Page 52 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My new necklace that I ordered off of Amazon:

It's more beautiful irl.

Also, of course my new pair of combat boots that I scored from the thrift store for only $12

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In the middle of this storm inside my mind I am very very happy that at least my band stuff is going nice. We are going to the play in the fucking biggest metal festival in Finland next summer and we have some other gigs coming up too.
    Last edited by konkelo; 04-19-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Loving my new laptop. Not like the last one, an emergency replacement that was only so-so … five years ago I had to settle for what I could afford, and it still left me in a financial bind.

Now some of the money my boss is no longer paying towards my old pre-ACA health insurance is going into a raise instead, so I can afford the machine I really wanted this time.
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 04-21-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: didn't mention how long it was since the last one

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    On a Rammstein binge! GIMME ALL YOU GOT!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I just booked plane tickets for this summer to visit family/friends.

HNNNNNG. I'm excited as shit about this. But I feel like this will assist me to keep my shit in line a bit better. Like, going home and visiting folks was kind of an abstract thought. But now that the tickets are actually purchased, I'm stupidly excited. Even if it isn't until August! Gives a bitch something to look forward to.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Producing short films can be great fun - especially in cases like this when the talented writer/director takes care of all the post-production work. Then, a couple months later, a very polished, very entertaining short comes out of the oven! Gratifying.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Haha ^ that was pretty decent. Quite enjoyed it. I mean its easy to see where the story was going early on... so the only critique I would've had was you needed to flesh out that end scene a bit to include a bit more substance other than the reveal, since if if the viewer figured it out on their own there's really not much else to digest in the second half of the video. Not sure exactly how I would recommend doing that i.e, a few lines of dialogue, a kiss between the two "real" lovers, a more elaborate stabbing, etc. But just that little something extra to give it that oomf and to put it over the top, since it builds and builds and unless you really didn't see it coming, you don't get a full load payoff.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Long-winded drum or organ solos. HEY, what has both of those?

Aaaaaaaah, satisfied.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Long-winded drum or organ solos used in a psychological thriller that was horribly and pointlessly remade in 2002. HEY, what has all three of those?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Long-winded drum or organ solos used in a psychological thriller that was horribly and pointlessly remade in 2002. HEY, what has all three of those?
    Aaaaaaaah, satisfied.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Good morning text messages are the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweets. <3 I haven't been eating sweets for three weeks.. bought some yesterday. Dried cherries covered in dark chocolate <3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wore my NIN Australia tour shirt to work today. Went for a walk to go and get lunch, came back and saw this homeless dude that I see every now and then sitting out the front of my building, so I stopped just before going in because I wanted to give him a bit of change. He looked up and asked me "Did you go see them?". At first I thought he was talking to someone else, and then when I realised he was talking to me I was spinning out because I had no idea what he was on about until I looked down at my shirt. So we had a real brief chat about how he had seen them live once upon a time and I have him some change. Made the rest of the day so much more awesome.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Update! That video I helped produce (posted earlier on this page) is going viral. Strange but good feeling...

It's on digg, fast company, elite daily, sourcefed, kotaku...

unbelievable.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    May very well be going on tour for eight months. This could solve a great many problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    15 minutes left of work and then I'm on vacation. Disneyland for the 1st time.....only took me 28, almost 29 years.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Have fun! Disneyland is a blast. Make sure to hit the Indiana Jones ride while you're there.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Plugging in a USB cable without having to flip it over twice, and feeling like a wizard.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Catching an empty bus or train a couple of minutes early.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Catching an empty bus or train a couple of minutes early.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    15 minutes left of work and then I'm on vacation. Disneyland for the 1st time.....only took me 28, almost 29 years.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Moving in a few days, new place is only a 15 minute walk from work and way nicer than my current situation. Never lived with strangers before (found the place on Craigslist) so I'm a bit nervous but also very excited. They seem pretty nice though, and we have a lot of similar interests, so I'm sure we'll get along well.

Also I'm only 2 or 3 pay-days away from being able to afford the headphones, DAC, and amp that I want, so I'm really looking forward to re-experiencing a lot of my favorite albums through my own audiophile rig instead of my not-bad Sennheisers or entry-level 5.1 setup I have at work. And once that's all on my desk I'm going to start building a PC so I can finally enjoy all the games I can't play on my Mac, but that's going to wait quite a while before I start ordering any parts since it's going to be around $600-$700, not including monitor.

Exciting times are ahead of me!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    After many music-less months, I finally had the time and energy to replace my car stereo this week. (It started ejecting the cassette adapter I use for my iPad, so a stereo with aux input went from "nice to have" to "critical need.")

I've never installed a car stereo before, so this was no small task. But it went easier than I thought, and to my amazement the car still works.

Maybe I should keep going and replace the rear speakers while I'm at it (they sound vastly different from each other). Compared to the intricacies of mounting kits and wiring harnesses, that should be a piece of cake.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Bought a new wallet. Fuck yeah, Boba Fett.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    When people give polite compliments.

Today, I was walking out on this pier, and a guy just said "you have very beautiful eyes". I thanked him. When I walked back by later, he said "have a good day, pretty eyes". It was sweet. No hint of AY GIRL type of shit. He just seemed to be being nice. I haven't experienced that in quite a while. It made me smile.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I got that at karaoke a couple weeks ago. Random girl in passing: "I like your mohawk!"
    Well thanks

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I made a fantastic omelet for myself earlier today; I love cooking, but don't do it often, simply because it can very quickly turn into a sort of chore, but I had the day off and am by myself for pretty much all of it, so I figured, why the hell not? I've never been able to make really good ones, and I think a lot of amateur cooks/chefs/average people would agree, so to have one come out almost perfectly was a small victory I needed.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    my youngest sang with a choir yesterday. he wasn't go to do it, and then changed his mind. seeing him singing was priceless.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My dad made it out of the hospital yesterday - ticker is A-OK, infection is on the run. Thanks to @Dra508 for the luv!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I lost my ID back in October. I FINALLY got a new one about three weeks ago. I then lost THAT ONE last week. Someone actually mailed it back to me. <3

I received it on the same day that I told the DMV that the first one never came. So now I'll have a back up for when I inevitably misplace one.