Page 51 of 182 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ^ hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m33k View Post
    The fart sounds every time I scroll down a full page...

Just remembered it was April Fools day... Bravo.
    I was freaking out at first when I heard it, thinking I had some hidden pop up somewhere. Then I smiled, and now I'm still laughing whenever I scroll.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I wish this was for more than 1 day.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    FART SOUNDS!!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I thought my brand new laptop was broke hearing that sound. Nice one.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Dad went in for a colonoscopy today as there was blood found in his stool circa 2 weeks ago.

Nothnig unusual found and everything is OK. Big relief. Just been straining too hard apparently.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Dad went in for a colonoscopy today as there was blood found in his stool circa 2 weeks ago.

Nothnig unusual found and everything is OK. Big relief. Just been straining too hard apparently.
    Oral cancer instead of anal cancer and a different type of Dad, but ditto.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Tell me to get some exercise FFS.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dra508 View Post
    tell me to get some exercise ffs.
    get some sexercise.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    get some sexercise.
    He's not home yet. Sooooon.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Lay's Classic chips

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It being Friday.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    He's not home yet. Sooooon.
    Relevant:

Dra508 10:39 AM Viewing Forum All the Flesh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Eating nachos with a shit load of jalapenos and Chipotle sauce to kick the ass of whatever head cold I've got.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

So i made a boards of canada clock...a working one. Simple idea, but it came out badass. my webcam sucks but you (maybe) get the idea.

Edit: Annnnnnd the pic didn't even come out.
    i tried to link from facebook. use your imagination.

i got a cheap clock with old school hands, took it apart, and put a little hole in my BoC tomorrow's harvest "art pack" edition cd case. so the clock hands are on the cover, and the cd case supports it.

Simple, but it's fucking bad-ass.

I think my old nin broken artwork (the backwards orange n and all the words) is next.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-04-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Backed up iPhone and system for the first time since about October. Glad I finally got off my ass and got it done.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @Piss On Your Dog - that username right there.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So, I've been talking to a woman in HR for the company that owns the apartment complex where I currently live and work (also where I'll be putting in my two week notice tomorrow) about the possibility of me receiving back-pay for extra hours that I worked last year, after being told I had to work 14 hours a week, then 15, THEN 11 hours for my rent to be paid for. I was curious about that 3-4 hour difference that I worked before, and wondering why the hours changed when my rental rate never changed.

After running the numbers and checking through eeevery individual week from last year, it turns out that I can totally still get paid for that extra time I didn't get paid for under the pretense that it went toward my rent.

A sum of $1,560.

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGG. I get it tuesday. First orders of business - A couple advance student loan payments, rent checks for the next two months, and a membership at the aquatics facility. GONNA GET MY SWIM ON. As for the rest, it'll be sitting in savings for a good while.

That is, with the exception of Record Store Day.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Getting my tax refund AND work pay cheque AND GST cheque all tomorrow. I'M GONNA BE RICH FOR LIKE A FEW DAYS!

Also I'm buying a new keyboard soon and I've been going nuts with the customizing tool thing from WASD Keyboards. It's actually really fun for me getting to choose key switches and layouts and colours, I just wish they had backlighting

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Still 10 months until the wife and I move in to our new condo and so far ahead of scheduled saving it looks like we'll have well over double our originally expected furnishing budget of $5,000.

PAPI'S GONNA BE GETTIN' A BIG FUCKIN' TV FO SHO.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    trifactor victories.
    and the opening race, every year. <3

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Going commando.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    A T-Rex throwing the first pitch at a baseball game. This cheers me up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    my girl and I went to our first prenatal appointment with her new ob/gyn yesterday, and discovered that said nurse practitioner is as big of a NIN fan as I am. also, we got to hear the little one's heartbeat for the first time. :-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Raise kicked in at work. Finally bought the new 60"" TV I've wanted for a while. And finally was able to buy our 2nd car! And I finally get the weekend off... finally. Oh, and FanExpo on Sunday!! Can't wait to meet Bruce Campbell and Giancarlo Esposito. Time to drink.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Raise kicked in at work. Finally bought the new 60"" TV I've wanted for a while. And finally was able to buy our 2nd car! And I finally get the weekend off... finally. Oh, and FanExpo on Sunday!! Can't wait to meet Bruce Campbell and Giancarlo Esposito. Time to drink.
    I am jealous of literally everything in this post. Except maybe the Esposito part, but I just don't know who that is.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I am jealous of literally everything in this post. Except maybe the Esposito part, but I just don't know who that is.
    !!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Super-jealous about FanExpo, I gotta work What TV and car did you get?! I'm gonna have to buy a new TV after I move in a couple weeks, trying to track down a reasonably-sized Panasonic plasma but the only ones still around are 50"+ which is just too much for me.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-19-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Super-jealous about FanExpo, I gotta work What TV and car did you get?! I'm gonna have to buy a new TV after I move in a couple weeks, trying to track down a reasonably-sized Panasonic plasma but the only ones still around are 50"+ which is just too much for me.
    Yeah the only day during the week my wife and I ever have off work together is Sundays, so that's when we're headed down...hoping all the good shit's not gone by then lol. Got a 60" plasma, well aware of the glare issues so hoping in our new condo next year (a rather bright spot in a tower) that it's not like staring in a mirror or else I'm gonna have to sell it and rock an LED. As for car, bought us another Mazda; my wife needed something since the store she runs is down on Granville Island.

As for plasmas, I'd maybe keep looking...they're on the way out. Any tech nerd (and trust me, I've researched and spoke with people that know their shit) will tell you plasmas are still THE superior type of television, but LED's are getting damn close and have become so popular over the past few years (less glare, lighter in weight) that major names like Panasonic are soon going to stop selling them altogether.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    As for plasmas, I'd maybe keep looking...they're on the way out. Any tech nerd (and trust me, I've researched and spoke with people that know their shit) will tell you plasmas are still THE superior type of television, but LED's are getting damn close and have become so popular over the past few years (less glare, lighter in weight) that major names like Panasonic are soon going to stop selling them altogether.
    Hahah, the reason I asked was because I work in audio & video sales :P Panasonic plasmas are the shit, I'm probably going to grab a 42" or 50" S60. Definitely not the best of them but it's better than anything else in my budget. Panasonic's already stopped making plasmas now though, and they're selling like nuts now that everyone knows they'll be all gone soon so I gotta grab one pretty quick.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-19-2014 at 03:45 AM.