12 years old , barely 6 pounds, all black and completely skiddish. She doesn't like to be picked up and won't sit on your lap. A couple of nights ago, I was asleep and she came up and lay on me. Not next to me, not at my feet (which is something she will do), but right on my lap.
    She's showing you that she now TRUSTS you! :-)

  6. #2106
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    $73 each way to and from San Francisco.

  7. #2107
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,539
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    $73 each way to and from San Francisco.
    Southwest? I ALWAYS fly with them if I can. Even if it means having a (short) layover somewhere.

    When are you going? When I asked my friend about stuff for you to do, he was in Vegas, but I'll ask him again now!

  8. #2108
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Concrete Prairie, Texas
    Posts
    2,807
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    She's showing you that she now TRUSTS you! :-)
    Seriously. Yet, when the bf walks in the room she's still on guard. What the hell did he do to her? No really, I've had enough cats in my life to know, this one is more skittish then average. Can you blame her, several years ago she went to the vet to get her teeth cleaned and came back with her front paws de-clawed!

  9. #2109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,610
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  10. #2110
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Southwest? I ALWAYS fly with them if I can. Even if it means having a (short) layover somewhere.

    When are you going? When I asked my friend about stuff for you to do, he was in Vegas, but I'll ask him again now!
    Heck yeah, Southwest! I never fly with anyone else.

    Also, that's awesome! I am going to be there from December 3rd through the 7th.

  11. #2111
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Concrete Prairie, Texas
    Posts
    2,807
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post

    I am going to be there from December 3rd through the 7th.
    First week after Thanksgiving is always the cheapest week to fly in the US. That week, I'm going DFW to LGA (NY) for $200!

  12. #2112
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,539
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    LGA IS A SHITHOLE. That's the only thing that I hate about Southwest... I'm forced to fly out of LGA or EWK. Both of which are awful. It isn't so bad flying INTO LGA, but flying out of there is almost guaranteed to be a fucking mess.

  13. #2113
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Concrete Prairie, Texas
    Posts
    2,807
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    LGA IS A SHITHOLE. That's the only thing that I hate about Southwest... I'm forced to fly out of LGA or EWK. Both of which are awful. It isn't so bad flying INTO LGA, but flying out of there is almost guaranteed to be a fucking mess.
    LGA a short cab ride from my parent's in Manhattan. Going to JFK can be a nightmare too.

  14. #2114
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Been feeling like utter shit due to shit. Had a random girl approach me yesterday and said "Hun, you are beyond gorgeous" It's funny how strangers can put a little smile on your face, and the people you once considered close did nothing but made it their goal to make you feel the worst one can feel in every way.

  15. #2115
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I just found out that the IMAX I'm seeing Interstellar in Saturday is not only the only full size IMAX within 400 miles, it's also the one and only theater in the entire state that is playing it in 70mm. The perfectionist in me is very happy that I get to see it with all the bells and whistles.

    Also, it doesn't hurt that the theater is only about 10 miles from where I live.

  16. #2116
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,590
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ugh, that sounds brutal but I sure hope it works! Oh, wow, interesting! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizotomy

    Or actually, this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_f...erve_lesioning
    right @allegro ?
    I want to watch a video of one of them being performed...i was scared to do it before i had it done...better just to lay face down and deal with the pain instead of knowing what those big needles are like

    it damn sure SOUNDS like it should work, right?

  17. #2117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,111
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    right @allegro ?
    I want to watch a video of one of them being performed...i was scared to do it before i had it done...better just to lay face down and deal with the pain instead of knowing what those big needles are like

    it damn sure SOUNDS like it should work, right?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kVofaaGNNig
    Last edited by allegro; 11-06-2014 at 07:53 PM.

  18. #2118
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,732
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've been taking more initiative lately in meeting girls, and I'm learning to be better at it and more confident, especially in situations where I'm being called "hot" by a stranger here and there (especially on Halloween. It's a shame my Pyramid Head helmet made my face invisible). Anyway, in the last couple weeks I've gotten five numbers (and one that always seems friendly and genuinely engages in small talk, but hasn't sent me that first text yet - also, I don't have HER number, so...), and...honestly, they just kind of happened, and before I knew it, I was comfortable enough in our conversation to want to ask to keep touch.

    On top of that and working out (a little more and more every day), changing up my diet, and saving my spending habits, I feel like I'm doing awesome. In addition, my boss will be gone tomorrow and Friday, then I get the day off Wednesday, meaning I'll get to do things on my own for a few days AND get a day off. I need a little something like that after last week, when I spent my entire week's free time, about 4 hours a night, working on my costume's helmet.

    https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...c0&oe=54D338DD

    Edit: Also, eating an entire box of scalloped potatoes, because I'm an adult and nobody can stop me.
    Last edited by Alrea; 11-06-2014 at 10:14 PM.

  19. #2119
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,539
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Earlier, I posted in the other thread that yesterday, a package of good stuff was delivered to me from @heavenly_bearded , and I had left it at the store. I called twice today to see if it had been turned in, and was told no both times. But I stopped by anyway tonight and asked again. The manager knew where it was right away.

    OH MAN I'M HAPPY NOW

  20. #2120
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,111
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Holy crap, that's great news!!!

  21. #2121
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    My Sephora package came today even though it is a holiday and there was no mail delivery today.

  22. #2122
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Sad Claire Danes:


  23. #2123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,463
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Following Richard Simmons on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

  24. #2124
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,929
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    No Shave November. The world needs more manhair.

  25. #2125
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,734
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Too Many Cooks. Days later, the theme still plays in my head and cracks me up.

  26. #2126
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,180
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    No Shave November. The world needs more manhair.
    i haven't shaved my beard off completely in over two years. november is just another month to me. but it is certainly nice to look around at all the dudes who normally don't have facial hair looking gruff and handsome.

  27. #2127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    1,116
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i haven't shaved my beard off completely in over two years. november is just another month to me. but it is certainly nice to look around at all the dudes who normally don't have facial hair looking gruff and handsome.
    I did on Halloween for the first time in four years probably more. Though on my best day I'd hesitate to call my facial pubis a beard. That said,I didn't like it and don't plan on doing it any time soon.

  28. #2128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,180
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I did on Halloween for the first time in four years probably more. Though on my best day I'd hesitate to call my facial pubis a beard. That said,I didn't like it and don't plan on doing it any time soon.
    i did it two years ago so i could be Giles from buffy for halloween. my wife (fiancee, at the time) wouldn't kiss me until it grew back in because i "looked like [i was] 15 years old."

  29. #2129
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,732
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    No Shave November. The world needs more manhair.
    This year, I decided to just let my beard continue into November, versus shaving it and starting the month fresh. Now that it's past the scratchy stage, I'm totally comfortable with it again. That stage between stubble and the beginning of a full beard is the worst.

    Anyway, one of the girls I mustered up the courage to talk to? She is...awesome, and cute, and straightforward, and totally into me, apparently! We're gonna get coffee tomorrow night and see Interstellar Friday. She's already seen it, but I told her that if she wants to see Interstellar again with me, I'd sit through Gone Girl with her, since I saw it a couple weeks back and she hasn't yet. So things are going pretty well there! Interestingly, she was considering moving from her current apartment to a complex right across the street from me, so if we end up dating a while, it could be beneficial to live so close to one another. Anyway, I'm stoked. Everything is awesome right now.

    And I found a stray dog today, and barely managed to make it to the humane society in town (had to leave work early to get there 3 minutes after they closed - luckily, they were careless and left the front door unlocked, heh). She's there for now, and I got all the info I need to check up on her. How do stray dogs keep finding their way into my life? I found two a month ago, and another one a few months before that...

  30. #2130
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wrong end of the phone
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Forbidden Chocolate Krunch Sundae Cone.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions