Page 130 of 181 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Drove 450 miles for a doctor's appointment and ended up with the most efficient doctors office I have ever been too. Checked in and got back in 5 minutes and immediately had the doctor and 3 nurses show up to do what they needed. Immediately afterward, was taken straight back to the lab and didn't have to wait at all, a nurse was waiting for me to finish lab work and xrays.
    Everything was perfect. (I guess I should say I drove that far for a reason, I'm in the process of being a gestational carrier [surrogate] for a couple that can't have kids and it was required that their facility take a look at me)
    Oh, and I made it back home alive the day after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I drove past Johnny Depp's villa in Cannes. Trifle, but made my day
    Last edited by LottaG; 10-23-2018 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Made some random shit post on FB, said,"People got me fucked up." This was sept 26. As of today thanks to a few buddies insesent trolling of almost all manner of gifs (mostly) it has reached a comment number of 490. Easily 90% are just the aforementioned gifs with occasional wtf is this posts in there. For my part i just let it be and so far eventually someone will throw something up and start the stream of ridiculousness up again. It's probably the best thing I'll ever do on fb in my life.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Listening to Wesley Willis and Jan Terri on occasion. The music they made are just among some of those things that really remind me to not take life too seriously.
    Batman was gettin’ on my nerves.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Weather related again: winter storm in the Texas panhandle. It's supposed to be snowing, but it only got down to 40 so it's just rain.

It's PRETTY cold though, and, best of all, the sky is beautifully grey.
    I LOVE grey skies. It can get depressing if it goes on for weeks, but, in general, I find it to be calming.

And also, there's also something about storms that is exciting to me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bought two Klipsch Reference R-15M bookshelf speakers for my birthday. Hooked them up to my old Denon ARV 1100 reciever with Klipsch sub and have been pumping some jams all evening.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Searching half an hour for something I misplaced, then finding it inadvertantly when I stopped searching for a minute to hug my wife.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Getting a shoutout from a band you love.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That google Halloween game is rocking me today. It's a ton of fun, I can't believe how fast it is either.

https://g.co/doodle/fs36bv

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Dressed up for a walk around the neighbourhood...

heh

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Annnnd carved some turnips as well tonight

Last edited by MrLobster; 10-31-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Learning the Memphis poster @m0reta got me was a foil.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my job (that i've only had since the end of may, but it's also my first job as an adult other than working with my dad, and i'm doing all the same stuff—a/v, networking, etc.) has been making me unhappy for a while because of how this company operates.

last friday, i had an interview with a different company that does all the same stuff, but is a smaller, family business. they also provide you with a company phone & laptop, and you don't have to drive your own car to jobs (you come into the office, which is only 15 minutes from my place, and load up a van for the day and take that out) so i no longer have to keep so much shit in the back of my volkswagen that i can only fit one other person in my car.

today was my last day at my job, and i start my new one next thursday. i am so, so happy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Many days of rain, then a terrific windstorm this afternoon. Tree branch fell from the sky onto my wife's car when she was driving home, and completely smashed the windshield. Somehow she escaped any physical harm, just a bit shaken up. I should buy the angel who protected her a Christmas card or something. (ETA photo)

Last edited by zero; 11-05-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Blasting Wish on repeat in the final hour of me 26 just to yell along to the line "26 years on my way to hell" and it be true.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Getting tickets for Alice In Chains and Rammstein on the same day...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Going to check on an apt tomorrow that sounds almost too good to be true. I did however talk with the lady today who owns the shops below and she remembered my email from the other day, and sounded super cool so hopefully it works out. Also may have salaried position at work, which may actually not suck.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    started my new job on thursday, already like it so much more than the last place i was working (doing the same stuff). now i look forward to going into work even though i have to be there an hour earlier, because it doesn't make me miserable.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Sometimes being reminded that the words sugar and fudge were actually used to replace the words shit and fuck.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Dr. Cathleen London is my new internet hero.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Okay, so background first: My landlady (who was a friend) died suddenly about a month ago. Our rental house land was then inherited by her wacko daughter. She not only buried her mother with no funeral in her hospital gown (not for lack of funds, she just didn’t care) but then started harassing us to move. Including lovely illegal things like threatening to cut off our water and change our locks etc etc. We ended up having to find a house we could afford that took pets and was near work AND move in less than 13 days just to get away from the hassle and stress.

So while moving, some friends were trying to convince me that my roommate and I should take some sort of vengeance (which is typically not my style). My roommate said that her method would be to wait until hornets were asleep and then put the nest in the house. I was worried about the hornets being okay at first (everyone said they would be fine) and then thought the idea was funny. BUT there was no way I wanted her messing with a hornet’s nest.

I wish to say now that I did not physically do anything….. But we show up the next day to get the rest of our stuff and found bees all over the house, inside and out. Three different species, including carpenter bees. No one in our little group was stung. In fact the bees would part whenever we walked through the swarm and then go back to swarming again. During the afternoon more and more came. By the time we left for the last time we could hear them in the attic and in two of the walls. Hundreds of them. Fuck, yeah.

I took a pic of the beginning of it….

I didn’t have to take vengeance. Nature did it for me. Muahaha!
    Last edited by dedevoce; 09-06-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was talking to my mother recently, and I mentioned something about a Nintendo Switch and my mom looked at me and said I got you with the holidays coming up. SO HYPE.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got the apartment, got sort of fleeced as she was really adamant about getting me signed up for this month, pro-rated at least but it's no worries. At least I have plenty of time to move my stuffs. Also, was able to secure a loan for a new car which I should be looking at getting here soon if it's still available, 2003 Honda Accord. Will be a nice change from the beater, but drive-able, '97 intrepid that I have been limping along. The job thing fell through it seems as I asked my boss man about it and he waffled on the subject when i brought it up to him, le douche. I may go talk to the owner chef about switching stores as this dudes shit I'm about done with, but thats for a diff. thread. All in all not a bad last couple of days.

*Also, my FB shit post is still going strong with over 700 pure nonsense .gif comments.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Short story - My best friend's little sister got a dog she isn't caring for at all, and my friend is desperately looking for a home for this 11-month-old puppy.

So uhhh. I'm gonna have a second dog as of Thanksgiving.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I haven't been following any stand-up comedians for quite some time so I thought of checking out Andrew Dice Clay and Doug Stanhope more and more. Depending on my mood and preference, their bits make my day. They're also both riots on interviews. (As most stand-ups usually are.) It's also sometimes not just about the jokes, but with me sometimes it's just the observations, deliveries and the overall characters being portrayed.

I guess that's what makes comedy of any type sufficiently enjoyable and entertaining for me even if it doesn't always have me literally go LOL.

Speaking of following famous figures, thank goodness for Twitter as well. (I haven't been there for a while though, but being reminded of it being used for just that also cheered me up a bit too.)

Oh, and as for surprises, even in spite of bad surprises that were pretty much accidents and disasters waiting to happen, it turns out that the only surprises I really care for and actually love are the surprises that actually work in my favor in terms of comfort, convenience, pleasure and personal gain. Selfish, but true, I know.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been on a Stanhope kick lately myself, not sure it's the best idea but he's such a savage i can't help myself.

Got a new car today, '03 Honda Accord with 160k. Other than the years and a bit of clear coating coming off on the top drivers side it's in about as good condition one could hope for, no dings or rust. They just replaced the oil pan, front brakes and rotors, head light assembly and did the fluids recently, as well as new tires as of 500 miles ago. My buddy who's a mechanic came with for the test drive and put it through the general checks and told me for the year i'd probably not find a better one. Had it out and about on the highways tonight and nothing strange popped up after a bit of driving so hopefully stays solid for me.

Also with my move coming up I checked on a part time job near my new place and the owner happened to be in, he asked about my what I do now and if I have done breakfast cooking, lol. Assuming it's weekday hours it may be a viable option as it's 2 blocks from my new apt. Not sure I would make it a full time gig and lose where I am now but for some extra work it shouldn't be too bad.

Also pt.2 - I have been giving serious thought of getting out of the cooking game all together as this old man would like a job with some sort of beni's even if it's just some vacation time and steady hours. I stopped in to the local paper to ask about a printing press operator job I found. I went in to see if they had a paper application (on-line only) and ended up getting a quick tour of the warehouse and a run down of the operation even talked briefly with the head boss man. I have no experience whatsoever, and said so but they also have a operator support position as well. Not sure on the pay but it can't be me much worse than what I'm used to grinding it out in kitchens plus it has the sort of standard benefit package and the aforementioned m-f 7-4 hours.

What's nice is other than being straight broke for a bit things are looking up which has me nervous some, but I'm keeping cautiously optimistic about everything.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-20-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I recently found out that I am not allergic to fish as I had been told I was for almost thirty years. I've tried a few different ways of making tilapia and they were very tasty... but I just had salmon for the first time Monday night.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

My mind has been blown and best of all, I had this mind blowing experience by getting fresh salmon from the deli counter at Kroger. I don't know if I'm ready for salmon or any other fish yet from a specialty restaurant but... man. I am VERY excited to try it out!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I recently found out that I am not allergic to fish as I had been told I was for almost thirty years. I've tried a few different ways of making tilapia and they were very tasty... but I just had salmon for the first time Monday night.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

My mind has been blown and best of all, I had this mind blowing experience by getting fresh salmon from the deli counter at Kroger. I don't know if I'm ready for salmon or any other fish yet from a specialty restaurant but... man. I am VERY excited to try it out!
    That’s awesome! I was just talking with a coworker today about how crazy it would be to go the first 20, 30, 40 years of your life and either finding out something about yourself that you never knew, or finding out something about yourself that you THOUGHT was always true and turned out to be completely false. Allergies, color-blindness, anything like that. Fish/seafood is delicious, congrats on the discovery! :P

In other news, update on the puppy: Unfortunately, I am no longer getting the puppy that was in need of a new home. The family had a couple of long conversations with the young girl (12) who owned him, and it basically boiled down to her being extremely anxious about raising a puppy herself and not being able to make time for it. Not that it was being abused or anything, but she was just letting herself get overly stressed about taking care of a living animal, despite loving it to death, and jumped the gun on trying to find him a more suitable home. I’m a little bummed, sure, but it isn’t like I’d even personally met the puppy yet anyway. I’d partially expected a change of heart to come about from the situation anyway, so it’s all good. Hopefully now it seems like he’s gonna be taken care of just fine. My friend (the girl’s older sister) is kind of shadowing her and helping her out through the process, and if it really turns out to be more than she can/wants to handle, she’s gonna get in touch with me again, as I’ve been a family friend of theirs for over a decade and they know I could be trusted to give him a good home. For now, looks like it’s just me and mine until I can properly upgrade to a larger apartment or a house with a yard!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-21-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Ironically, even in spite of occasional loneliness and emptiness, peace and quiet, and just simply being able to just do my own thing and chill without any interruptions whatsoever.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I went to the pharmacy last night. One of my prescriptions was going to be $130; I found coupons for the rest of them, but I couldn't find a coupon for the $130 one.

And the woman at the counter asked me if I had looked for a coupon, and I told her I had and couldn't seem to find one.

Then, she said "hold on, I THINK I remember seeing one on this one site."

And she looked it up and entered it, and it took a HUNDRED dollars off.

I couldn't fucking believe it. It seems like most people don't give a shit about other people these days.

It really meant a lot to me. Furthermore, I asked her how I could go about commending her to her boss, and she told me she didn't want me to, and that being able to help was enough of a reward.